1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still bothers me that the mark 42 fell to pieces from the truck. Also, the marks 1-7 weren't in the final battle. Even though the suit pepper uses to kill Killian looks almost exactly like the mark 7, it's actually the mark 9

All the suits in Iron Man 3 were a bit underpowered. The Mark 3 took a hit mid flight from a tank shell, fell to the ground and only got a few scratches. Not to mention shortly after it got blasted by a F-22's machine gun, and only sustained temporary disablement of one of the boot jets.

Well, every single suit were all prototypes and I'm sure he never even completely finished reinforcing every single suit. He was freaking and just building and building. Least that's how I like to think of it.

It still bothers me that the mark 42 fell to pieces from the truck. Also, the marks 1-7 weren't in the final battle. Even though the suit pepper uses to kill Killian looks almost exactly like the mark 7, it's actually the mark 9

Stark called all the suits in. I don't see him saying bring on only the mark 9-41. But either way, his argument was the 42 was destroyed by a truck but the 7 floated down from space and then was caught before hitting the ground so the mark 7 is better then the 42. But, the 42 just reassembled and falling they the sky and being caught is not really a high bar. A cat can do that. And he stated the mark 8-41 all lost to the extremis so they where junk. But, there where at least a dozen still flying around after the battle that where only destroyed by the HPP. So, if the mk1-7 where or where not there is not the point anyway.

All the suits in Iron Man 3 were a bit underpowered. The Mark 3 took a hit mid flight from a tank shell, fell to the ground and only got a few scratches. Not to mention shortly after it got blasted by a F-22's machine gun, and only sustained temporary disablement of one of the boot jets.

Deflecting a projectile and surving intense heat are totally seperate functions.

I'll admit, it bothered me a little how weak the suits were in IM3 too.. Whether it was just to throw in as many as possible, or was a way of making the film more about Tony?.. maybe a combination.

I'm assuming the 43 will build on from what the 42 prototype was, but be more battle ready like the VI and VII were in Avengers...

Deflecting a projectile and surving intense heat are totally seperate functions.

Yes this too. And people who got pissed at Killian surviving an exploding suit but died when Pepper blew the tank missile up in face...well...he wasn't fully healed when she blew that up so I think that's why that did the trick.

Stark called all the suits in. I don't see him saying bring on only the mark 9-41. But either way, his argument was the 42 was destroyed by a truck but the 7 floated down from space and then was caught before hitting the ground so the mark 7 is better then the 42. But, the 42 just reassembled and falling they the sky and being caught is not really a high bar. A cat can do that. And he stated the mark 8-41 all lost to the extremis so they where junk. But, there where at least a dozen still flying around after the battle that where only destroyed by the HPP. So, if the mk1-7 where or where not there is not the point anyway.

I believe 1-7 were destroyed when Stark's house was attacked, they were all in the display cases that got blown up. But like you said, not the point.

True, but I recall some of those suits being ripped apart, without the aid of heat (or so it looked like). Plus, the Iron Patriot armor seemed like it was able to resist high temperatures without any noticeable damage. It just doesn't seem like Stark to build inferior suits, especially since the marks 8-13ish look to be based heavily off of the mark 7.

I believe 1-7 were destroyed when Stark's house was attacked, they were all in the display cases that got blown up. But like you said, not the point.

True, but I recall some of those suits being ripped apart, without the aid of heat (or so it looked like). Plus, the Iron Patriot armor seemed like it was able to resist high temperatures without any noticeable damage. It just doesn't seem like Stark to build inferior suits, especially since the marks 8-13ish look to be based heavily off of the mark 7.

That possible. So how strong where they...and maybe that whole they can take projectiles...maybe not. Lol

You guys get that all these suits are props for a story. You can't actual compare them logically. The iron patriot suit wasn't made out of some mythic material where as mk33 wasn't so that's why rhodey withstood the heat.

For one, they where not trying to damage his suit. In fact they where trying NOT to damage it so they could use it. All the suits are made out of the same basic metal.

Also, again, being pulled apart by a super soldier is not the same as taking a bullet. My plate carrier from my Usmc days stops bullets. But I can break the plates right over my knees easily.

Even armored tanks are vulvrable to armor piercing rounds. An rpg is dangerous not becuase its some solid tip, but becuase it explodes and throws molten metal that pierces just about any armor. Which is essential what Killian and the extremis soldiers did. Super force plus high heat is the best way to penetrate armor

Well, the mark 1-7 were destroyed when the mansion was destroyed, the 8-41 weren't because they were underground and protected. The suits were destroyed easily even if some of them survived (just to be turned into multimillion dollar fireworks) but it's acceptable because they were all prototypes. I should've come up with a better argument than what I said about mk vii, but it still stands that the 42 was a prototype aswell, it's even stated by Jarvis. Luckily, I have faith that acengers 2 will justify im3 and I can accept iron man 3 as a decent iron man movie.

