1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hope he fits relatively in scale with the Civil War Cap....

8320df83e581fada7098643e2fdd5102.png

478aab93bc17e3359e03126c5850c2dc.jpg

Yea I watched a ton of YouTube videos on this figure and it really seemed like this was the definitive Iron Man to get! Just hope he fits relatively in scale with the Civil War Cap....

Yeah, this could very well be the definitive Iron Man in 1/6 scale right now. Problem is Hot Toys is always updating their figures for the better, so what comes next is often an improvement on what came before. My take on that is you have to take the plunge at some point. I waited 5 years before getting my first Iron Man in 2013/2014. I was tired of waiting - now, I have about 20 of these guys.

Yeah, this could very well be the definitive Iron Man in 1/6 scale right now. Problem is Hot Toys is always updating their figures for the better, so what comes next is often an improvement on what came before. My take on that is you have to take the plunge at some point. I waited 5 years before getting my first Iron Man in 2013/2014. I was tired of waiting - now, I have about 20 of these guys.

And design preference also comes into play. I had to do that when I decided to purchase the 43 over this 45 and than in the future the 6 also over the 45. 45 and 46 are amazing figures and designs, but not my preference.
And when it comes to build...I don't know. I know I'll never put my figures in a ground pound pose or overly dynamic. I like them standing and looking strong...so some of the new mechanics are null for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the 43 and sold it. Just want special enough and the 42 was already the same design with the gorgeous gold.

I bought the 45 for sure because...well..look at my signature.

I have the 6 on PO to pair with WM MkI and will eventually get 46 to pair with WM MkIII.

They're all fantastic armors.

If they update the 3, I'll definitely buy that one too.

I don't do HPP armors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got an email from Pop Cultcha that this won't be in until the end of January now. Such a long wait for this one since I secured it during glitch gate. Can't wait for it though!

Got an email from Pop Cultcha that this won't be in until the end of January now. Such a long wait for this one since I secured it during glitch gate. Can't wait for it though!

Popcultcha had another glitch gate this year? Wasn't it something crazy like 40% last year? I remember the Mk43's went by quick.

Popcultcha had another glitch gate this year? Wasn't it something crazy like 40% last year? I remember the Mk43's went by quick.

No this was glitch gate last year. That's how long I've been waiting for this thing!

I had the 43 and sold it. Just want special enough and the 42 was already the same design with the gorgeous gold.

I bought the 45 for sure because...well..look at my signature.

I have the 6 on PO to pair with WM MkI and will eventually get 46 to pair with WM MkIII.

They're all fantastic armors.

If they update the 3, I'll definitely buy that one too.

I don't do HPP armors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ditto on the HPP, they didn't get enough screen time for me to care about them. I limit myself to just the main suits (Mark I-VII, XLII, XLV, etc.) While XLIII was cool, it was just too similar to the XLII for me. If I do get the HB, the XLIII bust in there will suffice for me.

The XLVI I'm in for sure to pose along with a CW Cap, and those are the only figures I plan to get from CW.

Actually, I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday about this, as I kinda felt the Mark 46 might outdo this suit when it gets released. During the conversation, he mentioned that Hot Toys maybe reverting to the old gold finish, and that the Mark 45 might be the only one with this sort of unique sheen. Is there any truth to this, or is it just a guess?

Actually, I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday about this, as I kinda felt the Mark 46 might outdo this suit when it gets released. During the conversation, he mentioned that Hot Toys maybe reverting to the old gold finish, and that the Mark 45 might be the only one with this sort of unique sheen. Is there any truth to this, or is it just a guess?

I wouldn't call it reverting back, it's just working with how the armor appeared on screen. The Mk45 is the only "main" armor to have that unique paint job IIRC.

Here's my review of the ¼ scale mark 45. I also had the 1/6 die cast version from this thread, but I really like the QS006 better in sculpt, especially the shoulders and face plate. More detail. Just more impressive. If you haven't decided yet, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. A great center piece in any Iron Man collection.

Holy crap that's a long time :thud:

You're telling me. I guess it's nice it's already all paid for so when I get it, it will almost feel like a present to myself or something.

I wouldn't call it reverting back, it's just working with how the armor appeared on screen. The Mk45 is the only "main" armor to have that unique paint job IIRC.

Yeah, the 45 gold was definitely unique looking in the movie.. The gold of the 46 is back to the more standard look.

Hey guys, does anyone know if this "neckness" head sculpt will work without taking off the neck post?

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=771&search=Neckness

There's a photo in there of the sculpt placed directly on the neck post, and the socket looks about the same size as the stock helmet's.

I tried. It didn't work. The neck post from the XLV needs to be taken off then you can attach the head (has to have a neck and OSK collar).

Haha I'm kinda afraid of that! I like Iron Man but he really isn't one of my favorite characters but from all the images and videos I've watched on these Diecast IMs I'm afraid this mark 45 will blow me away and I'll more than likely get the Mark 46 as well. It seems the Mark 46 will be amazing as well especially with the LED's I'm not doubting that at all. I just like the Chest and leg designs as well as the brighter red of the 45 over the 46. Plus I really want the damaged chest plate for my civil war display. But I'm sure this figure will go beyond all my expectations and I'll be hooked.

Back