1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

It's not from a catalog but your right to reserve judgment. One photo is not the good enough to full judge a figure. I think it looks great. The proto head for Tdw Thor had this closed mouth sculpt so I think maybe that's the one they used as a base. And no, I don't have any photos of that proto head. I thought I took a few but can't seem to find them. I'll try and dig them up. Anyway...

I think it looks pretty good myself. The recreated first battle scene in the woods makes him look great.

image.jpg

Not according to the article

Which the above photo and the other on this page are from. In same issue

Regardless of what the article says that is clearly TDW sculpt. You can even see the open mouth.

That's the TDW sculpt.

Yeah, that poster-style promo pic must have been shot before the AOU sculpt was finished.

There's another one like that going around with pretty much every figure in the line except AOU Thor and Quicksilver. They're probably absent for the same reason.

Yeah that pic has been floating around the net for a little while now - Hot Toys put it up as their cover photo on facebook in early May. I prefer Jingobell's because he had Cap on a bike ... not to mention Spidey and Wolvie ha

ca1cd6002b7f9e440c3ace1664035527.jpg

Yeah that pic has been floating around the net for a little while now - Hot Toys put it up as their cover photo on facebook in early May. I prefer Jingobell's because he had Cap on a bike ... not to mention Spidey and Wolvie ha

ca1cd6002b7f9e440c3ace1664035527.jpg

Wow :drool that is incredible!!!!!

In the end, I feel it's a step backwards from TDW Thor, which was a perfect headsculpt. It's not terrible though! It's not like it's not Hemsworth anymore, and hell, we all know Secret Base pictures will probably make him look even better.

I mean really, if you love everything he comes with, you can't go wrong really! A step backwards from a pretty much spot on sculpt is still a good sculpt! And I LOVE that lightning effect on his hammer! That's beautiful!

All in all, I think if you were waiting for this Thor and you prefer this costume, you can't really go wrong. They've actually done a really good job with Thor right from the start, unlike Downey Jr. who took over a handful to get perfected!

Weird looking sculpt. TDW version is better for sure. The only neat thing on this figure is the LED hammer.

18546739283_7e9a220685_b.jpg

Looks really good. I'm really surprised HT did a new sculpt when they could've easily just did a repaint. Excellent upgrade all around from the Dark World release.

Looks pretty good to me, but since I have the version from The Dark World this one's a pass for me.

Sculpt looks spot on to me, just not big on the expression chosen again.

New Meow Meow is neat.

Rubber arms are terribad.

Ultron sentry pic is awesome.

Looks really good. I'm really surprised HT did a new sculpt when they could've easily just did a repaint. Excellent upgrade all around from the Dark World release.

It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste, but I'd say a solid alternate option would be a better choice of words over excellent upgrade. I don't think this is an upgrade over what they nailed with TDW, but for those who missed out, this definitely looks to be a good alternative!

4897011175621h.jpg

But again, that's my opinion. If you love it, that's all that really matters! :)

Weird looking sculpt. TDW version is better for sure. The only neat thing on this figure is the LED hammer.

18546739283_7e9a220685_b.jpg

I'm guessing this is one of those terribad photoshop pictures that made me almost pass on Hawkeye. I mentioned it before in another thread, but Hawkeye looked horrible in the promo shots...and just like him, I think this one will look better once Secret Base shots are revealed of the figure in natural lighting. Once I saw Hawkeye at Secret Base he was an insta-PO.

In fact, scanning over all the pictures again, I'd say that once he's shown at Secret Base a lot of people will like him more. I think some of the off shots are just angles and such. I'm pretty sure the headsculpt will be a lot closer to Hemsworth once we see those -- and it's pretty spot on in quite a few of these shots!

Like I said, they nailed Hemsworth's likeness on the second attempt, and now they just need to make sure they don't ruin it. It'll all be small adjustments moving forward, or maybe a slightly different expression.

Looks great but like others on here i have The Avengers and TDW light Armor Thor so i can't see ever buying another.

I'm guessing this is one of those terribad photoshop pictures that made me almost pass on Hawkeye. I mentioned it before in another thread, but Hawkeye looked horrible in the promo shots...and just like him, I think this one will look better once Secret Base shots are revealed of the figure in natural lighting. Once I saw Hawkeye at Secret Base he was an insta-PO.
It probably will look better once JC posts a picture of the sculpt but it seems off compared to TDW version.

It's mostly his expression. Makes every pose look awkward since it looks like he's standing there questioning his existence or something.

Back