1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm.. Like others have said, same thing SS did all those years back. But at $60 back then both still only cost you $120, 1/2 what these go for today.

I agree it should have been a single release with dual head sculpts. I have the SS Anakin Ex Premium Format and that was the Ex version back then. The extra sith eyes head sculpt. Exactly what HT should have done here, have the Sith head sculpt an Ex if need be and even maybe $10 - $15 bucks extra. But this is to be expected now a days. But to make this a different figure it should be a different head sculpt, not the same one with yellow eyes. The base is cool, but I prefer simple stands so all the figures look uniform when together. I don't like or use any of the dynamic stands.

So to break it down, the only differences are the eyes painted on the head sculpt, an extra non gloved left hand, the swoosh saber effect, and the base. Longer cloak is secondary as that's not new just perhaps a correction.

Not sure which version I like better. I ordered my Anakin late and am still waiting. Wonder if SS would allow me to switch my NRD over to this one if I desire. But I have a feeling the price will be a good $20 - $30 more due to the big dynamic light up display base and useless extra hand and swoosh effect. I only want one, and think I'd rather stick with the original I have on PO. For some reason I think this particular sculpt looks better with the regular eyes. And hopefully there will be a KO head with the sith eyes I can just pick up.

Maybe they just aren't that huge dark side users like Siths, so corruption isn't visible.
Or it works completely different. In Knights of the Eternal Throne cgi intro person had blue eyes, when become angry with intention to kill his own father his eyes turned yellow, then he killed his brother and with regret his eyes turned normal again :dunno

Maybe Snoke wasn't a Sith...

That's really funny that HT is doing the exact same incorrect variant that SSC did in 2006. I say "incorrect" since he never had Sith eyes with the lava droid but both SSC and HT have offered the same combo.

Looks great. Have the regular. It would be nice to have the additional head but not worth picking up another figure for. Congrats to all who are getting it.

Definitely grabbing this. Should Anakin have been a DX? Absolutely, but I’d rather have two figures to pose anyway. It’ll be the same with Jedi Luke in Endor gear. Only thing that annoys me is this being available at SDCC first if that’s true; would hate to miss out when my collection is pretty much focused on Star Wars. If anyone’s going and wants to do a fellow freak a solid, let me know :)

yawn-2767392.png

I go back and forth on whether I like the concept of "Sith eyes." On the one hand I find it silly and obvious and inconsistent (not to mention overdone now that we've had 10 X-Men movies with Mystique flashing yellow eyes every time she does something mischievous) and on another I just think it looks cool in a vintage "Laserblast" kind of way. :)

91TXM2OFdDL._SY445_.jpg

In theory, I shouldn't mind this too much because I tend to like displaying figure variations on new bodies (I.e. Star lord) as opposed to periodically having to change up the whole figure. If it's not too expensive I might go for this.

Well, you’re going to see two reactions from the “Sith eyes” crowd: elated, because this is the version they want, or pissed, because this is the version they wanted.

For those who already have the regular version though, I still wouldn’t be surprised if OSK offers a bootleg Sith eyes sculpt, an exact copy of this sculpt, at about $30.

I go back and forth on whether I like the concept of "Sith eyes." On the one hand I find it silly and obvious and inconsistent (not to mention overdone now that we've had 10 X-Men movies with Mystique flashing yellow eyes every time she does something mischievous) and on another I just think it looks cool in a vintage "Laserblast" kind of way. :)

91TXM2OFdDL._SY445_.jpg

Yeah I know the Sith eyes are really popular with people, but for me they're just a bit too cheesy, and I actually prefer the look of the regular figure. Since he already looks sinister enough as is.

Yeah I know the Sith eyes are really popular with people, but for me they're just a bit too cheesy, and I actually prefer the look of the regular figure.

My sentiments as well. I think the only time he had “Sith eyes” were a couple of scenes with the cloak and hood on, if I recall correctly.

He never really had them during the Mustafar duel with Kenobi.

Yeah I know the Sith eyes are really popular with people, but for me they're just a bit too cheesy, and I actually prefer the look of the regular figure.

I think it was just one more cool and unique aspect of the OT (Emperor's creepy eyes) that George had to run with in the PT and say that ALL Sith had (like the first name "Darth" and red lightsabers.)

OT: Emperor was a nasty looking dude with yellow eyes, Darth was Vader's first name, lightsabers were "a Jedi's weapon."

PT: All Sith's eyes turn yellow, "Darth" is a title, and lightsabers are used by Jedi *and* Sith.

The dumb Sith Eyes only seemingly appear for dramatic effect too, they don't even coincide with actually using the Dark Side of the Force as evidenced by Dooku wielding the lightning.

Going by the MMS numbers there should be 3 more exclusives.

Perhaps... There is currently 5 missing figure numbers. MMS485 (this MMS486), then MMS487-489. That's 4 in order. Then there is the elusive missing MMS368 from way back. No figure was ever announced or released with that number. Strange.

Wonder if MMS368 was an oversight by HT or a planned figure that got cancelled? :dunno

I think it was just one more cool and unique aspect of the OT (Emperor's creepy eyes) that George had to run with in the PT and say that ALL Sith had (like the first name "Darth" and red lightsabers.)

OT: Emperor was a nasty looking dude with yellow eyes, Darth was Vader's first name, lightsabers were "a Jedi's weapon."

PT: All Sith's eyes turn yellow, "Darth" is a title, and lightsabers are used by Jedi *and* Sith.

The dumb Sith Eyes only seemingly appear for dramatic effect too, they don't even coincide with actually using the Dark Side of the Force as evidenced by Dooku wielding the lightning.

Man after you put it that way, siff eyes really are stoopid

This version should come as ZERO surprise. Yes, alternate head should have been included with version one. Passed on the standard. Will get this one for sure.

It doesn’t at all. However, I am surprised they didn’t include it in an EX twin pack with a BD Kenobi. And I’m surprised they didn’t dirty up the outfit a bit more on this one as well.

So whats the deal with the “Sith” eyes in the movie? It was never explained.

Why does Snoke have bright blue eyes? Why does Kylo’s eyes remain the same. I would imagine in his mood swings his eyes must switch back and fourth often.

The Sith eyes are an involuntary physical reaction to when a Sith pulls power from deep within the dark side. Only a powerful Sith will experience their eyes changing during the most intense moments of utilizing the deepest draw of power from within dark side.

- Anakin on Mustafar after slaughtering all the seperatists, then they turn back when he sees Padme. Then they turn yellow again after ObiWan strikes him down and he fills with rage while pulling from the dark side to stay alive.
- Palpatine after killing Mace and pledging Anakin to the dark side.

In regards to Dooku, remember that he was a Jedi trained by Yoda before he turned and no where near as powerful as Anakin. While Dooku became corrupted by the dark side, he never was fully embraced by it. This would leave him no where near pulling the level of power that we saw from Anakin or even the Emperor.

Hope that helps.

But in short, the Sith eyes are Star Wars canon and not something that was just made up for a few scenes.

By the way, Snoke and Kylo are not Sith.

Back