1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Funny enough those were the two examples I was thinking of, do they sell tickets that far in advance?

Normally, I would buy the ticket also, but when the gap is that larg, I wait it out and buy from scalper because the variance in price isn't that big

Honestly, I have no idea about the Superbowl, but Wrestlemania tickets usually a 10 months to a year IIRC, if not further.
I hate giving my money to scalpers. Weather it's tickets for an event(they buy them just to inflate the prices) or even figure scalpers.
The SoBs that raid toys r us' on shipment days for transformers can burn in righteous fire if it were up to me!

Honestly, I have no idea about the Superbowl, but Wrestlemania tickets usually a 10 months to a year IIRC, if not further.
I hate giving my money to scalpers. Weather it's tickets for an event(they buy them just to inflate the prices) or even figure scalpers.
The SoBs that raid toys r us' on shipment days for transformers can burn in righteous fire if it were up to me!

That's the thing, I normally don't need to use them as the gap is never that large for tickets. I think wrestling of even The Super Bowl tickets are a small portion of the market.

Point being that when the gap is over 1 year, you can't charge an NRD, simply because the in hand point is to large to justify dropping even a small amount that far in advance ( especially since anyone who collects knows this stuff is made in a signifcant amount of numbers)

That's the thing, I normally don't need to use them as the gap is never that large for tickets. I think wrestling of even The Super Bowl tickets are a small portion of the market.

Point being that when the gap is over 1 year, you can't charge an NRD, simply because the in hand point is to large to justify dropping even a small amount that far in advance ( especially since anyone who collects knows this stuff is made in a signifcant amount of numbers)

We agree to disagree.
It's also on a store to store basis. Im surprised BBTS doesn't have NRDs.
I know TFSource, a website dedicated to Transformers doesn't allow cancelations.
Same with a number of Japan based Sites, most prominently Amiami. Amiami will make exceptions but do it too often and they just ban your account and cancel any left over orders you have.

The fact that this is so far out in the future works in my favor. I still remember ordering Mark XXXIII EX in August 2013 when I was vacationing in San Diego and it didn't show up until a year later. But the lack of a RDJ HS, along with the lack of interesting accessories. Come on! The laser beams are straight from Gundam models as some have said. The blast effects are straight from SHFiguarts! Who says HT is not getting closer and closer to Bandai!?

Also the fact that this suit is not showing up in CA also puts the brakes on this one as well. But this suit is so cool! I love this suit but I am afraid that before CA is released, HT will do a limited release of 45 with an open helmet HS just like what they did with Mark VII!

Without an EX, it also dampens my desire to PO this soon...I am just not so sure. Already PO Cap and Widow without a doubt...didn't like 43 and thought getting 45 would be a slam dunk *sigh*

Hi all I don't post much but I have so many thoughts on this figure and I did do my homework by reading through all 36 pages of this thread, plus some of the older thread, so I feel entitled to give my thoughts.

I love this armor, and was anticipating preordering as soon as sideshow put it up, and even more so when I saw that it was die cast, because I like shiny metal things. But as soon as I saw it, I had kind of a sinking feeling, and it had nothing to do with the price.

I went and got my play imaginative die cast mark 7, and set him in front of me while I read through all the posts. In my opinion, the HT die cast line was born only after PI started showing off their figures, even though most of the PI figures were never produced. But it wasn't the die cast that scared HT, it was the superior sculpting. The PI figures were more, sleek, sexy, curvy, and just generally more bad ass looking than HT. I felt more like I was looking at Iron Man, and I would choose that over any amount of accessories, articulation, etc. When I finally got my hands on the PI version, I promptly sold off my toyish looking HT Mark 7. And the Mark 7 sold for $375, whereas I got the PI version for $300 + shipping on clearance from BBTS, which included a very much nicer than HT hall of armor. I was so pulling for PI to make it, and I feel the same way about Comicave.

However, the HT Iron Man figures did improve quite a bit, and I'm very happy with my Mark 42, Die Cast WM, Iron Patriot, and Heartbreaker.