That possible. So how strong where they...and maybe that whole they can take projectiles...maybe not. Lol

You guys get that all these suits are props for a story. You can't actual compare them logically. The iron patriot suit wasn't made out of some mythic material where as mk33 wasn't so that's why rhodey withstood the heat.

For one, they where not trying to damage his suit. In fact they where trying NOT to damage it so they could use it. All the suits are made out of the same basic metal.

Also, again, being pulled apart by a super soldier is not the same as taking a bullet. My plate carrier from my Usmc days stops bullets. But I can break the plates right over my knees easily.

Even armored tanks are vulvrable to armor piercing rounds. An rpg is dangerous not becuase its some solid tip, but becuase it explodes and throws molten metal that pierces just about any armor. Which is essential what Killian and the extremis soldiers did. Super force plus high heat is the best way to penetrate armor

I agree with you. Perhaps the reason the suits come off weak compared to others is that they were all being controlled by jarvis. I would assume, even for a super advanced AI system, that controlling 30+ suits of armor at the same time is not very easy, leaving many openings for the extremis soldiers to easily disable/destroy the suits.

The Art of Iron Man 3 book had a storyboard that suggested that Tony told Jarvis to blow Marks 1-7 so that no one could get their hands on the technology. Interesting idea I thought.

Well, the mark 1-7 were destroyed when the mansion was destroyed, the 8-41 weren't because they were underground and protected. The suits were destroyed easily even if some of them survived (just to be turned into multimillion dollar fireworks) but it's acceptable because they were all prototypes. I should've come up with a better argument than what I said about mk vii, but it still stands that the 42 was a prototype aswell, it's even stated by Jarvis. Luckily, I have faith that acengers 2 will justify im3 and I can accept iron man 3 as a decent iron man movie.

I can forgive the 42 for being a prototype. Like you said, it's stated in the movie so it's understandable that it's not as capable as other suits. But for what it did, it was still pretty impressive. My complaint with it is the color scheme. It would've been a much better looking suit if it was more gold looking instead of the cream color they went with. Hopefully the MK43 will be a major upgrade to the MK42, like the MK3 was to the MK2.

The Art of Iron Man 3 book had a storyboard that suggested that Tony told Jarvis to blow Marks 1-7 so that no one could get their hands on the technology. Interesting idea I thought.

Yeah, I think they should've stuck with that for what happened. it would've explained why the suits blew up one by one, and i wouldn't think a missile would've blown all those suits up either.

I can forgive the 42 for being a prototype. Like you said, it's stated in the movie so it's understandable that it's not as capable as other suits. But for what it did, it was still pretty impressive. My complaint with it is the color scheme. It would've been a much better looking suit if it was more gold looking instead of the cream color they went with. Hopefully the MK43 will be a major upgrade to the MK42, like the MK3 was to the MK2.

The actual colour of gold didn't bother me as much as how much gold there actually was. i think it would've been better if the gold and red were more equally distributed, but still much more gold than older suits. hmmm... now that i think about it that's sort of exactly what the 43 is. Its a shame the 43 will be overshadowed by the more awesome mark 45. they're both well designed, just the 45 more so.

The actual colour of gold didn't bother me as much as how much gold there actually was. i think it would've been better if the gold and red were more equally distributed, but still much more gold than older suits. hmmm... now that i think about it that's sort of exactly what the 43 is. Its a shame the 43 will be overshadowed by the more awesome mark 45. they're both well designed, just the 45 more so.

Well if Avengers 1 is anything to base the armors off of, the MK43 will be awesome, kick some serious butt, and then most likely be destroyed. Then the MK44 (Hulkbuster) will be even cooler, and then get completely destroyed, by the Hulk of course. And then the MK45 will come in and blow everyone away. Also, there are some pictures floating around of the Hot Toys MK43 with red eyes, so I think it's safe to say Ultron takes over the MK43 at some point in the movie. Most likely the reason it'll end up getting destroyed.

Well if Avengers 1 is anything to base the armors off of, the MK43 will be awesome, kick some serious butt, and then most likely be destroyed. Then the MK44 (Hulkbuster) will be even cooler, and then get completely destroyed, by the Hulk of course. And then the MK45 will come in and blow everyone away. Also, there are some pictures floating around of the Hot Toys MK43 with red eyes, so I think it's safe to say Ultron takes over the MK43 at some point in the movie. Most likely the reason it'll end up getting destroyed.

:exactly: that's probably a reason for him connecting the suit to his mind, if he ends up doing that, to prevent Ultron from hacking in.

Also, many of them were for non-battle purposes, so it stands to reason that their firepower and protection would be lower than Tony's base suits prior to IM3..

So this is all about spider man right?
1e5f72cc0ea35f9a700e23ecfc02c5d1.jpg

Back