1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The breasts of the figure are too high

1209_mcmillan_630x420.jpg

Haha was waiting for this!

Allow me to simplify. This head sculpt, this prototype head sculpt...sucks! It's sub-par compared to any head sculpt that has I great likeness to its real life counterpart. Articulation is important, but to each there own. You can keep enable half-assed efforts from Hot Toys if you want, that's your choice. But let me reiterate, this head sculpt sucks. Which is a big deal because that's basically what you're paying top dollar for. But ignore that if you want. Smh. Fanboys.

I think you are crazy. This is a great head sculpt. If you want to complain about a horrible head sculpt, head over to the Pepper Potts thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are crazy. This is a great head sculpt. If you want to complain about a horrible head sculpt, head over to the Pepper Potts thread.

:exactly: I honestly thought it was some cheap company or something that was making that pepper when I first saw it or maybe that it was a joke or something. I don't see pepper there at all and I really don't think it lives up to hot toys quality at all. The second I saw this Maria hill figure I said thank god hot toys finally made a Maria hill figure, granted it's not perfect but it's instantly recognizable as a hot toys Maria hill and that "pepper Potts" doesn't give that reaction at all and that sucks for fans that really wanted her.

I feel like half of HT's sculpts lately have been pretty bad. Pepper and Thor are the worst, roaring Hulk, I see no Renner in Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch is just okay, and the Ultron Sentry is a bland looking figure overall. On the other hand you have the new Fury which is fantastic. I don't know if they hired new sculptors for some of the AoU line, but they sure don't live up to other figures. Cap, TDW Thor, etc.

Ya sometimes they arnt that great, but that pepper is really bad. On the other hand fury and hill look awesome and that quicksilver figure is just crazy on how perfect it looks.

I feel like half of HT's sculpts lately have been pretty bad. Pepper and Thor are the worst, roaring Hulk, I see no Renner in Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch is just okay, and the Ultron Sentry is a bland looking figure overall. On the other hand you have the new Fury which is fantastic. I don't know if they hired new sculptors for some of the AoU line, but they sure don't live up to other figures. Cap, TDW Thor, etc.

Agreed. That ultron Sentry almost looks like someone slowly melted the head because of it's dull features, especially when compared to the film, a similar problem I have with Ultron Prime! But don't let the fanboys see this, Hot Toys can do no wrong. Smh.

The head sculpt is good enough, it's the hair color that is killing me.

I agree with you on most of those, though I'd slightly disagree on Thor. I do have issues with the paint apps making many of the neutral faces look empty and lifeless (like Thor, Scarlet Witch, Hill, Quicksilver, Pepper, Gamora, and so on), but that may also just be my own eye (and preference for more emotional/diverse facial expressions).

Allow me to simplify. This head sculpt, this prototype head sculpt...sucks! It's sub-par compared to any head sculpt that has I great likeness to its real life counterpart. Articulation is important, but to each there own. You can keep enable half-assed efforts from Hot Toys if you want, that's your choice. But let me reiterate, this head sculpt sucks. Which is a big deal because that's basically what you're paying top dollar for. But ignore that if you want. Smh. Fanboys.

I think the problem here is that you are telling people that the sculpt sucks as though it is a factual statement. Art is subjective and the majority of people believe this is a good sculpt. If you don't like it then crack on but don't start spouting hyperbolic BS that HT's are terrible at female sculpts because it's simply not true. If in your mind it is then again, fine - discuss it sensibly but shouting off about it on a forum where there are HT's fans isn't really very smart. Calling us fanboys is also very immature.

I think the problem here is that you are telling people that the sculpt sucks as though it is a factual statement. Art is subjective and the majority of people believe this is a good sculpt. If you don't like it then crack on but don't start spouting hyperbolic BS that HT's are terrible at female sculpts because it's simply not true. If in your mind it is then again, fine - discuss it sensibly but shouting off about it on a forum where there are HT's fans isn't really very smart. Calling us fanboys is also very immature.

Don't worry man, he's been going all over HTs forums saying they're terrible. Don't really get it.

Just adding 'imo' makes a big difference imo

:lol

Well said :hi5:

That's what's great about the ignore button, comes in very useful when you just can't be bothered to read the same negative statements over and over again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Art maybe subjective.... but likeness can be quantified.... opinions of preference is also subjective

Yes likeness can be quantified. But not by most people. People see things through the prism of their own limited experience. We have a program at the studio (my family studio) that works much like facial recognition to determine if a created item matchs it's source material. I'm sure hot toys has one too. A computer is much more objective then any person. And for kicks I ran a photo from sdcc of this and a photo of the actress and guess what...92% match. I then ran a photo of her from a screen grab against a seperate photo of her from a screen grab...93% match. It's not perfect. But saying it sucks and hot toys sucks is just biased BS.

And people are comparing a sculpt that they have probably never seen in person to a person I am very sure they have never seen in person.

Back