1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally have my 45 in a hovering pose. At first the clamp just wouldn't work because of how seamless the torso is. So, I grabbed the crotch piece from the peacemaker stand and put it under the clamp on the pole. And viola. 45 hovering.

The 1/4 scale is soooo nice though... My holy grail iron man figure. The details are simply insane in person.
1/4 always beats 1/6 for details and just overall awesomeness but not in terms of choice, that's mainly why I collect 1/6, I like buying something other than Iron Man :p

The only 1/4 scale figure I'll get is if hot toys gives us Tony's final armor. I'm really excited to see what it'll look like.

The 1/4 scale is soooo nice though... My holy grail iron man figure. The details are simply insane in person.

The 43 could never be a holy grail figure for me, no matter the detail. It's probably my least favourite design so far.

The 43 could never be a holy grail figure for me, no matter the detail. It's probably my least favourite design so far.

Man I totally agree with you.

I really like the 42 but mostly because I liked the unique color layout. But with the 43 just being a more standardized version of the 42, it just doesn't capture my interest.

That isn't to say that I think it's ugly or that I don't understand why people like it because I do.. It's just not for me.

The MK 43 suit is definitely a piece I'm excited about getting. I always loved the industrial, complex, detailed design of the 42...but just didn't enjoy the overly gold gold color scheme. The 43 I had my eye on for a loonnnnngggg time and only recently decided to purchase it at a good price ($280 US shipped).

That suit will be my "advanced" suit...I'm not
Really liking the way Iron Man is trending suit wise in Phase 3. I respect the quality and can see that they are awesome designs...I simply prefer a more robotic look to Iron Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider one looking more robotic than the other. To my eyes they all look fairly similar with slightly different aesthetics.

I don't consider one looking more robotic than the other. To my eyes they all look fairly similar with slightly different aesthetics.

No of course I wouldn't expect another to see it the way I do. But I always respect other people's opinions and I can see where you are coming from...that in the end it is all Iron Man and we would know that as soon as we laid eyes on it, no matter what. Iron Man has a certain look that changes slightly from suit to suit.

I personally just find that the 45 takes quite a big leap from the 43. Mostly in that it has a very sleek, organic look where past suits were a bit more geometric, a bit more segmented (which I find looks more robotic). You had more individual looking parts (gauntlets...thigh plating...chest piece)..the older suits you could see the different sections from the different look of the armour...with the 45 is much better blended together and has a consistent look throughout.

And I'm not bashing the 45. It is an AMAZING design and from reviews an even more AMAZING figure. I think the consensus is that this is the BEST Iron Man to date. I just really like that segmented, geometric look and in my opinion the height of that phase of Iron Man suits is the Mark 43.

Using the BV base for the MK43. It looks not bad at all:

28967906754_02488f3c58_z.jpg

the more I visit this thread, the more I think I want the 45!

only problem is, I only have room for 1 armor from AoU, & I like the mark 43 I have already as well...I just can't pick a favorite!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gah! Loving all of the new photos! One more payment left on my self-imposed layaway schedule. :impatient: Really looking forward to having this guy in hand, if it's anything like the photos on here it'll be an amazing figure, and everyone seems to think it's even better in hand.

Terribly I really couldn't decide if I preferred this model or the 46 - for all that the 46 is probably the closest we're going to get to the Bleeding Edge armour, the muted colour scheme is a bit of a minus in my book, so I've got an extremely drawn out layaway going on for the 46 too... :slap

(Though I'm not entirely sure I'll like it if the trend for loosely copying the most recent comic armour continues, still not sure I like the current transforming armour all that much, though it is growing on me. I do wonder how they'd do the pointy visor)

Fantastic looking Iron Man figures :clap The base looks great with the Mk43

Now I'm sad for selling my Mk43 and passing on the 45 for BV Cap :lol

Back