1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the movies good, because the figure looks phenomenal. I read the 2004 Strange comic awhile back and thought it seemed pretty good but didn't turn me into a diehard fan, but I saw the trailer for the movie and it looks like it could be pretty cool.

Please for the love of all things wonderful no light up gimmicks.

I always wonder how people find time to go into their cabinets to turn on lights for these figures. I have a hard time bothering with putting in the batteries for a new figure to make sure its working. I then take them out forever. There is no way I would be interested in spending the time putting the batteries in several figures then every time I want to see the light up features and actually picking the figures up and pushing the buttons. Not worth the effort to me.

Hey man, don't let the possibility of an assy film get you down. Just look at the Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman threads.:rotfl

Very true. Despite the film, that Harley prototype is one of the best that I have seen; Yellowjacket may not have been my favorite MCU villain but his figure looks flat out epic.

The movie reminded me of Inception but in the Marvel Universe. I wonder if the creative team from the Inception movie had a hand in the visual effects.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From Facebook :)
8dbe5a53293ec058be7d5a52903b4659.jpg
9a4b7a653a45a5a6683a5f8ab36cb52e.jpg
2ea1ef0cdcadd41493499e2482cb5791.jpg
461240f694a08b19216d9bd0d54df4d6.jpg
b0ed1ae9340a9e13b0496f225e415511.jpg
e0cfcf35a0addeabbe2b8b7a971d580e.jpg
12f9af1585ac659978b83a5609bba4cf.jpg
03cbb48463fcc500e691e1ef0d31c616.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks really good.

I always wonder how people find time to go into their cabinets to turn on lights for these figures. I have a hard time bothering with putting in the batteries for a new figure to make sure its working. I then take them out forever. There is no way I would be interested in spending the time putting the batteries in several figures then every time I want to see the light up features and actually picking the figures up and pushing the buttons. Not worth the effort to me.

Agreed. As much as I like the light up feature in the Iron Man figures, I barely ever turn them on. So I'm sure the batteries would leak before I ever got a good use out of them (not to mention they are low quality and would probably leak anyways). I was glad when HT started including the batteries outside the figures.

Agreed. As much as I like the light up feature in the Iron Man figures, I barely ever turn them on. So I'm sure the batteries would leak before I ever got a good use out of them (not to mention they are low quality and would probably leak anyways). I was glad when HT started including the batteries outside the figures.

I haven't even tested them... :dunno

3 Iron Men, including a quarter scale, and I don't know if the lighting even works. Tested the Police Shootout Terminator, as it was the first figure I bought..

:exactly: I've never used any of the light-up features on any of my figures, as soon I get the figures, any batteries are removed. Not worth the effort to me either!

Seconded.

I feel like we agree with one another every time we cross paths on the forums haha

:exactly: I've never used any of the light-up features on any of my figures, as soon I get the figures, any batteries are removed. Not worth the effort to me either!

I always feel like I'm in the minority about light up things, seem like I might be wrong!

I'm 10x more interested in keeping the pose I came up with than screwing it up while trying to flip 6 or 7 switches on an Iron Man armor. Especially considering it's for 5 minutes of "oh that's neat". My 43 never has had the batteries installed, and I've taken them out of all my other figures with them (even though I really liked Star Lord's). All that being said I think the light up features are more a thing for photographers than display. And I guess that's fair.

If you asked me, I would rather see HT work on developing/integrating reflective or light catching materials so things can flow or shimmer without the need for batteries.

I feel like we agree with one another every time we cross paths on the forums haha

I always feel like I'm in the minority about light up things, seem like I might be wrong!

I'm 10x more interested in keeping the pose I came up with than screwing it up while trying to flip 6 or 7 switches on an Iron Man armor. Especially considering it's for 5 minutes of "oh that's neat". My 43 never has had the batteries installed, and I've taken them out of all my other figures with them (even though I really liked Star Lord's). All that being said I think the light up features are more a thing for photographers than display. And I guess that's fair.

If you asked me, I would rather see HT work on developing/integrating reflective or light catching materials so things can flow or shimmer without the need for batteries.
I'd personally like to see HT or Sideshow make there own branded version of a power hub like Soap Studio's Soap reactor. Something with wires designed to be hidden. Maybe the figures are built with contacts inside/between the joints to have them with built in circuits. Wishful thinking of course. I'm good with the soap Reactor in the end, but they're all sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I'd personally like to see HT or Sideshow make there own branded version of a power hub like Soap Studio's Soap reactor. Something with wires designed to be hidden. Maybe the figures are built with contacts inside/between the joints to have them with built in circuits. Wishful thinking of course. I'm good with the soap Reactor in the end, but they're all sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I'm actually surprised that HT has not release their own by now. Seems like they could sell a bunch of these very easily.

So when do we think Hot Toys will officially reveal this? Before or after the movie release?

Seeing as the release date isn't that far off now, we might see a pre-order in the next couple of weeks I would think - I hope so anyway!!! :pray: :pray:

For sure my most anticipated announcement for this quarter -- cant wait!!! This guy looks like he might be HT's finests soft-goods figure so far -- so much detail!

Back