1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to opening this figure after having here for a few weeks. Absolute great addition my Avengers collection!

You opened it???
tumblr_mz5yv74dC41ryz70ro4_250.gif

:lol Just kidding, congrats from a MISB collector :D

Do you MISB guys open any boxes? Do you display just a stack of boxes? Not trying to be rude, I just don't get really get it.

Do you MISB guys open any boxes? Do you display just a stack of boxes? Not trying to be rude, I just don't get really get it.

I've never really understood the MISB reasoning, concerning items such as higher end statues or Hot Toys either...

I'm a MOMC collector concerning figures on a blister card, such as MOTU Classics. IMO, these factory cases usually provide a decent showcase for the figure. Though, I still purchase protective clamshells from Zoloworld, etc... However, the majority of my personal collection is made up of HotToys and higher end or Premium Format statues. That being said, I would never spend the amount of money that I do on these referenced figures or statues and not be able to see them. HotToys and higher end statue boxes are typically completely collector friendly....

In addition, If you don't actually open the factory sealed boxes, then how do know that they're in fact truly MINT? Granted, I own a ton of Hot Toys figures and have honestly only had QC issues with 4 or 5 of them. However, I've had to return more than a few Sideshow and DC Direct statues because they were broken... Honestly the only statues that I've NEVER had a problem with was Hard Hero (remember them), mostly because of their packaging...

I know you guys are just having fun, this is just my experience concerning the MISB matter... :wave

Go on then what does MISB stand for! It's probably obvious but just can't seem to get it!

Eh, it's convenient, especially if you don't have the room or wherewithal for a really nice display or setup. The fact that they're pristine, straight from the factory, is also quite appealing.

It certainly doesn't increase the value. I would sooner buy an opened figure than a Mint in Box figure. I want to know what I'm getting, especially if its out of production.

I got one of my Maria Hill figures in the post last week. Finally popped it open today and it's even better than i hoped it would be.
What a great figure. And we have been waiting long enough for it!

It certainly doesn't increase the value. I would sooner buy an opened figure than a Mint in Box figure. I want to know what I'm getting, especially if its out of production.

I don't know about that. It all depends on the buyer. But I have no intention of selling any of them so it's a moot point anyway, at least for me.

I'm not a MISB collector, but I can see the appeal of it. I have an AoU Cap that's mint, sealed in box. Is the acronym "Mint In Shipper Box"? Or "Mint In Sealed Box"?

The biggest bright side is that you never have to worry about a defective figure. If you never open it, you'll never know. :lol

Can't imagine not opening these figures. :lol

That's a lot of money to spend for stuff you'll never look at and enjoy.

There is only one way I could be a MISB collector and that's if I had more money. Well, a lot more money because I would first buy and open all of the figures I want, but don't buy now. Then I would buy a double for every figure I have that's open.

There is only one way I could be a MISB collector and that's if I had more money. Well, a lot more money because I would first buy and open all of the figures I want, but don't buy now. Then I would buy a double for every figure I have that's open.

MISB isn't what it used to be, even 5 years ago that was the smart thing to do with Hot Toys but now the combination of 1) them remaking every figure that goes over $250 on Ebay and 2) their own MSRP now $225-$250, has basically killed the resale market or "investment value" of them. And yes people look at these figures as ART and therefore as a possible investment, but its all just supply and demand, and Hot Toys is not short on the supply part anymore. Best advice is to buy what you want to display, even if you have the cash, there are much better things to "invest" in than toys that will stay in a sealed box.

The secondary market lower prices isn't because they remade 1% of old figures. And it's not a new process. They remade the first two iron man figures within a couple years of them being out. (Both mk1 and mk3 where remade before mk6 hit)

It's more about growth numbers, dead stock, left over customer service stock and the growth of the brand. Not hot toys remaking a few figures, which they have always done.

There are plenty of HT figures that sell for less after their release. I can't imagine people having the whole MoS line still MISB considering they are so cheap to buy now anyway. You'd never make your money back on them if you bought them at retail, even if they're unopened.

That Mark 7 Stealth seemed to have quite a few QC issues as well, so keeping that MISB probably isn't going to get you more money.

Finally opened my Maria Hill figure. It's not perfect, but I like it. Here is a quick smartphone picture of her next to Fury and Coulson alongside their 6" counterparts.

8de00bce3b9d0c14c381e09ba5a3210c.jpg

Back