1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the different attachment-18.jpg

View attachment 423624
I just want to know how they got those Stormtrooper helmets to sit so low. Pushing the head forward and down can't give you that look. Guess you have to remove the neck peg and have the helmet just resting on the neck.

I bet those are the Han/Luke troopers and it was faster to just take the heads off and rest the helmets on than go through the hassle of inserting the foam peg.

That new video definitely makes the figure look better. Boy, is the back of that head really smooshed lol. Makes me wonder if we'll get a deluxe diorama base for Jedi Vader..or just the same thing we got for Jedi Luke & what'll come with the Emperor. Maybe the deluxe base will be the funeral pyre with light-up flame effects.

I'm new to the HT game, Jedi Luke was my first, Empire Darth will probably be my last for a long time. But I remember people saying how off Luke's sculpt looked from the unboxings and prior to that. Then there was the fat suit debate. Looking at it IRL, it looks perfect. I've no doubt this Vader will look as equally badass IRL. Can't wait to pose them together.

Funnily enough, ESB was on TV and I caught it from when the Falcon's hiding on the Star Destroyer so saw most of the Vader cameo's. I don't watch the films regularly so you forget just how sinister he was, especially in the confrontation with Luke.

"The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet".

lol What's IRL? Well, speaking from a 1/6 collector (since '99)..Luke Jedi is basically flawless to me. Really, very few people had anything negative to say about the head sculpt. It's simply amazing, and most collectors agreed..most. I have no clue why collectors call them 'fat suits'. They're just slightly padded suits..but in no way make the figures look fat or chubby. Now the 3R Hermann Göring is an example of what you call a fat suit!

IRL- In real life. There were definitely a number of people on this forum that we're quite negative about the Luke sculpt in the build up to release, I wouldn't have said it otherwise. My point is that while these unboxings are welcome, it's unfair to give a full assessment until it's in your hand. The Luke sculpt somehow looks even better than the promotional shots and the videos before release. i'm still amazed every time I look at it. I expect Vader will be no different in this respect.

I wonder when AE will get their stock in. Really surprised to see this hit so soon. I was hoping it would have been closer to it's originally announced time frame as paying for this and a deluxe Fett within weeks of each other is going to be a little harsh.

Funnily enough, ESB was on TV and I caught it from when the Falcon's hiding on the Star Destroyer so saw most of the Vader cameo's. I don't watch the films regularly so you forget just how sinister he was, especially in the confrontation with Luke.

"The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet".

ITV2 on a Sunday by any chance?

So are we expecting the ROTJ Vader to pretty much be the same but with full face reveal, cut off arm and a new base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we expecting the ROTJ Vader to pretty much be the same but with full face reveal, cut off arm and a new base?

Probably a 1/6 version of the 1/4 or (hopefully) a DX release with pre and post Luke duel figures.

Probably a 1/6 version of the 1/4 or (hopefully) a DX release with pre and post Luke duel figures.

I'm just trying to see what else they could add. But yes maybe a scuffed up, post Luke AND Emperor electrocuted helmet.

Back