1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

MMS295 is the Sandtrooper, for some reason they then skip 296 - 298 (unannounced), then 299 is the Iron Legion Drone.

Last edited:

To be honest, I wouldn't have known he switched armors in the film had it not be announced before the movie came out that there would be a Mk43 AND 45... (I'm guessing Mk44 was the Hulkbuster?) It is tempting to get there, the face-plate looks different from previous armors and it looks more like a skin/suit than an armor, but the price is a doozy... Might try to wait to see if there's a discount next year.

What were Hot Toys MMS 295-299?
299 is the Iron Legion
298 is ?
297 is ?
296 is Vision
295 is Sand Trooper

Umm and Yes Hulkbuster is the MK44

and I agree, there wasn't much of a spectacle made about him switching armors, such a disappointment after how the VII was introduced

MMS 295 is the Sandtrooper, 296 is I believe the Iron Legion Drone and 297 - 299 haven't been announced yet (hoping 2 of them are Luke and Leia *crosses fingers*).

299 is the Iron Legion
298 is ?
297 is ?
296 is Vision
295 is Sand Trooper

Ok cool. So they just skipped over those and said this was MMS300? That was what confused me, I always thought they did reveals in order.

To be honest, I wouldn't have known he switched armors in the film had it not be announced before the movie came out that there would be a Mk43 AND 45... (I'm guessing Mk44 was the Hulkbuster?) It is tempting to get there, the face-plate looks different from previous armors, but the price is a doozy... Might try to wait to see if there's a discount next year.

What were Hot Toys MMS 295-299?

MMS296 was Vision.

Why am I not surprised the 300th figure would be an Iron Man Figure LOL.... A small part of me thought with the upcoming release of Terminator Genisys and considering the fact that the very first figure HT ever release was the future war Kyle Reese perhaps they'd do a homage to that with a Future War Kyle Reese 2.0. However, there is just too many Iron Man's variants to be made.

Congrats however to those diehard Iron Man fans. This is a nice piece, though I hope they fix the colors. It should be much more metallic like in the movie. I do like the added touch of the laser effects and repulsor effects.
In the end, I don't know that it matters in the least. It's not as though the 300th received any extra fanfare or anything special.

299 is the Iron Legion
298 is ?
297 is ?
296 is Vision
295 is Sand Trooper

Umm and Yes Hulkbuster is the MK44

and I agree, there wasn't much of a spectacle made about him switching armors, such a disappointment after how the VII was introduced
Ah, yeah, right (totally forgot about Vision). Knew I was getting something muddled up there. Thanks for the correction!

Ok cool. So they just skipped over those and said this was MMS300? That was what confused me, I always thought they did reveals in order.
That's how I assumed it would work, too. Hopefully 297-8 are Luke and Leia. *crosses fingers*

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Don't we already have a 45 thread?

Yea, there is one that has been around for a couple of months. This may piss some off, but why is there the need to start another one??? I would like to see the first thread updated and this one closed. IMO, we really only need one thread for this figure.

I just want the accessories! Box those up and get them out to me - ASAP!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Yea, there is one that has been around for a couple of months. This may piss some off, but why is there the need to start another one??? I would like to see the first thread updated and this one closed. IMO, we really only need one thread for this figure.

Don't they normally merge threads like this? I know I keep getting confused where to post :lol

Is ok I can skip this. Until the time mark 44/45 release, time to order mark whatever the bleeding edge armor from Civil War.

Awwwwww yeaaaahhh!! After the popularity of their die-cast series, there's no way this would have been like the main Iron Man figures of the past! I'm getting this one, too :)

SSC had to just push it over the $350 mark didn't they lol

Groot and Rocket 2 pack is only $5 more than this and the Batman Returns set is $5 cheaper! Diecast Iron Man figures are getting crazy expensive. It's nice it comes with the diorama base and Prime torso, but seeing as they did something similar for the 43, it would have been nice just to have the 45 with a basic stand to reduce the costs. I feel HT wanted the 43 and 45 to be similar in price just so everyone doesn't just opt for the cheaper one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awwwwww yeaaaahhh!! After the popularity of their die-cast series, there's no way this would have been like the main Iron Man figures of the past! I'm getting this one, too :)

Popularity?? Other than Hot Rod cause he was some limited exclusive, none of the die cast armors sold out until WAY after they were released. War Machine MKII and Iron Patriot hung around for quite a while (and they were cheap!!), as did the MK42... :dunno

SSC had to just push it over the $350 mark didn't they lol

Groot and Rocket 2 pack is only $5 more than this and the Batman Returns set is $5 cheaper! Diecast Iron Man figures are getting crazy expensive. It's nice it comes with the diorama base and Prime torso, but seeing as they did something similar for the 43, it would have been nice just to have the 45 with a basic stand to reduce the costs. I feel HT wanted the 43 and 45 to be similar in price just so everyone doesn't just opt for the cheaper one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Die Cast is definitely pushing these up a lot faster. Their regular figures still seem to land around $225-$245 give or take. I think if they stay around that area for the next few years then they'll make LOADS of money...Batman Vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg, Justice League, Captain America: Civil War, Guardians 2, Black Panther, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers Infinity Wars, Wolverine 3...and those are just some of the movies from just Marvel & DC!

That's just printing money; however, if they end up jumping above $300 for regular characters then that'll hurt a lot more. It's already tougher being from Canada, but I'm hoping that they're still under $300 by the time those are finished! As far as Iron Man armors go, well, those will always be $100 more or so due to the Die Cast which isn't going anywhere.

Yea it's not about popular. dC has been a failure on its own merits. But once they invested tens of thousands (or more) into new design and manufacturing machines and software and tooling they where not going to just scrap it. To much money invested to not even use it. The way dc is made is very different from injection molded plastic. Different machines and "tooling" and more.

But it's not been popular. So far it's been the opposite. And it will take 7-10 figures to pay off the manufacturing costs it added. So it will take that many figures selling before theyake a profit on diecast.

The plastic machines and process and tooling And design software all paid for itself years ago. So now the costs are just the manufacturing costs for each figure. Raw material and "tooling" (molds) and paint and labor and over head (salary, licenses, tax, building, transport, shows, advertising, gov regulatory fees, and lots more). But with DC it's all of that plus new machines and programs.

Hey man, $1 is $1 to anyone holding it. It's a standardized form of currency. It buys the exact same amount of stuff from person to person.

But that doesn't mean it has the same value to everyone. What may seem expensive to you, might be a day's bank interest to someone else. And likewise, there are people out there that would be appalled at whatever amount you'd readily spend on a 12" Iron Man suit. The point is, it's all relative, and there needs to be far less judgement on these boards regarding who can and will spend what and on what. It would be horrendous for someone to belittle another person because they can't afford as many toys, but it's just as spiteful and jealous to belittle those who can.

You're entitled to decide for yourself and for your budget what makes sense for you, but consider that this is a community that spans a vast spectrum of backgrounds and incomes, but that we're all here because we find the same enjoyment in these collectibles. A little more respect would do these boards quite a bit of good in this regard.
Yeah, I get what you're saying but no matter how much you make you don't want to be gouged on prices. I'm sorry about being hard on the fans though. I just hate seeing the prices going up but the value going down a little. It really does come own to what each person thinks is "worth it".

I think the best thing would be to the say the price is to high for me - which on this item it is. However that does not mean others will think the same as they will like the figure and the price is what they are willing to pay. I have spent what some (or maybe most) would think are ridiculous prices on Harrison Ford signed items but to me I don't even bat an eye at the price as it is what I truly want. We all have our own tastes which is what makes collecting, in general, so much fun.

Back