1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing. And thank God for that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
We can debate on what someone's preference is I guess..but it doesn't change the fact that it's the least accurate....by a looooong shot. lol - just to be clear, I'm referring it in hand images of the HT ESB Vader. Prototype definitely looked better, and I think it would have been damn near perfect if the final product looked that way, but with the corrected flat widow's peak.
This is the first 1:6 Vader where I see "Vader" looking at it, not a figure of Vader. Gotta disagree!
Yeah, I wish I could see that, I genuinely do. I'm sure I will once they release the Jedi version. Who knows, once the reviews and pics start coming out, I might see more of Vader in it.

This is serious regression, same with Chewie. I think head sculpt on this Vader looks horrendous lol. Like 'Hasbro got it waaaay better' bad. I'm a ANH Vader guy myself, and I know of course most ppl prefer the other two shinier/cleaner looks....but preference shouldn't have anything to do with how accurate or inaccurate the company got it. This is just the weakest of the 3 Vader's so far; as far as mask/dome accuracy.
K

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking at it I still think it's the best 1:6 Vader ever. The few pics where it looks off might be due to lighting

I think the loose helmet is when it's not pushed in place properly .You can see at 3.21 in the unboxing they push it all the way in and you can HEAR it snapping in place

I’m sure this will look plenty nice in hand. Vader needs futzing and lots of adjusting of all the moving parts, now more than ever with the loose dome. Have to say it is tempting to have a proper ESB version to boss the Snowtroopers around. But budget and space are telling me to wait it out. Looking forward to real pics.

I'm not sure why the production pics all look so underwhelming to me, when the proto had the same helmet issues but still managed to look a lot cooler. And I don't see any difference between the two other than the proto having more heavily weathered chest armor. I guess it just comes down to the more movie-accurate lighting.

Regardless, it's shots like these that make me still hold onto my order and give this figure a chance.

ggjjl;;;.JPG
tuiii.JPG

Screenshot_2018-08-20-23-45-04-1.jpgScreenshot_2018-08-20-23-41-17~2-1.jpg
Don't know why they filmed the unboxing with an old flip phone, but this is the best shot I got of the head. At first I just thought the eyes seemed really odd looking (like a gray alien); but as ppl pointed out, I guess the mask gap is making the whole lower section of the mask look really big.

So I have to take into account the very low-res video quality. Even with the mask gap, I'm sure it'll end up being a stellar piece and look WAY better than this video (of course) and even those pics released prior to the video.

After collectors get their hands on it, it might actually end up looking more like Vader than ANH Vader. So I hope to be proven wrong with my previous statements. Definitely want my fellow Star Wars collectors to be pleased. lol - might even end up buying it instead of waiting for the Jedi one. I bet this one will skyrocket in price more than the RO version. Ehhh....I'm kinda thinkin' I should go a head and order.

Not one of those HK bloggers knows how Vader wore his outfit in ESB. :lol

It will look better when someone who knows what they're doing gets this in hand.

I'm eager to know if they are still using the oversized body or if they actually corrected the height. No comparisons of this with other figures to tell.

Not one of those HK bloggers knows how Vader wore his outfit in ESB. :lol

It will look better when someone who knows what they're doing gets this in hand.

I'm eager to know if they are still using the oversized body or if they actually corrected the height. No comparisons of this with other figures to tell.
Damn right. When I saw the robe OVER the belt, I was like...oh my god, are you ****ing kidding me?!

I believe the other day someone mentioned it's listed as 13.77" tall; which would just about fall in line with the extra tall RO version..but I'd love for it to actually be 13". So tired if this idea that Vader is almost Chewie's height. I believe Prowse in his prime was a legit 6' 4" and maybe 6' 6" in the costume (looked at most that height). 2.02m is the official Vader listing, so that's 6' 7.5". But definitely exaggerated, like pro wrestlers and most all celebrities. For that matter, Prowse once claimed 6' 7" lol

Man that video has me salivating. Need this one immediately. Supposedly sideshow is charging me tomorrow so I’m guessing I have him by end of the week? Lol

Damn right. When I saw the robe OVER the belt, I was like...oh my god, are you ****ing kidding me?!

I believe the other day someone mentioned it's listed as 13.77" tall; which would just about fall in line with the extra tall RO version..

:lol

I never really trust those specs from HT... not sure why, but 13.77" is too tall again. How hard is 13.25" to hit. :lol Anyway, slightly bent knees is a simple fix.

I keep watching that damn video and flipping thru the pics... I don't know why I'm so underwhelmed. It really does look the same as the proto pics. The proto is futzed better is all. I can't believe they left the widow's peak on though. That's silly. You know they fixed it already for the next one. You just know they did.

Pretty sure DX Jedi Vader will be previewed around Christmas. Especially if more and more people cancel on this one.

Happy with mine ANH Vader V2, but still excited to see coming pics of this shiny Vader from people here.

One does not simply just have one Vader in their SW collection ... but ESB is not the second Vader in this case for me :lol

meme.jpg

You much have three Vaders: rough ANH ... elegant ESB ... and finally ROTJ for the reveal.

Without all three Vaders, its like having an Infinity gauntlet with only 5 stones.

Back