1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? Selling the 45 already? You crazy?

As mad as it sounds yes... Kinda fallen out of love with it, I ordered the Mark 6 which is my overall favourite version and I think the Mark 46 is too similar and I like that one a little more (especially with the Stark head). I have only just got this guy from my local retailer this week though so I haven't decided yet... Trying to wait till the walk in retailers have him so I can see it in person before deciding to open the box or not (figuring a sealed figure is worth more than an opened but not displayed one).

Time will tell I suppose.

As mad as it sounds yes... Kinda fallen out of love with it, I ordered the Mark 6 which is my overall favourite version and I think the Mark 46 is too similar and I like that one a little more (especially with the Stark head). I have only just got this guy from my local retailer this week though so I haven't decided yet... Trying to wait till the walk in retailers have him so I can see it in person before deciding to open the box or not (figuring a sealed figure is worth more than an opened but not displayed one).

Time will tell I suppose.

Almost felt like I was reading something I wrote lol. I love my Mk45, but I'm trying to avoid owning a ton of armors so I think it'll be leaving my collection as well for the exact same reasons you listed. The Mk6 is my favorite armor period and the Mk46 slightly edges out the 45 in terms of design, but the fact that it'll include a full headsculpt gives it the edge for me.

Your mind may change though once you see the 45 in person. There are many amazing pictures in this thread, but it's really something in person.

Yeah do not do a flight pose with this guy. It just doesn't work all that well.

I feel a better clamping mechanism is needed in order for that to be a successful posing option.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Almost felt like I was reading something I wrote lol. I love my Mk45, but I'm trying to avoid owning a ton of armors so I think it'll be leaving my collection as well for the exact same reasons you listed. The Mk6 is my favorite armor period and the Mk46 slightly edges out the 45 in terms of design, but the fact that it'll include a full headsculpt gives it the edge for me.

Your mind may change though once you see the 45 in person. There are many amazing pictures in this thread, but it's really something in person.

Pretty much the same as me re 45 v 46... I like the design of the suit and the colour a little more and the display options with the headsculpt outway the optional laser beams (though I do like that you could deploy them without using the beam effects, still hoping they add some weaponry options like they did was WM3.0).

Both are gorgeous models both on film and in figure form from what I have seen of peoples 45's and the promos of the 46 but I am starting to go through a process where my priorities are becoming much more focused between the balance of my varied collection (both different HT lines I want to collect and other none 1/6 stuff) and every day interests/needs.

In an ideal world I would keep it and the next 2 I am buying, plus not only would I not have sold the 2 I currently have on Ebay but I would be keeping my AoU Hawkeye (prefer the CW version) and have added more from the other past films... Space and money dictate that I didn't buy them at the time and others have to go to make room and help to pay for the newer ones.

I love the XLV. I'll get the XLVI as well. It's like choosing between a blonde and brunette for me. Im picking both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love the XLV. I'll get the XLVI as well. It's like choosing between a blonde and brunette for me. Im picking both.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I totally agree.

The more the merrier.

I still absolutely love the 45.. Every time I repose it, I find something new that I really like. Right now, I love the solid gold forearms, they really look great.

It has me even more excited for the 46 and 6.. Just sucks that we have to wait so long.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm just waiting on the diecast Mark V for Iron Man. For some reason it was always my favorite armor.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm just waiting on the diecast Mark V for Iron Man. For some reason it was always my favorite armor.

I sort of doubt it'll happen, but I'd probably pick it up.

While it looks REALLY awesome, it just doesn't do anything special once it's being worn. I always wondered if it had flight capabilities. May have to go back and watch it again to see if that's mentioned at all.

My top diecast want is definitely the 7.. I do like the original, but wow it pales in comparison to the diecast armors and most of the house party figures.

Just got my figure in today. Sideshow had free shipping and a $20 off coupon so I pulled the trigger. Such a looker! My figure had a sideshow exclusive sticker on the box, but as far as I can tell there is no exclusive item?

Sorry for the dim photo, forgot to turn my cabinet lights up.

34f81f08b921986ef1ac1253c060eaa5.jpg

ddf18f51eecb75056ef844b99e7754f2.jpg

f0d8627ff520b4577b0e090cc2021da3.jpg

Just got my figure in today. Sideshow had free shipping and a $20 off coupon so I pulled the trigger. Such a looker! My figure had a sideshow exclusive sticker on the box, but as far as I can tell there is no exclusive item?

Sorry for the dim photo, forgot to turn my cabinet lights up.

34f81f08b921986ef1ac1253c060eaa5.jpg

ddf18f51eecb75056ef844b99e7754f2.jpg

f0d8627ff520b4577b0e090cc2021da3.jpg
Looks fantastic :clap Congrats!

Back