1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried. It didn't work. The neck post from the XLV needs to be taken off then you can attach the head (has to have a neck and OSK collar).

I see, thanks. I'll order a OSK battle-damaged head sculpt with neck from eBay then!

Don't really like the gaps on the shoulders. Is there a way to hide those hideous gaps when posing it? Only thing holding me back from ordering this.

Don't really like the gaps on the shoulders. Is there a way to hide those hideous gaps when posing it? Only thing holding me back from ordering this.

They're not as offending in person as long as you're aware of it and make sure to push the shoulder barrel in as far as possible. Dynamic poses pretty much put you at the mercy of the position you're going for, but if you're a museum or a dynamically relaxed type of poser, you can do a pretty good job of hiding it.

This is coming from someone who hates shoulder gaps.

That's why I sold the 1/6 for the ¼ scale.
05d5960f492cfba3f912bab598e93df8.jpg

I like the changes they made on the shoulder pads on wm mk1,& 1/4 mk 43. They made it articulated so you can hide gaps. I hope it becomes the norm for the incoming figures. $50 off is really tempting but I think I'll just wait for the 46. Still got the HB & mark 6 on PO but I'm itching to get another figure. Gotta restraint myself.

And design preference also comes into play. I had to do that when I decided to purchase the 43 over this 45 and than in the future the 6 also over the 45. 45 and 46 are amazing figures and designs, but not my preference.
And when it comes to build...I don't know. I know I'll never put my figures in a ground pound pose or overly dynamic. I like them standing and looking strong...so some of the new mechanics are null for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't pose my Iron Man figures in any dynamic poses, but I like having the option to do that kind of posing as a result in the improved engineering with each release. There are only a handful of Iron Man armors which will be regarded as classic in design for years to come, - I don't know which ones I would choose as classics, but definitely the Mark III, Mark VI and Mark VII.

Actually, I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday about this, as I kinda felt the Mark 46 might outdo this suit when it gets released. During the conversation, he mentioned that Hot Toys maybe reverting to the old gold finish, and that the Mark 45 might be the only one with this sort of unique sheen. Is there any truth to this, or is it just a guess?

Not sure myself, but I know what you mean about the gold on this release. The 45 is one of my current favorites just all the way around. Looking forward to the VI and 46.

I had the 43 and sold it. Just want special enough and the 42 was already the same design with the gorgeous gold.

I bought the 45 for sure because...well..look at my signature.

I have the 6 on PO to pair with WM MkI and will eventually get 46 to pair with WM MkIII.

They're all fantastic armors.

If they update the 3, I'll definitely buy that one too.

I don't do HPP armors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree the 43 was exciting upon initial release, but it has lost some of its appeal. For me, this is due to it being basically a repaint of the Mark 42 with a few improvements in engineering. With the release of the QS Mark 43 and to those who own it, myself included, the 1/4 scale is better proportioned and the red paint has more of an earth-toned look which adds to the realism. I still like my 1/6 Mark 43, but I'll also be keeping it for the Hulkbuster.

Good on ya for not being sucked into the HPP armors. I have liked every single one of them (some more than others), and I plan to keep on collecting some of the more unique HPP armors. It gets expensive, but they are spaced out enough between releases to make payment options doable. That said, I do understand the more selective choices among Iron Man collectors. Space is always as issue as well as figure preferences.

I passed up on the 1/6 Mark 43 in favour of the 45, but I hope the 1/4 NECA 43 will scratch my itch.

That neck! Has anyone got any comparision pics showing the 1/6 next to the 1/4? I'm pretty sure the neck isn't that bad on the 1/6.

Actually, that's just posing. The neck has a great range for looking up in flight pose. That's why it looks long in this picture. Here is is looking more normal:
86bf132d125e88a71da05105863d5a58.png

I love this figure i have almost all 1/6th scale Iron Man figure and gotta say this is one if my favourite armor. Took a quick pic when i got it pardon the not so perfect shoulder gap forgot to push it in

image.jpg

I love this figure i have almost all 1/6th scale Iron Man figure and gotta say this is one if my favourite armor. Took a quick pic when i got it pardon the not so perfect shoulder gap forgot to push it in

View attachment 308541
People complain about something so minor (shoulder gap). Next thing you know, people will complain that it's too heavy or that it can't fly. Pathetic really.

Nice pic man. It's one of the best armors out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got this a couple of weeks ago. I have just over 20 different iron man armors now and this is easily the best one so far. When I opened up the package, it just felt like it was a notch above the other ones. Tied with the Starboost (love how that one looks) for my favorite iron man figure.

Sonofa... loving the pics in this thread. They have me considering offloading my Sideshow Gi Joes to snag this guy. Hes just shy of $500 locally.

Back