1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched the video holy crap it looks so good. I hope SS gets this soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm gonna keep my pre-order. It still looks like the best sixth Vader to-date.
I sold my SS Deluxe Vader because I didn't like it. But I think this one is awesome. And I need one to pose with Luke and Palpatine now, not in 2025.
If those mistakes never were mentioned here, I would probably never have noticed them :lol

If the next one turns out much better, I'll just sell this one. Plain and simple.

I'm gonna keep my pre-order. It still looks like the best sixth Vader to-date.
I sold my SS Deluxe Vader because I didn't like it. But I think this one is awesome. And I need one to pose with Luke and Palpatine now, not in 2025.
If those mistakes never were mentioned here, I would probably never have noticed them :lol

If the next one turns out much better, I'll just sell this one. Plain and simple.

Yes, it looks like the best 1/6 Vader out there so far. Forums like this are good for pointing out areas of improvement though (like Black Panther figure needs a bigger bulge :lecture.)

I think I'll stick with my Rogue One/ ANH version 2 mash up. I have both helmets (one for the original beat up look, one for glossy), both tunics (hate hate hate pleats in his tunic, not accurate to any Vader that I can think of). I may spring for his gloves so I can have a pseudo Empire Vader. I just cannot justify the money when I am really happy with this Vader. I hope the stupid part of my brain doesn't kick in and say I need Empire Vader....
c01f9c83e7a9aaf342412150c89c133d.jpg
e0a2b652763a7b5547fe625946d95588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it looks like the best 1/6 Vader out there so far. Forums like this are good for pointing out areas of improvement though (like Black Panther figure needs a bigger bulge :lecture.)

Yeah no doubt. It's important to realize the mistakes and try to improve continuously. Or there will be no progress...

It looks good enough so I'll buy it.
no news from KG hobbies where I pre-ordered it and paid 20% already

My only worry is the ability to place the dome correctly since it looks very loose .Maybe it is a magnet after all though since it looks like a metal part holding it

It looks good enough so I'll buy it.
no news from KG hobbies where I pre-ordered it and paid 20% already

My only worry is the ability to place the dome correctly since it looks very loose .Maybe it is a magnet after all though since it looks like a metal part holding it
They normally receive stock 5/6 weeks after the Hong Kong release. I originally thought they'd get it the same time, so it's a heads up to get the other 80% ready next month.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Every newer version of a HT figure is "THE BEST".... :lol

Collectors and their phobias/rationalizations.. Must.... Have.... The.... Best... :wink1:

And the other side... "The one I own is THE BEST!".

I like to keep them all. That's my problem. I know if I buy a new one to upgrade I'll think "It's cool to have them side by side to see the progression...":cuckoo:

I haven't sold any. Even my old out dated original HT Iron Man MK2 & MK3BD...

Looks really nice, but like the RO version I don't feel I NEED it. I'd love to have all the HT Vader's on my shelf, but too pricey with wanting other SW figures and of course space.

My favorite Vader version is ANH, which I have (v1 with v2 gloves & boots). And since the ESB is nearly identical to ROTJ, I feel I should just wait since that will have a full reveal headsculpt. The base is cool, but not something I'd use and it would just stay in the box. I have enough SS rewards to get either ESB Vader or ESB Deluxe Fett for just about free. Was waiting to see final production pics of this guy. I think you get more for your money with Fett.

Still undecided. :dunno

At this point I’m going with a pass on it, pretty much for all the points you mentioned.

Prices are too high and with other desired characters, space is limited to have multiple Vaders. Ideally, I think ANH Tarkin, ESB Vader and RotJ Emperor would make for the perfect triumvirate of the main OT antagonists from each respective film. And ESB is my favorite SW film. However, ANH Vader is my favorite look for Vader and already having the majority of the ANH cast of characters, it’d look incomplete without Vader.

I’m content with having ANH Vader as being my sole Vader.

I think I'll stick with my Rogue One/ ANH version 2 mash up. I have both helmets (one for the original beat up look, one for glossy), both tunics (hate hate hate pleats in his tunic, not accurate to any Vader that I can think of). I may spring for his gloves so I can have a pseudo Empire Vader. I just cannot justify the money when I am really happy with this Vader. I hope the stupid part of my brain doesn't kick in and say I need Empire Vader....
c01f9c83e7a9aaf342412150c89c133d.jpg
e0a2b652763a7b5547fe625946d95588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking really good! I wish I would have pulled the trigger to the R1 Vader back then. Now the prices on the bay are sky high (all past HT Vaders actually)...

At this point I’m going with a pass on it, pretty much for all the points you mentioned.

Prices are too high and with other desired characters, space is limited to have multiple Vaders. Ideally, I think ANH Tarkin, ESB Vader and RotJ Emperor would make for the perfect triumvirate of the main OT antagonists from each respective film. And ESB is my favorite SW film. However, ANH Vader is my favorite look for Vader and already having the majority of the ANH cast of characters, it’d look incomplete without Vader.

I’m content with having ANH Vader as being my sole Vader.

If I only had/could have 1 it would be my HT ANH Vader with v2 upgrades as for me as well. For me it's the most iconic and unforgettable look, when he strolls onto the Tantive IV in the openining of ANH with beat up armor. Like everything else in the OT. Worn and used. That's the scene/version of Vader forever seared into my brain...

Like is said in my other post, I do have others. I still have the original SS ANH Vader & the SS ESB/ROTJ Deluxe Vader. So I technically have all versions covered. I even have the original Medicom ROTJ Vader. Which I still have never opened and removed from the box.... :slap

I like having all the versions. It was tough to pass on the RO, but I new I didn't need it. I will get the ROTJ version though when HT makes it. I want the 1/4 scale HT Vader real bad, but between the price and wondering if they'd do a 1/4 scale ANH Vader has me willing to wait.

All those people who spent so much type modding their first version HT ANH Vader.. all they had to do was wait for this version

I passed on R1 Vader because of the (screen accurate) hockeypad crotch piece. Glad I waited for this version, looks so good on video and these look better inhand.

Dont care about the TINY peak or pleats or tusk seams, rotj version might fix those but its too glossy for me and I prefer esb mask and dome... ship already :lol

Back