1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there a whole series of characters in Halloween costumes -- Rhino, Scorpion, etc? Like The Tick.

Ah Scorpion, the dude with a cannon on his butt. :slap :lol

Yes there are several villains that have an animal/Halloween style in keeping with the Spider-Man theme. But The Tick, that's a surreal parody.

The Ultimate Rhino suit looked pretty good. They probably couldn't do that though as it could have been seen as too similar to an Iron Man armour.

The Raimi Power Ranger Goblin was bad, the "New Goblin" from SM3 was pathetic and this latest version just looks unfinished and weird. I would actually like to see an attempt to bring a more classic Green Goblin to the screen.

If only every character was as easy as Dr Octopus. Dude with metal tentacles == Dude with metal tentacles. The rest of the costume doesn't matter too much (aside from the glasses).

The Rhino is supposed to be a huge, superhumanly strong, brutish man in a suit that looks like a rhino skin. I just figured using the lizard formula from the first movie could help justify a look that closely matches the book. It would also use the new continuity established in the first movie. The Rhino in the new movie looks like a dinobot. It's not even close.

The design is based off of Ultimate Rhino which is more like some type of Iron Man suit.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure [TEASER]

Could be any one of these lolol

rhinofaces2.jpg

Now that is a man who could act a bathroom scene, the morning after a Phall curry.. with conviction. :lol

:lol :exactly:

It's amusing reading people trying to justify this ugly junkling by comparing it to Iron Man 3 armors. Pretty much every IM 3 armor looks awesome on its own with exception of Red Snapper, and even that is at least balanced compared to this top heavy thing.

I will buy this, put it next to my 1/6 ThreeA Mongrol.. and call it Mecha-Torquemada! :rock

1505398_10152029455022344_2221816118319349400_n.jpg

I agree with those that are arguing for an Ultimate Rhino look. That depiction, to me, is a perfect update. This one is way too top heavy... just not a nice design to look at. Only a tiny percentage of the people that will see the movie will have seen the source material. Don't get why producers always have to **** with proven design like that. It's like Singer with his Sentinels. They look like **** compared to the comics versions but he still had to mess with it. *sighs*

But people /fans known this for years ?.....

I mean when translated to real life. In the comics (and the Cartoon) because everyone wears spandex it doesn't show how stupid Rhino looks.

but all this talk about making the Rhino CGI like the Lizard made me realize that for a live action movie Rhino could have never worked. it would be too ridiculous.

I agree with those that are arguing for an Ultimate Rhino look. That depiction, to me, is a perfect update. This one is way too top heavy... just not a nice design to look at. Only a tiny percentage of the people that will see the movie will have seen the source material. Don't get why producers always have to **** with proven design like that. It's like Singer with his Sentinels. They look like **** compared to the comics versions but he still had to mess with it. *sighs*

Agreed... Ive said many times, were at a point with marvel movies where more comic based designs are acceptable to audiences, sentinels should have been MASSIVE, yet we're getting destroyer rip offs... also comic designs themselves have become alot less campy then the 60's to 90's looks, so they actually do fit in really well with the movies

Even ****ing Brett Ratner showed us a Sentinel that looked better XD the 70's Sentinels have admittedly grown on me but I think those Future Sentinels looks like crap

Well I care more about the characterization more than looks but having a comic accurate costume is a plus. I don't mind changes to the looks as long as they don't stray too far from the material, aka Rhino and I'm still not a fan of Billy Idol/Troll doll Green Goblin. Rhino was fine since he's usually just a henchman in terms of characterization but did they really have to give him rocket launchers and guns? He's supposed to be a brute strength baddie. Both Harry and Norman were both just written terribly imo.

Yeah character development is the most important thing as well as a good story, but as far as film design it's all about the costumes for me and what realistic comic book characters I can get as figures. It's a reason why I dont have a Wolverine cause it's basically a plain clothes Hugh Jackman.

Yeah character development is the most important thing as well as a good story, but as far as film design it's all about the costumes for me and what realistic comic book characters I can get as figures. It's a reason why I dont have a Wolverine cause it's basically a plain clothes Hugh Jackman.

Very fair. That's why I'm hoping to god that the set photos of what's supposedly Ultron is just a specific stage of his evolution as I would, and many fans would absolutely LOVE to see a classic Ultron on screen and as a Hot Toys figure.

I mean when translated to real life. In the comics (and the Cartoon) because everyone wears spandex it doesn't show how stupid Rhino looks.

but all this talk about making the Rhino CGI like the Lizard made me realize that for a live action movie Rhino could have never worked. it would be too ridiculous.
Again, did you think the Hulk looked ridiculous in The Avengers? The only problem with the Lizard in the first movie was the fact that they were to far off from the original design. The execution wasn't bad.

Why are people comparing the Hulk to Rhino?

Rhino is a guy wearing a suit that resembles a Rhino. It works in the comics because we were kids and it wasn't too big of a deal but there's no way a guy wearing a Rhino suit in today's world will translate well onto the big screen. That would be the funniest thing ever.

I really liked the design, no joke. It looks impressive and cool.
Even if they did it like in Ultimate Spider-man people still would complain that it's too Iron Man looking.

Kudos to HT for bringing such awesome things to life, this is exactly why 1/6th scale possible hi-end figures FTW!

When Riddick is the voice of reason, you know what you're complaining about is retarded. :lol

No excuse for Goblin looking the way he does but Rhino from the comics? How about a scene showing him forcing his way into the suit through the a-hole like in Ace Ventura while your at it?

:lol yeah, I never liked original Rhino design.
However mech didn't worked either since it was controlled by cartoonish OTT character.
Tho that's my major complain about the movie itself - too messy.

No excuse for Goblin looking the way he does
I'd actually forgive that if they developed it properly.
Even so, his appearance is sooooo brief I couldn't care less about the look.

:I'd actually forgive that if they developed it properly.

That's the only reason I do forgive it, is I'm not convinced that Norman won't be back and isn't the one really pulling the strings and using Mr. Fierce to manipulate Harry. If it's revealed in 3 Harry is just a pawn and Norman used his own son like that, that'd be great.

Who'd have guessed when the first images leaked tho, it wouldn't be Foxx getting all the hate for "Electbro". :lol

That rhino is gross but I still think a updated but much more faithful comic adaption would have been better. Can you imagine if that's how the Sinster Six end up showing up to battle in the next movie?

It is ridiculous. Its a child's villain. I mean, what the hell is Rhino? Why is a Rhino bad? Does the human villain have an irrational fear of Rhinos?

Many of comics villains were simply a cashing in on new "things", much like Lucas is reviled for.

Back