1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Given that they touted this as their 300th release, I'm a little surprised it's not an Exclusive. Still, I PO'd it. Just a gorgeous suit.

If they wildly over-produce this the way they did with the MOS(Which was presumably made in vast quantities to make sure MMS200 didn't sell out too fast), this will still be on sale for Spooktacular in 2016, lol.

For those saying this figure's price is so high unfortunately HT figures' price will not go down anytime soon unless more and more 1/6 scale figure companies come into this market and produce simliar figures that rival HT qualities for now it's HT monopoly market.

We are in time $350 is acceptable for single 1/6 figure :lol

I dont know if money is decrease in value or we already getting accustomed with it

If you had to choose between this and the diecast Mark III, which one would you choose?

9DEA1329-FB65-4989-8FD2-FA14CA2E9EBD_zpsf95rxcug.jpg

My pre-order email from Animarket:
"Thank you for your deposit. Your product Age of Ultron:1/6th scale MARK XLV Collectible Figure is scheduled to be released soon. You will be notified for full payment on release."

The best part is the estimate of release on their virtual website: 2016-06-30

Hi all I don't post much but I have so many thoughts on this figure and I did do my homework by reading through all 36 pages of this thread, plus some of the older thread, so I feel entitled to give my thoughts.

I love this armor, and was anticipating preordering as soon as sideshow put it up, and even more so when I saw that it was die cast, because I like shiny metal things. But as soon as I saw it, I had kind of a sinking feeling, and it had nothing to do with the price.

I went and got my play imaginative die cast mark 7, and set him in front of me while I read through all the posts. In my opinion, the HT die cast line was born only after PI started showing off their figures, even though most of the PI figures were never produced. But it wasn't the die cast that scared HT, it was the superior sculpting. The PI figures were more, sleek, sexy, curvy, and just generally more bad ass looking than HT. I felt more like I was looking at Iron Man, and I would choose that over any amount of accessories, articulation, etc. When I finally got my hands on the PI version, I promptly sold off my toyish looking HT Mark 7. And the Mark 7 sold for $375, whereas I got the PI version for $300 + shipping on clearance from BBTS, which included a very much nicer than HT hall of armor. I was so pulling for PI to make it, and I feel the same way about Comicave.

However, the HT Iron Man figures did improve quite a bit, and I'm very happy with my Mark 42, Die Cast WM, Iron Patriot, and Heartbreaker.

But this one, It's just not right to me. It looks to me like they took a Mark 43 and tried to tweak it into a Mark 45. The most important thing, the sculpt, is just off, and it doesn't read as the sleek, sexy, curvy, and just generally bad ass looking design of the Mark 45. It seems rushed, which is probably pretty accurate given the myriad of complaints in this thread. I will wait and see, but my initial impression was to be very disappointed. I wanted it shinier, darker, sleeker, and totally clean without the paint chips and such.

I love this armor so I will probably shell out the cash if Comicave can produce that beautiful looking 1/4 version, although the eyes look kind of funky to me.

If not maybe that 1/9 King Arts version.
Good post, Sub. I do agree it looks rushed and not all it could be.

Hi everyone. This is my first post but have been following for a number of months. I have around 15 Hot Toys so far.

Seen this one has now been announced I want to try Sideshow Collectables. Is anyone on here from the UK and use sideshow? I am having difficulty calculating shipping costs when trying to pre order this.

Thanks in advance and will look forward to getting involved and shown off some of my collection.

Craig.

I have to admit, it does look a lot better in the new images at the Hot Toys store... If only the price was more reasonable...

Do you guys think it would be possible to put the Mechanic (IM3) head on there?

Hi everyone. This is my first post but have been following for a number of months. I have around 15 Hot Toys so far.

Seen this one has now been announced I want to try Sideshow Collectables. Is anyone on here from the UK and use sideshow? I am having difficulty calculating shipping costs when trying to pre order this.

Thanks in advance and will look forward to getting involved and shown off some of my collection.

Craig.
My guess is that since this isn't out for at least another year, it's probably too early to get a shipping cost.

I'm sure someone else from the UK will have an idea based on things they've ordered previously though.

Welcome to the board!

Craig.
I have ordered a couple of bits from Side Show and are in the UK, postage will likely be $40 (has been for the ones I grabbed) then you have to consider paying an extra 20% plus in customs and import charges.

For some things SS is the best place, but my advice is to hold fire and wait for some of the UK retailers to put their pricing up. You have to wait for a couple of months extra but you often get a better deal... There is no Ex for this so other than the collector created hype over the number (Hot Toys social media haven't brought it up all that much in my opinion just a guessing game with a chance to win an unrelated figure) so it's unlikely to sell out fast giving time to shop around which is what I am doing.

Some real life pics.

Credits: Hot Toys Ironman

Hottoys photography in FB

Last edited:

Hot Toys should include at least one or two official real-life shots in addition to the heavily 'shopped ones.

Those 'shopped pics just never do it for me at all.

my friend went to order this today, so i tagged along, the queue lined up from the 9th floor(secret base is on 20th floor)
it took my friend an hour and a half just to place the order lol

:yess: That looks great. Im super happy that I ordered him!

Back