1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I do appreciate the helmeted look. I wanted to go for the Head with the headset for Starboost. But we will see.

I find the head sculpt works extremely well for the Mark 3 Diecast figure. When I look at it I can see Robert Downey Junior being inside the suit, proportionally. If I had the head exposed for, say, the 43, it looks amazing of course...but I don't see that this is the actor in their, his proportions or height. It looks a bit long and tall, RDJ is 5"9.
But that's just me. Nice to have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do appreciate the helmeted look. I wanted to go for the Head with the headset for Starboost. But we will see.

I find the head sculpt works extremely well for the Mark 3 Diecast figure. When I look at it I can see Robert Downey Junior being inside the suit, proportionally. If I had the head exposed for, say, the 43, it looks amazing of course...but I don't see that this is the actor in their, his proportions or height. It looks a bit long and tall, RDJ is 5"9.
But that's just me. Nice to have options.

He is 5'9", but in the movies he wears gene Simmons shoes and walks on a catwalk lol.

Finally had a chance to break this figure out the box after months. Just a quick pose 20161019_195945.jpg20161019_195914.jpg

The figure did come with a new "Diecast-specific" flight pole? I think one of the keys to this is that there is a longer screw.

Has anyone had any problems with the figure being in a flight pose? As long as it is properly balanced I would assume it would be fine.

Mine has been in various clamp poses (almost exclusively) since day one with zero issues. The trick is to put the clamp at a slight angle and off to the side -- I find this makes it feel safely secure.

I usually have him clamped, but standing.

For me, his suit is just a little too sleek, so the clamp doesn't catch on the upper body.

When I display the 45 in the air, I use the pole with the peacemaker crotch support piece under the clamp. That way the pressure is more between the legs, and the clamp keeps it from tilting.

Right now I have my 42 using that system.

I sort of wish they'd come up with a specific flight pose clamp. Something that'll ease my nerves a little more than tilting the figure or using my system.

When did this start shipping in the U.S. ? I have one on pre-order through a seller and haven't heard anything. I just happened to see today that it is buy now on SCC.

I really love the ankle joints on this figure.. They're a major improvement from previous armors. (That also has to do with the armor design itself)

When did this start shipping in the U.S. ? I have one on pre-order through a seller and haven't heard anything. I just happened to see today that it is buy now on SCC.

Mine shipped on like July 10th or so.

Just got this guy in (my 1st hot toy btw) For those with the figure, i cannot for the life of me unscrew the plates to place the batteries in the forearms for the hand lights...any tips for a newbie??

It's been a while since I unboxed mine but I used a small screwdriver from a set like the eye glass ones or a small set from the hardware store also make sure you are unscrewing it the right way. Not sure what time zone you are in but its 2am here never inbox at 2 am.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Just got this guy in (my 1st hot toy btw) For those with the figure, i cannot for the life of me unscrew the plates to place the batteries in the forearms for the hand lights...any tips for a newbie??

Do You mean the plates before you get to the battery covers right? Or the actual battery covers with the small slot?

Do You mean the plates before you get to the battery covers right? Or the actual battery covers with the small slot?

You remove the armor pieces shown in the instructions, then you'll see a switch and the screwed in battery cover.

Make sure you have a properly sizes screwdriver, apply a little pressure to the screw so that it doesn't damage the screw. It'll come out most of the way, and most of the time you can take the cover off while the screw is still attached by a thread.

And make sure you put the smaller batteries in the arms.

You best bet is to thoroughly read the instructions.. Unlike directions for something like a main line transformer.. These are quite informative and important.

As TimothyR said, makes sure the screwdriver is the right fit. I had issues with the screwdriver my Mk45 came with. I ended up using the one that came with my AoU WM and it made a world of difference. I don't know if "cheap" is the proper word to describe the HT included screwdriver, but judging by the difference between my Mk45 and AoU WM screwdrivers, they can be inconsistent.

You remove the armor pieces shown in the instructions, then you'll see a switch and the screwed in battery cover.

Make sure you have a properly sizes screwdriver, apply a little pressure to the screw so that it doesn't damage the screw. It'll come out most of the way, and most of the time you can take the cover off while the screw is still attached by a thread.

And make sure you put the smaller batteries in the arms.

You best bet is to thoroughly read the instructions.. Unlike directions for something like a main line transformer.. These are quite informative and important.

I think you meant to relpy to swaggerbot3000. I was just trying to clarify what he was talking about. i agree about the intructions becuase this isn't a $20 toy

As TimothyR said, makes sure the screwdriver is the right fit. I had issues with the screwdriver my Mk45 came with. I ended up using the one that came with my AoU WM and it made a world of difference. I don't know if "cheap" is the proper word to describe the HT included screwdriver, but judging by the difference between my Mk45 and AoU WM screwdrivers, they can be inconsistent.

I agree, I got these... A long time ago..

image_zpsi7fmpmkq.jpg

They work really well, are comfortable, and are magnetic. They're pretty cheap too, like $6-$7 at Walmart or target.

I think you meant to relpy to swaggerbot3000. I was just trying to clarify what he was talking about. i agree about the intructions becuase this isn't a $20 toy

You are correct.

I love how this figure turned out . Very solidly made, have a nice weight to it, very sturdy, so easy to pose no clunky joints and the paint job is top notch. She is a beauty and becoming one of my favourite armour to date

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back