1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge fan here - he was one of, if not THE first superheroes I read in 1979 when I was about 8 or 9. I started with a paperback (actually paperback sized in those days that reprinted the Ditko run - I still have the original (rather beat up) copy:

(Funny that it was Volume 2 - but of course you could more easily jump into comics back then...)

Anyway, absolutely loved the movie - was fun, plenty of homages, great actors, plenty of action, good character beats, etc. Tilda Swindon may have been the best I've ever seen here.

I had about 2 quibbles for the movie that bothered me - one was too much like Parallax from the Green Lantern movie, the other was that Marvel had a good opportunity to play with their standard mentor formula in a less predictable way and didn't.

My wife, who isn't a superhero fan but still tends to enjoy the movies also loved this one (even though the trailers left her a little cold - kind of the opposite of the DC trailers I guess?).

I had PO'd the figure as soon as it was announced due to my love of the character, but now I REALLY can't wait for him.

What an amazing time to be a comic book fan!

Love your collection:clap Funny, I was thinking going home from DS what an amazing time it is to be more or less a NEWBIE comic book fan. Joe Russo said something about attracting new comic book fans with these films - yep. I mean, in the U.S. at least major comic book figures are part of culture but it's the Marvel film treatment that has me digging deeper and you read and learn and it's - it's all AMAZING - art, story arcs.

If I'd been told a few years ago I'd be falling over myself to get to a movie whose main character is named "Dr. Strange" I would probably have said something like "I don't do B-movie cult film festivals". Or something.:lol

I can't wait to get the DS Blue-Ray into the collection. And there are preview images of a life-size Ancient One figure https://lylesmoviefiles.com/2016/10/15/hot-toys-teases-ancient-one-figure/ which I will def. pick up to go with DS. Loved the Ancient One's mysterious hooded look in the film and love the actress.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I get what you're sayin and agree on Kaecilius as well as some of your other points. :dance

Well I may have to pick this one up, great film and great character. Hope the final lives up to the proto cause it looks damn nice already. They are really getting good with clothing, that is really putting the figure over the top along with the great HS. Would be a nice one to add to the shelf!

And for anyone not seen the movie yet, I normally hate 3D and avoid it conspicuously, but after James Gunn and Patton Oswalt both recommended it I went for the 3D showing and it works very well. Its well done enough to not be distracting or annoying at all and it really adds to the trippy battle scenes.

I am not a comics guru, but I am enjoying Marvel bringing a lot of "lesser known" (at least to the general public) characters into the broader cultural scene with Strange and the Guardians, Ant Man, Vision, etc (hell even Iron Man- I still remember the conversation before the first film came out, wondering why they were stooped to bringing such a low tier superhero to the screen- and now look where we are). Wish DC would get on with that and get over beating the here's Batman and Superman drum again and again and again, its nice to see new things.

Also

Spoiler Spoiler:

and minor observation

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Just saw the movie and it was awesome!

As soon as I got out of the theater, I checked if one of my $20 codes worked on the figure and it did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually really happy they added the green effects now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back