1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scalper on ebay selling them for $499 has eight and sold three already.

Ouch. I don't think so. I'll have my regular version head sculpt painted instead. Surprisingly, SS leaves $ on the table. Unless, of course, they list any leftovers at a higher price after SDCC. Which is probably what will happen.

Well dang. Wonder if any of the other TF figures will be impossible to get as well. But I can live with the regular Anakin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if these will be made available for shipping after the con? I wonder if all the SDCC exclusives are going to be handled this way this year?

Yeah, I agree about the scalpers...I thought we had moved past that phase but apparently we are back to square one, at least unless Sideshow puts these up online after the show.

It seems that Sideshow/Hot Toys may have changed their strategy a bit as of late. Production numbers seem a lot lower and Infinity War hype seems to have caused a lot of very early sell outs leading to high aftermarket prices when collectors panic about missing out(this happened with the original Anakin until they fufilled everybody's waitlists and put him back up for pre-order.) I prefer to forego pre-ordering and wait for the production figure to be in collector's hands before buying, so this has, unfortunately, led me to miss out on a couple of figures I probably would have otherwise purchased.

This situation seems to be under the same umbrella of creating hype. If you're under the impression that you could only pick it up at the con and they end up having a few extra for lucky collectors after the show, it creates more hype and demand during the convention and after for online sales. If you think you can pick this up anytime you want like the Stormtrooper Executioner that was available forever, the sales are going to move a lot more slowly and interest will be a lot lower overall.

I didn't buy the first version so between the two releases, I'd prefer this version of Anakin as Darth Vader.
Odd that Sideshow only allows for Con pick up at the moment.

Wasn’t Ayla Secura one of those exclusive figures? I remember paying and selling her for a pretty penny sone 8 years ago.

Pretty sure there were all those Shanghai exclusive and con pick-up only Iron Man figures in the past that eventually found their way onto SS. I'm gonna guess this will do the same. And this way, SS knows for sure that people won't be lingering on the fence. People gonna be smashing the PO button lol.

Pick-up only definitely takes some of the sting out of HT giving all the best likenesses to PT characters. I don't envy anyone who wants this fig now, lol.

This is Sideshow’s revenge for hot toys making figures better than they do.

To be fair, Hot Toys has had 12 years to improve upon this:lol

2139_press03-001.jpg

Yeesh $30 more for a base, lightsaber effect, and newly painted eyes? I know it’s an exclusive and they tend to milk as much as they can out of those but damn.

No need for this I already picked up the pieces to make an second Anakin and having the eyes painted with Sith eyes like the picture above. More screen accurate than this toy fair exculsive. But glad others are getting a Sith version who wanted it and wasn't able to pick up the parts cheap like I did.

I swear this “Con Exclusive” nonsense really gets me fired up! When I see companies handing great Collectibles to scalpers on a silver platter I actually feel my blood pressure rise.
Fans: “Hey HotToys can we get a Sith Anakin?”
HotToys: “Sure you can, but you’re going to have to take a bath on the secondary market on it. Enjoy your Anakin!”

Has there ever been a time where a toyfair exclusive didn't make it to SSC for shipping? I honestly don't know, but I've always managed to get the ones I want shipped to me from SSC with no problem. Just had to wait a bit longer to order it.

I wouldn't despair just yet... Sideshow in the past has put up the in-person figures then later made the figure available to everyone. It's been many years since any HT or Sideshow exclusive has been show only.

I assume these will be made available to non-attendees... but maybe this time they will try to get more in-person sales by waiting until after the show. And then reap the rewards of buyers in a frenzy to buy them on-line after the con.

I highly doubt they'll sell out at the con... It's not like anyone who want's it can suddenly decide to go. It's a lame tactic IMO.

Back