1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All those people who spent so much type modding their first version HT ANH Vader.. all they had to do was wait for this version

?

Not everyone likes their Vader new and shiny. And for those that do, the better question was why bother to purchase the odd RO version?? Full well knowing HT would eventually make this ESB and yet still ROTJ versions. RO is the oddball figure, not the ANH version.

I mean whatever get or keep what you like. If I didn't have a Vader than yes I'd get this. Or maybe one of the other Vaders that might now go down in price.

I just don't see how this really stands out from the others aside from the base (which is amazing to me). I'm getting the 1/4 scale anyways.

The only sixth scale Vader id go for is a Ralph McQuarrie concept Version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got off the phone with sideshow. Apparently there are 3 batches and they will fill orders according to whoever ordered first. Unfortunately I'm on the 3rd batch. Sucks didn't realize Sideshow will be getting theirs the same time as HK. Wonder if this is a new thing sideshow will be doing for future orders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I mean whatever get or keep what you like. If I didn't have a Vader than yes I'd get this. Or maybe one of the other Vaders that might now go down in price.

I just don't see how this really stands out from the others aside from the base (which is amazing to me). I'm getting the 1/4 scale anyways.

The only sixth scale Vader id go for is a Ralph McQuarrie concept Version.

:gah: ...

I so want/wanted that!!! And am still very annoyed SS has neither confirmed it's still a possibility, or they've cancelled it. That would still be a day one preorder for me. I have the Gentle Giant bust at least, and the Hasbro action figures.

As much as I prefer ANH Vader, I'd still like to have a shiny 1/6 version as well. So I think now I might hold onto my preorder just to see how it looks in hand.

And then if it's just not working for me I can sell it when the 1/4 Vader arrives.

Question for you Vader experts:

Are the ANH and RO helmets a tad bit of a mix between ANH and ESB?

I know they are supposed to be ANH in design.

?

Not everyone likes their Vader new and shiny. And for those that do, the better question was why bother to purchase the odd RO version?? Full well knowing HT would eventually make this ESB and yet still ROTJ versions. RO is the oddball figure, not the ANH version.

Ummm you do know that people mostly modded the first Vader because of the dome and lenses and gloves , had nothing to do with shiny or not . The RO fixed all these issues :lecture

I dunno... it's nice, but I think for the time being, I'll just hold onto my nice, shiny R1 as he's gorgeous and if I NEED an ESB/ROTJ version, I can either do a mashup of my SS ROTJ chest box, etc. or see if the HT ESB parts show up in the future on Toy Anxiety. I already switched out his codpiece to the HT ANH version (so he's no longer wearing a big black Pampers). I just can't afford to drop that much on this figure (even though it does look pretty good and his shin greaves appear to fit MUCH better against his boots than the R1 version) at this time, especially with the new Palps coming soon. I cancelled my pre-order through BBTS. If I absolutely find I can't live without it, I'll just score a HT ROTJ version when it drops or even splurge and go for their ROTJ 1/4 version.

Ummm you do know that people mostly modded the first Vader because of the dome and lenses and gloves , had nothing to do with shiny or not . The RO fixed all these issues :lecture

Only those daring and courageous attempted the dome and eyes mod. I don't believe that many actually did those mods. And the lenses are still debated as being so red due to reflection rather than instead of the normal amber. And as far as I know and have seen, the heads and dome of both the ANH v1 & Tarkin v2 are the same as RO, no? I thought only the paint job is different. Shiny vs new. Plus they still never fixed the nose plug issue, which some people modded as well.

For me the RO has more problems. Inaccurate ESB lightsaber handle (whether screen accurate or not since it is wrong when compared to the actual ANH saber handle, that for some reason they included in the Tarkin v2 Vader ??), the inner robe looks odd if placed over the shoulder armor as it should be, the shoulder bells painted black (as again odd and wrong to be included with the v2 Tarkin Vader) and the pleats on the inner robe as well. Whether or not they are actual pleats, or merely folds in the material that HT made into pleats. And of course his diaper crotch piece. Screen accurate or not, looks way too big. Larger chest piece with too small buttons.

Bottom line is, they are all off in one way or another. Which is frustrating in different ways to different people/collectors.

Lol this place. Every time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What never fails : new figure released, come to look at pictures and see thread FLOODED with pictures of people’s customs that are supposed to be “ better”. Half the time I don’t even know what figure I’m looking at — the one in the thread title or the customs. Same with the esb Fett thread.

THERE IS A DEDICATED THREAD FOR YOUR CUSTOMS.

What never fails : new figure released, come to look at pictures and see thread FLOODED with pictures of people’s customs that are supposed to be “ better”. Half the time I don’t even know what figure I’m looking at — the one in the thread title or the customs. Same with the esb Fett thread.

THERE IS A DEDICATED THREAD FOR YOUR CUSTOMS.

People will always compare it with previous models. It's part of this whole collecting game.

Sorry about that. I more or less was trying to convince myself that I don't need ESB Vader by showing pics of my RO mash up. Ugh this stupid addiction. Tempted to sell it to fund ESB version, yes I'm very happy with the one I got but ESB is not only my favorite SW film but my favorite film of all time. And Vader is at his ultimate best in it. Decisions decisions...

Sorry about that. I more or less was trying to convince myself that I don't need ESB Vader by showing pics of my RO mash up. Ugh this stupid addiction. Tempted to sell it to fund ESB version, yes I'm very happy with the one I got but ESB is not only my favorite SW film but my favorite film of all time. And Vader is at his ultimate best in it. Decisions decisions...

Nah man don't apologize. Post anything you want.

ESB is one of my favorites movies. I'd say I'm
More of an ESB fan than a SW fan, if that makes sense.

If you guys like I can show pictures of my modes where I purchased the HT ROTJ jet pack and belt and placed it on to my SS V1 ESB Fett. I can present these images on the HT ESB Vader thread! Its gold....gold Jerry!! Let me know….. :wink1:
Bania.jpg

I really like the RO Vader, but don’t dig the proportions on the chest box or codpiece.

This ESB looks pretty sweet; maybe slightly off in the mouth but not sure off enough to bother me.

It’s a tough call. I love Vader’s low-key, political menace on Mustafar in RO (low-key until he strangles Krennic slightly, anyway).

I love Vader’s turn as a Bond villain in ESB. Both HT figures have something to offer, I feel.

I'm gonna keep my pre-order. It still looks like the best sixth Vader to-date.
I sold my SS Deluxe Vader because I didn't like it. But I think this one is awesome. And I need one to pose with Luke and Palpatine now, not in 2025.
If those mistakes never were mentioned here, I would probably never have noticed them :lol

If the next one turns out much better, I'll just sell this one. Plain and simple.

Exactly, it’s not like I can only buy one Vader ever. If a better one comes out then I’ll just buy that one too. And the one after that, etc. Lol.

My current HT Vader display is ANH Tarkin with SS Vader reveal head displayed right next BUT turned around as it holds the illusion and mystery of Vader’s face. For me this is good enough considering the loose Vader was only $210 on eBay. We will wait and see when ROTJ is revealed how I feel but honestly if you own one HT 1/6 Vader you own them all!! 10FDACED-DD35-46EA-8157-CF5B8757E3D5.jpg

Back