1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I cut my AoU list down and Maria was one to go. Not an essential character for me and too many Star Wars figures to spend the cash on.

I'd have thought for most people, if they were going to spend 200+ on an MCU Hot Toy, she would be one of the lowest priorities, so possibly not that suprising. It's like, I have a spare $220 this quarter I might put on a MCU Hot Toy.. do I buy Mk9 or Mk43?... Scarlet Witch or Maria Hill?

If you don't have an Iron Man and are desperate to have one or you absolutely want the particular suit then I would say the Mk43.

Otherwise I would say Maria Hill... The Mk9 is cool but had a couple seconds of screentime and there will always be a new Iron Man as the PP will likely not be the only CW suit not to mention IW and do overs of the original 7 then to me IM isn't such a "need need need". Same goes with Scarlet Witch, unless you really like her earlier outfit there will be other versions later down the line.

So if the Mk43 wasn't a must have then for me it would be Maria Hill, there won't ever be another one unlike Iron Man or Scarlet Witch though out of those choices both a great as the 43 has great shelf presence but Hill despite being a little lax of the accessories adds a nice touch to any Avengers / MCU display.

She's a totally essential character for me...
i got two of Maria Hill and never ordered the Iron Man figures because those they are all so samey now, lol.

I have both and right now do not regret either but if I were to ever drop one from the collection it would be the Mk43 (which may happen one day) as like you say they are a bit 'samey' even with being very different from each other. Plenty of other IM figures on the horizon but likely never another Hill.

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on her. I'm on the fence because I already have 4 star wars figures i'm flex paying on through June and I'm trying not to spend too much till I see what the second half of the year will be like(I'm expecting at least the cap civil war figures to be available which I want at least 2 or 3 of and hopefully some more OT star wars)....but I want that Winter Soldier Nick Fury and I feel like i'm gonna kick myself if I get Fury but don't have Hill with him. Bad enough that I missed Coulson who is super expensive on the aftermarket.

Anybody know how close she is to selling out?

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on her. I'm on the fence because I already have 4 star wars figures i'm flex paying on through June and I'm trying not to spend too much till I see what the second half of the year will be like(I'm expecting at least the cap civil war figures to be available which I want at least 2 or 3 of and hopefully some more OT star wars)....but I want that Winter Soldier Nick Fury and I feel like i'm gonna kick myself if I get Fury but don't have Hill with him. Bad enough that I missed Coulson who is super expensive on the aftermarket.

Anybody know how close she is to selling out?

The problem here is actual value(What they sell them for at Sideshow or similar when stocks are plentiful), and "Perceived" value(What the scalpers sell them for when they sell out from mainstream sellers).
Just see what has happened with Old Ben Kenobi. $350 to $450 on Ebay now, within a week or so of going on waitlist at SS.
Maria Hill isn't as iconic of course, but if you do an ebay search for Maria Hill headsculpts, there aren't many and they are all over $100(Bootlegs aside of course).
If and when she does sell out, it might be another case of "IM2 BW", with the price skyrocketing.
If you want it, put some cash aside and get it. Like you say, Coulson was fairly limited and still goes for a high price.

heh. Yeah, i'm kicking myself on ben Kenobi too but...I've still seen him a couple of places, I just need to make a decision on him in the next 2-3 weeks or he's not happening either. From OT, I went with Luke Skywalker(ANH) and Princess Leia. I passed on all trooopers and Vader(I'm waiting for a better one) and I passed on Han and Chewie(which i'm somewhat regretting on both but i'm confident their will be more Hans at least). Old man Kenobi could be one and done but I'm more of an episode III Kenobi guy so just not sure about him all in all.

As for Hill, I think i'm gonna get her and stop wasting time. I'm already figuring out how to squeeze her into my hot toys spending for the year.(I have a chart written up and everything lol).

heh. Yeah, i'm kicking myself on ben Kenobi too but...I've still seen him a couple of places, I just need to make a decision on him in the next 2-3 weeks or he's not happening either. From OT, I went with Luke Skywalker(ANH) and Princess Leia. I passed on all trooopers and Vader(I'm waiting for a better one) and I passed on Han and Chewie(which i'm somewhat regretting on both but i'm confident their will be more Hans at least). Old man Kenobi could be one and done but I'm more of an episode III Kenobi guy so just not sure about him all in all.

As for Hill, I think i'm gonna get her and stop wasting time. I'm already figuring out how to squeeze her into my hot toys spending for the year.(I have a chart written up and everything lol).

Nothing like a bit of forward planning, lol.
I have two here, one sealed, one i opened just to look at and compare the real sculpt with the bootleg heads i have.

It is done. I ordered her on a flex pay. I managed to squeeze her in for the same pay periods i'm paying on Kylo(of which the payments for him are smaller cause I blew almost all my rewards points on him).

Back