1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it looks like the best 1/6 Vader out there so far.
Yeah no doubt. It's important to realize the mistakes and try to improve continuously. Or there will be no progress...
This is serious regression, same with Chewie. I think head sculpt on this Vader looks horrendous lol. Like 'Hasbro got it waaaay better' bad. I'm a ANH Vader guy myself, and I know of course most ppl prefer the other two shinier/cleaner looks....but preference shouldn't have anything to do with how accurate or inaccurate the company got it. This is just the weakest of the 3 Vader's so far; as far as mask/dome accuracy.

Question for you Vader experts:

Are the ANH and RO helmets a tad bit of a mix between ANH and ESB?
Nah, not really. The Rogue One version is essentially an idealized version of the ANH one. So all shiny, with no scuffs or scrapes of any sort. But then again, you could look at it as being a bit of an amalgamation, simply due to it's sheen; but that wasn't the intention.
ESB is one of my favorites movies. I'd say I'm
More of an ESB fan than a SW fan, if that makes sense.
That's exactly how I felt before POTF 2 sucked me into it all....except it was about Return of the Jedi. I use to think the other two were just boring, but later appreciated them in my adult life.

This is serious regression, same with Chewie. I think head sculpt on this Vader looks horrendous lol. Like 'Hasbro got it waaaay better' bad. I'm a ANH Vader guy myself, and I know of course most ppl prefer the other two shinier/cleaner looks....but preference shouldn't have anything to do with how accurate or inaccurate the company got it. This is just the weakest of the 3 Vader's so far; as far as mask/dome accuracy.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing. And thank God for that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah that large, perfectly symmetrical mouth just doesn't look right to me at all. The RO mask wasn't totally right either, but at least they got the basic asymmetry correct.

Sigh, think I'm leaning more now to just getting the 1/4 Vader.

I'll probably pass on this. The 1/4 looks amazing and I'd get it if I had any 1/4 scale figures or premium formats. At this point I'll just have to wait for the ROTJ Vader hoping it comes out as nice as the 1/4 scale.

Just watched the video holy crap it looks so good. I hope SS gets this soon.

Supposedly tomorrow for some.

All those people who spent so much type modding their first version HT ANH Vader.. all they had to do was wait for this version

Ummm you do know that people mostly modded the first Vader because of the dome and lenses and gloves , had nothing to do with shiny or not . The RO fixed all these issues :lecture

Nothing in these two posts of yours really makes much sense. Most people wanted a scuffed up Vader and did work to make him more menacing with ANH features (lowering the helmet, adding the red tint). All people wanted from the Rogue One figure for their ANH figure was the gloves. This figure is finally a closer ESB helmet (less of a widow's peak, larger vent underneath). The only actual improvement over the three previous ANH/RO/ANH helmets is the nose is no longer a nose plug.

Maybe Sideshow is realizing that they are losing business to HK resellers.

Yeah, that has crossed my mind. They definitely did with ESB Fett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice contribution. :clap

I understand and appreciate that there is a vocal minority out there that is very critical of each release. They would argue that they are appropriately critical. Their opinion should be heard but I’m happy that I almost always disagree. This is a toy that represents a character in a film. This is a great looking figure. It is not perfect, which I think is an unreasonable expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still, for the price these things commands these days, they better be pretty damn close!

I think this ESB Vader nails it, little nitpicks aside. Looking at the unboxing video, its the first time besides the coming 1:4 one where i see Vader the character not just a figure of him. To me, thats good enough.

Pretty lame about the dome not having a magnet. Reminds me of the 3 piece helmets Hasbro made for 3 and 3/4 .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does look nice when futzed and posed properly. Some definite upgrades and improvements. I like how red the saber is as compared to pink from the old ones. I also like the cheat box lights and new belt box system. Not enough to make me want to purchase but it is a nice looking figure.

I must have missed this, where did they talk about that? I assumed it was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't understand what they are saying, I just saw the dome fall off a lot during the video when they barley touched it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to cancel my preorder at SS and I'm too late.... payment processing. Thought it wasn't supposed to process until tomorrow.

Wow... people are canceling?

This could be why HT sneakily sent these out so quickly to SS without pictures and videos. They know what they've done.

I wonder if the ToysTV guys got a bad Vader? It looks like there's a slot as usual for a magnet inside their helmet but when they show it there's no magnet there. Could also be a hole to fit over the round thingy on top of Vader's head -- which clearly doesn't hold very well.

Hopefully they'll get their English version up soon.

Lookin at the pics and watching the video made me realize I'm happy enough with my HT ANH Vader. There's not enough here for me to warrant another Vader purchase. But if SS won't let me cancel maybe it'll turn out to be the best 1/6 Vader ever once in hand. I mean, is it really possible to have too many Vaders? He is one of the most iconic villains in film of all time.

Back