1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's safe to say Hot Toys is undeniably TERRIBLE, at sculpting women! Not one good likeness yet; and yes, I'm also referring to Avengers Black Widow!

I think it's safe to say Hot Toys is undeniably TERRIBLE, at sculpting women! Not one good likeness yet; and yes, I'm also referring to Avengers Black Widow!

Leia looks great. This looks great. Alice was good. Whitsler was good. Ada was good. Catwoman was good.And exactly who out there is better? So I say your claim of "undeniably" terrible is wrong. I denied it. Thus disproving your claim. HA! Also, I just disagree.

Leia looks great. This looks great. Alice was good. Whitsler was good. Ada was good. Catwoman was good.And exactly who out there is better? So I say your claim of "undeniably" terrible is wrong. I denied it. Thus disproving your claim. HA! Also, I just disagree.

Leia has yet to be proven, but I agree with you so far she looks good and looks like she may break the losing streak. Even the Scarlet witch looks like it may be another good release (though people prefer the photoshop version of her), as well as Ripley, but they all have to look as good on release. Maleficent was a top contender, and when it released it didn't look as good as the prototype. I forgot about the Dark knight Rises Catwoman, so you got me there! Ultimately, you get my point, and THIS figure, has a face only a mom could love, and barely! Who does it better is irrelevant. This is about why we should keep paying 250+, for plastic!

It's all personal opinion. If you don't think they're good at sculpting women, then that's fine. It's in no way undeniable that they're bad at it, because that's just your opinion. Personally, I think Hill looks fantastic, Potts looks great, Leia looks awesome, Scarlet Witch is another great one, Selina Kyle/Catwoman from the Dark Knight Rises looks superb with the mask on -- a little less likeness without, but still not bad -- and their Widows aren't all as bad as everyone says.

For most sculpts it's the hair that can throw them off. If the hair had been less messy and all over in the AoU sculpt, I think that would've been their best yet. Then there's the amazing Gamora they just did, as well as the prototypes for the Ripley figures they were displaying last year. When you see most of these face sculpts without the rooted hair added on, they can be jaw dropping.

Those are just off the top of my head, and again, this is just my opinion; but I think they're incredibly capable of sculpting females beautifully.

They've done great sculpts for female figs and also had a couple bad ones. Same with male figures. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they miss the mark :dunno lately they have been really spot on IMO.

Leia has yet to be proven, but I agree with you so far she looks good and looks like she may break the losing streak. Even the Scarlet witch looks like it may be another good release (though people prefer the photoshop version of her), as well as Ripley, but they all have to look as good on release. Maleficent was a top contender, and when it released it didn't look as good as the prototype. I forgot about the Dark knight Rises Catwoman, so you got me there! Ultimately, you get my point, and THIS figure, has a face only a mom could love, and barely! Who does it better is irrelevant. This is about why we should keep paying 250+, for plastic!

:goodpost: I don't see Paltrow at all in that sculpt. And the head is too big. I have faith that they will improve the sculpt, I'm ordering it anyways. Lol

So which other 1/6 manufacturer is making better female sculpts? ThreeZero have yet to release one, Star Ace haven't released Hermione yet, SSC have no good ones and BCS released a pretty average Amy Pond.

Hot Toys seem to be the only ones delving more into female sculpts. Even their Sarah Connor from 5 years ago is a pretty decent sculpt for that time and since then they have improved on their likenesses.

I think Maria looks great as does SW, Leia and Pepper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maria Hill will be my first and probably only female figure. I dislike rooted hair and I doubt I'll ever get a figure that has it.

Speak for yourself! I've never felt more manly than when I took a small dab of hair gel, mixed it with water in a small bowl, and sat down with Selina Kyle to gently brush/style her hair with a small plastic doll brush. :lol

Speak for yourself! I've never felt more manly than when I took a small dab of hair gel, mixed it with water in a small bowl, and sat down with Selina Kyle to gently brush/style her hair with a small plastic doll brush. :lol
Ron-Swanson-Fist-Of-Feels-Success.gif

So which other 1/6 manufacturer is making better female sculpts? ThreeZero have yet to release one, Star Ace haven't released Hermione yet, SSC have no good ones and BCS released a pretty average Amy Pond.

Hot Toys seem to be the only ones delving more into female sculpts. Even their Sarah Connor from 5 years ago is a pretty decent sculpt for that time and since then they have improved on their likenesses.

I think Maria looks great as does SW, Leia and Pepper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you even read everything I wrote?!
"Who does it better is irrelevant. This is about why we should keep paying 250+, for plastic!" Hot Tots is the best, but doesn't mean they get a pass when they're sub-par and we'll buy anyway (well, some of you fanboys will). We as investors, reserve the right to complain. They can accommodate us, or go broke.

Back