1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie had such great potential but was rushed. I seriously dont understand how it has a 91% on rotten tomatoes with all the flaws it has. I do recommend seeing it in IMAX 3D as the special effects were amazing! Id give it a c+, still on the fence about the figure.

I don't feel that anything was rushed, the pacing was about right throughout the movie.

So what's your concern about the movie?

Just came from the movie. Really enjoyed it. It actually felt it was in a universe of its own. Most def keeping that po[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was never big on dr strange in the comics, BUT I went into the movie expecting to def enjoy it (it's the marvel cinematic universe continuing after all!), but didn't think it would make me want to buy the figure...

I def want this figure now :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This movie had such great potential but was rushed. I seriously dont understand how it has a 91% on rotten tomatoes with all the flaws it has. I do recommend seeing it in IMAX 3D as the special effects were amazing! Id give it a c+, still on the fence about the figure.

Huh. I actually felt the opposite in regards to the pacing. What do you think the flaws were?

*For spoiler tags---> [ spoiler ] what ever you wanna say [ /spoiler ] Just remove the spaces.

I was hoping I wasn't the only person loving the Doctor Strange comic. It has been my first read every time it comes out.

Huge fan here - he was one of, if not THE first superheroes I read in 1979 when I was about 8 or 9. I started with a paperback (actually paperback sized in those days that reprinted the Ditko run - I still have the original (rather beat up) copy:

c3b4887a869cc69358bcf81bacda4e4e.jpeg

(Funny that it was Volume 2 - but of course you could more easily jump into comics back then...)

The top of one of my display cases is a bit of a Doctor Strange Shrine:

eb4f0f014ac423305a3c6650d467f33f.jpeg

Anyway, absolutely loved the movie - was fun, plenty of homages, great actors, plenty of action, good character beats, etc. Tilda Swindon may have been the best I've ever seen here.

I had about 2 quibbles for the movie that bothered me - one was too much like Parallax from the Green Lantern movie, the other was that Marvel had a good opportunity to play with their standard mentor formula in a less predictable way and didn't.

My wife, who isn't a superhero fan but still tends to enjoy the movies also loved this one (even though the trailers left her a little cold - kind of the opposite of the DC trailers I guess?).

I had PO'd the figure as soon as it was announced due to my love of the character, but now I REALLY can't wait for him.

What an amazing time to be a comic book fan!

Huh. I actually felt the opposite in regards to the pacing. What do you think the flaws were?

*For spoiler tags---> [ spoiler ] what ever you wanna say [ /spoiler ] Just remove the spaces.

Spoiler Spoiler:

To the folks who have already seen Doctor Strange. Out curiosity, did they play the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 teaser trailer that's floating out there before the movie?

They did at mine - was the final trailer before the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

While the movie didn't make me feel as though I need this figure, you can't deny the overall quality of it. For that reason alone, if the retail release looks as good as the previews, Strange will be in the collection for sure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great well written explanation of everything :goodpost:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great well written explanation of everything :goodpost:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thank you! And good point :clap

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed :goodpost:

Ah mkay, interesting. The only thing I know about God of Thunder is the whole God Butcher thing. Don't know what he's about exactly but he's there. And the whole younger and older Thor being there. Would you say the whole God Butcher thing is like how someone is murdering mystical people and books in Doctor Strange?

Yeah, the God Butcher was a guy from an alien planet where resources were scarce and everyone was starving. They prayed to their gods and were ignored, and he assumes that the gods never actually existed. Eventually his family died of starvation and most of the people in his tribe did too. Then one day the body of a god fell from the sky, along with a weapon of enormous power, a sword that is powered by the blood of dead gods (i.e., Stormbringer from Elric essentially.) Outraged that the gods did exist but just never bothered to help them he decides to go out and kill every god in the universe with his super-powerful Elric sword, and becomes the God Butcher. I read it and then I read the first half dozen issues of Aaron's run on Doctor Strange and I was amazed at the disdain Aaron must have for his audience to simply tell the exact same story twice, with merely cosmetic alterations, within only a few years of each other.

Back