1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 1 Hot Toys figure which is Vision from AoU and I have Knightmare Batman on PO. It's so hard to try and gather a team Hot Toys collection like trying to get every Hot Toys character from Justice League which people will do when that comes out. Or trying to get the full Avengers team or GoTG squad or even if they do make every character for Suicide Squad because it's so expensive! I'm perfectly fine with picking and choosing which character and or version I liked in that specific movie and that's why I have Knightmare Batman PO. I have no intentions of collecting Hot Toys figure from no other franchise but the MCU and DCEU. I keep telling myself to take one figure at a time but man If there is a moment with Black Tux Joker and Harley in SS I gotta get both!

Does the Joker show up in SS wearing a black tux?!! OMG I hope not, that sounds interesting.

DON'T buy every figure you like. That way lies madness.

Buy the cream of the crop, the ones that you simply cannot live without. They're pretty much all cool. You have to buy the ones you have the most personal connection to. If they're visually dazzling, so much the better.

This is very true. 90% of this stuff doesn't sell out anymore. The days of split second decisions are gone. That's why I ended up with Knightmare Bats. I liked him, but didn't plan on getting him in the end. I really thought he would waitlist immediately. Good choice in the end, I definitely want him now. But the point is, you have time to ponder on it. You can sit a week or two or more most of the time and determine if your fascination remains. Is that interest still there two weeks later? If yes, you likely have a winner. I'm doing that right now with the QMX Spock, and I think he's as cool now as he was when pictures showed up; I'll likely buy him.

Wise words my friend.

It's funny how swept away you can get when collecting.
Definitely a good idea to limit yourself, especially considering how expensive these figures are getting...
:gah:

Buy the cream of the crop, the ones that you simply cannot live without. They're pretty much all cool. You have to buy the ones you have the most personal connection to. If they're visually dazzling, so much the better.

This is why I am not buying SSquad Harley, altho she is cool.

Strange looks amazing, and as with all HT figs I buy, the sculpt is as if HT hit the actor with a shrink ray. I'm not even a fan of B.C's, but this figure has too much mana to pass up. Day #1 preorder.

Agree on all points...I had to stop myself from ordering the Sub-Zero Mk7, its a cool :wink1: idea but really I just wanted it to accompany my Stealth Mk7.

But this Dr. Strange is another story, its a PO on day 1 for me too...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Take my money, please...

Wise words my friend.

It's funny how swept away you can get when collecting.
Definitely a good idea to limit yourself, especially considering how expensive these figures are getting...
:gah:

I have a feeling Dr. Strange is going to be pushing the $300 mark. I really hope I'm wrong.

Well, the more expensive these figures get, the pickier and more demanding the fans will be.

I remember when Blade v1.0 came out, I wanted him so much but told myself, "That's $150....." lawl 150.....

I have a feeling Dr. Strange is going to be pushing the $300 mark. I really hope I'm wrong.

Well, the more expensive these figures get, the pickier and more demanding the fans will be.

I remember when Blade v1.0 came out, I wanted him so much but told myself, "That's $150....." lawl 150.....

I hope your wrong too. :lol. Those days are long gone.

Never been a Strange fan, probably cause I don't know a whole lot about the character; hope the movie gets me up to speed. Regardless, the figure is a must!

Cannot wait for the movie or the figure. Been a fan since about 1977 or so when I read one of the old "Pocket" paperback books and he's been one of my favorites ever since.

Back