1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion, which means very little, is this suit is just a starter to the next film. They wanted to introduce the character, but instead of taking up the whole movie, which would be required to explain why a big guy in a onesie is on the screen, they give us a machine. This way the character is established and can transition into 3 where the rest of the character can be developed. You can't tell me that they would put an A list actor in such a small part unless they have plans for him.

Either way, I really dig this figure. Going to be a tough decision on whether or not to buy, if they do in fact decide to release him.

Unlike several, I really liked this movie.

I liked the movie too. And I agree about this being just the introduction with him returning. Most likely in an updated suit

I was hoping the a Rhino would have had this classic design for the film....

3155684-4927010039-hols-a.jpeg

Alternate Rhino Designs. Wish they had gone with the first one. :( They even had the original head design in place with just his face incased in a Rhino helmet. :ohbfrank:

rhino_Concept01_LiquidMetal_103012_RS%20copy.jpg

rhino_HeadConceptRefined_112812_RS%20copy.jpg

rhino_Concept03_LiquidMetal_110212_RS%20copy.jpg

rhino_Concept04_LiquidMetal_110612_RS.jpg

rhino_Concept05_LiquidMetal_110612_RS%20copy.jpg

rhino_Concept01_100812_RS.jpg

rhino_Concept03_100812_RS.jpg

Its amazing how his design started off pretty good and steadily got worse. Usually its the other way around.

Alternate Rhino Designs. Wish they had gone with the first one. :( They even had the original head design in place with just his face incased in a Rhino helmet. :ohbfrank:

rhino_Concept01_LiquidMetal_103012_RS%20copy.jpg

Everyone is calling the Rhino in the movie a rehash of an IRON MAN suit,

but THIS is better? :lol:lol:lol

This suit is not bad but it looks too much like a videogame's suit. looks too much like Halo or something. It doesn't really say Rhino and it wouldn't make sense that a person would walk on all four like that.

At least the suit in the movie is so big that you have no idea where his legs or his arms are so you can buy that he would walk like a Rhino, but with this he could never to the Rhino walk

Agreed. If that suit transformed then his body would be twisted and broken inside.

After seeing the movie tonight, I'm kind of shocked they are making this

They've made figures of characters with less screen-time :dunno

Its amazing how his design started off pretty good and steadily got worse. Usually its the other way around.

I'd say Liquid Metal five with the helmet from the second pic would work. No on-all-fours transformation though

After seeing the movie tonight, I'm kind of shocked they are making this
What did you think..?

Agreed. If that suit transformed then his body would be twisted and broken inside.

I'd say Liquid Metal five with the helmet from the second pic would work. No on-all-fours transformation though

Yeah, we're on the same page with this one my friend

Don't know where else to put this, but honestly after seeing the film, I'm stoked to get an Electro.:yess:

I love the combination of the Ultimates design, mixed with the electric eel origin and more troubled circumstance from the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, the god-like form akin to the final boss version of Electro in the PSX Spider-Man 2 game. Throw in some Spidey fanaticism plus an awesome actor, and the character turned out to be one of my most favorite incarnations of a Spidey villain in recent memory. :thud:

They've made figures of characters with less screen-time :dunno

yeah I suppose but it seems like it might sell better if they held off until the next movie. Although its possible this won't be set to release until the time the next one is out :lol this thing is HUGE and quite impressive so I bet it will take awhile to produce

yeah I suppose but it seems like it might sell better if they held off until the next movie. Although its possible this won't be set to release until the time the next one is out :lol this thing is HUGE and quite impressive so I bet it will take awhile to produce

What theres another one already announced? Ugh!

Just got out of the movie and enjoyed it, despite the small part, I would love to get this figure.

Just got out of the movie and enjoyed it, despite the small part, I would love to get this figure.

Thats exactly how I'm feeling about it, especially if the rhino suit comes into play further down the line, just an awesome looking figure, I'd hope they would release a pre-order long enough in advance to make for affordable flex-payments

Back