1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

This is a beautiful armor. Not sure they got the color right -- shouldn't it have a bit more of a deep (dare I say hint of purple) cherry red with that high metallic sheen?
I notice the colour less than the missing liquidy metallic sheen. For it to work for $355 (IMO) that reflective polish to the metal should be there. This is kind of where I think HT is slipping. They are not making a miniature replica that astonishes and justifies the premium price point in cases like this. It's more of just an acceptable iteration but nothing special.

This is a beautiful armor. Not sure they got the color right -- shouldn't it have a bit more of a deep (dare I say hint of purple) cherry red with that high metallic sheen?

ironman-mk-451.png

I think the colors looks darker because he's inside with little light compared to Thor with the sun shining on him. Just judging by this picture.

Please let me explain before jumping me. I want the product and will pay for the product. I'm just tired of standing behind the product and ordering it on the first day when I watch people who wait get coupon codes later on and get it cheaper than me. I pre-order on BBTS because I want to be assured I get the product if it possibly sells out. In a perfect world I'd just like to pre-order the product from Sideshow. But unfortunatly they play games that make the die-hards look dumb for pre-ordering early. This is a game that I don't want to play. But Sideshow has forced my hand. I'm a stay at home Dad so I need my money to be spent wisely. Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just what I have to do to get the best price now a days.

You don't have to apologize for anything.

I notice the colour less than the missing liquidy metallic sheen. For it to work for $355 (IMO) that reflective polish to the metal should be there. This is kind of where I think HT is slipping. They are not making a miniature replica that astonishes and justifies the premium price point in cases like this. It's more of just an acceptable iteration but nothing special.

Yeah, the toy just doesn't pop the way that armor does in the movie. Hope its just the lighting in the pictures.

I think the colors looks darker because he's inside with little light compared to Thor with the sun shining on him. Just judging by this picture.

Not the best still for color, I admit -- but that hi-sheen is clearly there. The hi-sheen on the toy is completely absent.

You don't have to apologize for anything.

Agreed. It's your money, you don't owe anyone an explanation on how you want to spend it. if they don't like it, it's on them to deal with it.

I really think part of the problem with the Armor in the movie is it's just so obviously CG. Most of the other suits you could almost picture it being on set and being worn by RDJ.
Something about Mark 45 on screen screams CGI. That might also be messing with the colors.

Agreed. It's your money, you don't owe anyone an explanation on how you want to spend it. if they don't like it, it's on them to deal with it.

I'm overly sensitive. I just like when people around me are happy, but I like to give my opinions to help others. Cheers all.

Just noticing the price... it's $10 more expensive than the 43, which in itself was a lot more than the diecast 3... :lol.. By the time the Avengers franchise has wrapped up, Iron Man will be $400 from Sideshow..

Local store was asking a little too much especially once tax is factored in so I'm gonna risk it with overseas. I just placed my pre-order with Animarket, hopefully the exchange rate between the CDN and USD improves towards release =/

It could have been worst but that doesn't stop it from still being bad...

Even die cast shouldn't be bumping the price up this much. Wasn't the MkIII $300 or something?

Why am I not surprised the 300th figure would be an Iron Man Figure LOL.... A small part of me thought with the upcoming release of Terminator Genisys and considering the fact that the very first figure HT ever release was the future war Kyle Reese perhaps they'd do a homage to that with a Future War Kyle Reese 2.0. However, there is just too many Iron Man's variants to be made.

Congrats however to those diehard Iron Man fans. This is a nice piece, though I hope they fix the colors. It should be much more metallic like in the movie. I do like the added touch of the laser effects and repulsor effects.

Just noticing the price... it's $10 more expensive than the 43, which in itself was a lot more than the diecast 3... :lol.. By the time the Avengers franchise has wrapped up, Iron Man will be $400 from Sideshow..
We probably will see $400.00 for standard armours by Civil War, the way things are progressing (and I guess in fairness the market appears to be there).

Hey some people were saying $500 so it could have been worse
Lol, if this figure were a must-have, I suppose I would just pay it, but I don't get your argument. So b/c some people were wildly speculating that it might be outrageously expensive that makes the real price a bargain? :lol

Does anyone think the Red laser thing.. they just took it off some Gundam kits? lol.
Definitely has a very Gundam vibe. Can't fault HT for experimenting with little accessories like that, but I doubt I'd ever use them on display. They kind of pull me out of the illusion that I'm looking at an IM armour and give it a more toyish appearance.

To be honest, I wouldn't have known he switched armors in the film had it not be announced before the movie came out that there would be a Mk43 AND 45... (I'm guessing Mk44 was the Hulkbuster?) It is tempting to get... the face-plate looks different from previous armors and it looks more like a skin/suit than an armor, I like the rocket hands/feet and the purple beams, but the price is a doozy... Might try to wait to see if there's a discount next year.

What were Hot Toys MMS 295-299?

Back