1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: SHOTGUN Mark XL Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to mention, one thing I do really like about this figure (and I hope it's used again in the future) is the Figuarts-style leg articulation.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention, one thing I do really like about this figure (and I hope it's used again in the future) is the Figuarts-style leg articulation.

Do you mean that they can be pulled down? If so, they've used that on several figures. If not, what do you mean?

43 definitely does. I think they've had it as far back as Iron Patriot?

Didn't realise the newer War Machines had it. The 43 makes sense now as I believe the whole leg joint section was updated from the 42's version. If it's a regular thing with the armours now that's great news, because it really helps out with the poses.

Out of the iron man figures I have.. The shotgun, centurion, starboost, heartbreaker, the 42, and the mark 2 war machine all have the pull down legs/hips.. The only one that I have that doesn't is the mark 7.

Ah. I think you guys misunderstood. I don't mean any old style pull down. I meant the exact mechanism that is on the Shotgun figure. The Figuarts-style one, where the legs are themselves connected to two bars that are joined in the middle of the inside of the crotch section and move upwards and downwards. Not the button pressing thing that a lot of the armours have.

Ah. I think you guys misunderstood. I don't mean any old style pull down. I meant the exact mechanism that is on the Shotgun figure. The Figuarts-style one, where the legs are themselves connected to two bars that are joined in the middle of the inside of the crotch section and move upwards and downwards. Not the button pressing thing that a lot of the armours have.

Yeah, those armors that I listed all have the figuarts style pull down hips. The kind where the bar of the ball joint moves.

Whoops.. I was looking at the wrong directions. Yes, you are right. But the others definitely have it.

Just skimmed through a Starboost review, and it has it. Will trust you on the others. It's a really neat feature, glad it's seemingly being used on every release now. It's something that's just passed me by, having not bought a sixth scale IM since the 42.

Shotgun
image_zpshwfmr7bh.jpg

Starboost
image_zpsbe9rqbbu.jpg

Centurion
image_zpsihx8w4zr.jpg

Heartbreaker
image_zps0sd8maet.jpg

Looks like I was wrong about war machine as well.. I could've sworn I've pulled his legs down before.. Oh well.

Thanks Timothy. Maybe it's just the plastic guys from the HPP that get this feature. The 1/4 43 doesn't use it either. It might be too fragile an arrangement to be used on the heavier figures.

I was hoping the 45 might have it, but it seems unlikely.

Back