But this one, It's just not right to me. It looks to me like they took a Mark 43 and tried to tweak it into a Mark 45. The most important thing, the sculpt, is just off, and it doesn't read as the sleek, sexy, curvy, and just generally bad ass looking design of the Mark 45. It seems rushed, which is probably pretty accurate given the myriad of complaints in this thread. I will wait and see, but my initial impression was to be very disappointed. I wanted it shinier, darker, sleeker, and totally clean without the paint chips and such.

I love this armor so I will probably shell out the cash if Comicave can produce that beautiful looking 1/4 version, although the eyes look kind of funky to me.

If not maybe that 1/9 King Arts version.

duplicate post sorry

Last edited:

I like this armor a lot but the price is tough to swallow. It seems like the Iron Man figures shoot up in price way faster than any other line Hot Toys produces with an increase just about every armor lately. I'll see how I feel about it when it's closer to release but not sure if I want to drop that amount on it.

But it's not been popular. So far it's been the opposite. And it will take 7-10 figures to pay off the manufacturing costs it added. So it will take that many figures selling before theyake a profit on diecast.

An inflated price tends to make things unpopular for the consumer... it's just economy 101.

Augh ... played around with applying $50 in rewards to this without finalizing the order ... I'd feel much more comfortable paying 305 for this ... buuuut must.save.all.points.for.Hulkbuster!

Inaccuracies in design? I didn't catch up on this thread or compare it to movie stills but I first glance I love it. Maybe that'll change when I compare to movie stills.

I would've actually been surprised if they pulled off the metallic paint. I think they steered clear of it for same/similar reasons why they don't chrome things that should be. Of course I want the accurate paint-up, but I never expected it anyway

With the insane resale price of iron men figures vs. Their original retail price how could hot toys not gauge demand. That being said I'll pre order for $335 when it's coupon eligible. No hurry .

$355. Wow. Makes me wonder if the local store that's offering this for *just* $280 got the right memo.

(I hope HT won't make Armored Batfleck die-cast, after seeing how much it could possibly cost if it is die-cast).

Not sure why you guys are so shocked at the price. MK43 is only $10 cheaper and is essentially a repainted 42. This is a whole newly fabricated design.

I think the reason HT didn't include a Stark headsculpt for this MK 45 was because they wanted to make it movie accurate? Tony didn't open or remove his helmet at all during the final battle. I also noticed that AoU is the first movie that does not have Pepper and Tony on screen at the same time and the first movie not to have Tony open his Iron Man faceplate or remove his helmet for once in all his suits and damn I miss the time when Tony has his arc reactor on his chest.

I think the reason HT didn't include a Stark headsculpt for this MK 45 was because they wanted to make it movie accurate? Tony didn't open or remove his helmet at all during the final battle. I also noticed that AoU is the first movie that does not have Pepper and Tony on screen at the same time and the first movie not to have Tony open his Iron Man faceplate or remove his helmet for once in all his suits and damn I miss the time when Tony has his arc reactor on his chest.

That was I thought, tony stark never open his helmet in mark 45

Then the mk43 open faceplate is not movie accurate. HT never really care about that. They could and should have included a headsculpt that rocks.

For those saying this figure's price is so high unfortunately HT figures' price will not go down anytime soon unless more and more 1/6 scale figure companies come into this market and produce simliar figures that rival HT qualities for now it's HT monopoly market.

I totally get why they want to weed out the constant preorder-cancellers... but it seems like this is going to have the opposite effect. An NRD on one or two things people can handle, but this hobby is obsessive and there's no way with things a year out that people want to be out NRD on 20-30 figures.

For instance, if you want all the Avengers and a couple villains, what's the total NRD gonna cost you upfront?

I've said it before, it's really not that hard to figure out the percentage on average of preorder cancelations -- Sideshow's been doing it for 10 years now, must have it down to a science. It's like a party -- invite 100 people, expect 40 to show.

Only the idiots who order things and cancel on a whim will be out anything. The NRD curbs them which is a good thing.

Back