1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you even read everything I wrote?!
"Who does it better is irrelevant. This is about why we should keep paying 250+, for plastic!" Hot Tots is the best, but doesn't mean they get a pass when they're sub-par and we'll buy anyway (well, some of you fanboys will). We as investors, reserve the right to complain. They can accommodate us, or go broke.

If you're spending your money on these dollies as an investment you're in for a rude awakening.

Hey, so female heads on male bodies, do they have the same sized ball & socket for Hot Toys?

Leia looks great. This looks great. Alice was good. Whitsler was good. Ada was good. Catwoman was good.And exactly who out there is better? So I say your claim of "undeniably" terrible is wrong. I denied it. Thus disproving your claim. HA! Also, I just disagree.

Don't forget Gamora - her sculpt was 100% winner.

Cyclonis stating that Hot Toys is "undeniably terrible" at sculpting females is way off the mark and totally hyperbolic.

For what it's worth, the Maria Hill sculpt is right up there with Gamora. I want her, but can't justify her though :(

PS. The Pepper Potts sculpt is way better than people are giving credit for. It is only ruined by the roadkill sitting on top of it.

"Who does it better is irrelevant. This is about why we should keep paying 250+, for plastic!" Hot Tots is the best, but doesn't mean they get a pass when they're sub-par and we'll buy anyway (well, some of you fanboys will). We as investors, reserve the right to complain. They can accommodate us, or go broke.

who%20is%20this_zps8wtrpih7.gif

Sub par to what???? That's the question. That term refers to having something to compare it to.

As for investors...that's just dumb. First, your not investing in crap. Your a consumer. Same as if you buy a ham sandwich or a TV. An investor doesn't get product in return. If you are personally buying as investment..also not smart. And ab crunch has crap to do with collector value. Collector value almost never has anything to do with quality or pose ability but rarity and exclusivity. So your whole argument is based on not understand the "investments" anyway.

And again...it's a prototype. That you probably have only seen photos of. If I took ten photos of my car with the door closed you can't tell it actually opens. And th fenders don't pop off as a normal feature, but they don't need to. Just like not every figure needs "ab crunch"..which we still don't know if it will or won't have

Just beciase it's different doesn't mean it's "sub par" if what you equate to quality is articulation the hot toys are the wrong thing for you. Articulation is not the driving force with this company. Start collecting bandia or SHF or another line that is focused on articulation.

Sub par to what???? That's the question. That term refers to having something to compare it to.

As for investors...that's just dumb. First, your not investing in crap. Your a consumer. Same as if you buy a ham sandwich or a TV. An investor doesn't get product in return. If you are personally buying as investment..also not smart. And ab crunch has crap to do with collector value. Collector value almost never has anything to do with quality or pose ability but rarity and exclusivity. So your whole argument is based on not understand the "investments" anyway.

And again...it's a prototype. That you probably have only seen photos of. If I took ten photos of my car with the door closed you can't tell it actually opens. And th fenders don't pop off as a normal feature, but they don't need to. Just like not every figure needs "ab crunch"..which we still don't know if it will or won't have

Just beciase it's different doesn't mean it's "sub par" if what you equate to quality is articulation the hot toys are the wrong thing for you. Articulation is not the driving force with this company. Start collecting bandia or SHF or another line that is focused on articulation.

He sounds an awful lot like Catwoman'sPenpal to me lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allow me to simplify. This head sculpt, this prototype head sculpt...sucks! It's sub-par compared to any head sculpt that has I great likeness to its real life counterpart. Articulation is important, but to each there own. You can keep enable half-assed efforts from Hot Toys if you want, that's your choice. But let me reiterate, this head sculpt sucks. Which is a big deal because that's basically what you're paying top dollar for. But ignore that if you want. Smh. Fanboys.

Back