1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a lazy move from Hot Toys. Sold out figure, repaint eyes, yeeey, new exclusive figure.

Well, that's how you make money i guess.

You must be new to this hobby...Sideshow did the EXACT same thing back in 2006.....of course it only cost $60 back then.....

View attachment 414583

Yeah, this was fairly predictable as far as HT Exclusives go. The minute that Anakin wasn't a "Deluxe" figure, it was pretty much a given.

The Sith eyes are an involuntary physical reaction to when a Sith pulls power from deep within the dark side. Only a powerful Sith will experience their eyes changing during the most intense moments of utilizing the deepest draw of power from within dark side.

- Anakin on Mustafar after slaughtering all the seperatists, then they turn back when he sees Padme. Then they turn yellow again after ObiWan strikes him down and he fills with rage while pulling from the dark side to stay alive.
- Palpatine after killing Mace and pledging Anakin to the dark side.

In regards to Dooku, remember that he was a Jedi trained by Yoda before he turned and no where near as powerful as Anakin. While Dooku became corrupted by the dark side, he never was fully embraced by it. This would leave him no where near pulling the level of power that we saw from Anakin or even the Emperor.

Hope that helps.

But in short, the Sith eyes are Star Wars canon and not something that was just made up for a few scenes.

By the way, Snoke and Kylo are not Sith.

Since the PT (including cartoons) I have related Red Light Sabers to Sith more than eyes. Also the use of "lightning bolts" as a weapon. Not sure if we now include ghost Yoda

Well, you’re going to see two reactions from the “Sith eyes” crowd: elated, because this is the version they want, or pissed, because this is the version they wanted.

For those who already have the regular version though, I still wouldn’t be surprised if OSK offers a bootleg Sith eyes sculpt, an exact copy of this sculpt, at about $30.

Yeah Baby!! thats really the only selling feature, the base is neat, but the larger platform Obi and him shared would have been the only thing appealing, or a mustafar lava hill, otherwise im good with a bootleg head

they could have also changed the expression but I would have still waited for OSK

Last edited:
Yeah Baby!! thats really the only selling feature, the base is neat, but the larger platform Obi and him shared would have been the only thing appealing, or a mustafar lava hill, otherwise in goo with a bootleg head

they could have also changed the expression but I would have still waited for OSK

:exactly:

I’d just go the potentially, most likely, OSK route. If I were even interested in a Sith eyes sculpt that is.

My Anakin is arriving from BBTS today. I may just take the hit on shipping to return it and order this version. Much easier to pick up a parted out normal head sculpt and Dooku saber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Sith eyes are an involuntary physical reaction to when a Sith pulls power from deep within the dark side. Only a powerful Sith will experience their eyes changing during the most intense moments of utilizing the deepest draw of power from within dark side.

- Anakin on Mustafar after slaughtering all the seperatists, then they turn back when he sees Padme. Then they turn yellow again after ObiWan strikes him down and he fills with rage while pulling from the dark side to stay alive.

In regards to Dooku, remember that he was a Jedi trained by Yoda before he turned and no where near as powerful as Anakin. While Dooku became corrupted by the dark side, he never was fully embraced by it. This would leave him no where near pulling the level of power that we saw from Anakin or even the Emperor.

Hope that helps.

But in short, the Sith eyes are Star Wars canon and not something that was just made up for a few scenes.

Yup! :goodpost:

Yeah I know the Sith eyes are really popular with people, but for me they're just a bit too cheesy, and I actually prefer the look of the regular figure. Since he already looks sinister enough as is.
Yeah, I think the Sith eyes are a bit cheesy looking myself. In ways I can see the argument from both sides with this particular figure. I think this head sculpt could have come with the first figure but yet I can see from Hot Toys’ perspective making another figure for extra profit. I think there needed to be more to sweeten the deal for people wanting to pick up both. As is this figure is too similar to the original to be worthwhile for me to even consider. I wasn’t really planning on it anyways though.

Hope that helps.

Agreed, they were a known phenomenon even before Anakin’s eyes changed in RotS. They were shown in a few comics/novels as well as video games (KotOR) before that moment. In some cases the physical changes went even further.

Of course if one doesn’t like them thats fine, as that’s purely subjective, but they weren’t made up just for the Pt.

As for the figure itself it’s not a must have. Either version is fine, it depends on the look you want. It’d just be too bad if somebody really wanted this one but got the other, with this being shown off so soon afterwards.

Well, Sideshow did the same with this character back in 2006 with their 12" Anakin Skywalker release and their follow up the SDCC exclusive Darth Vader Sith Apprentice ... history will repeat itself.

I bought them both then... I will buy both now.

Some production photos:

35932278_1861694977228143_9170411667006160896_n.jpg

35955125_1861694920561482_752208078161575936_n.jpg

36063512_1861694740561500_7797583417322766336_n.jpg

35963552_1861694857228155_4210893409965047808_n.jpg

So you can order off Sideshows site but can only pick up. That blows. That’s a **** tease for everyone who can’t make the con. I wonder if I can order but have someone else pick up for me.

Back