1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

It probably will look better once JC posts a picture of the sculpt but it seems off compared to TDW version.

It's mostly his expression. Makes every pose look awkward since it looks like he's standing there questioning his existence or something.

Yeah, TDW Thor has a better expression, even if it's just slightly less void than most! And who knows, after that lightning bath, I'm sure he does have a lot on his mind. Maybe he posed for this sculpt after that! :lol

2015-01-12_22_20_19.0.gif

Again, I think it's all angles and photoshop though. The more I look at all the pics, the more I think it's really good looking piece. The straight on shots look pretty spot on, and I think they'll only look better when we see the non-promo pics in a day or two.

11201843_10152901683827344_4992384776893431412_n.jpg

I already have TDW Thor, so I'm happy with that and don't need another one; but if I didn't have TDW Thor, I'd probably be ready to PO this as soon as it goes up.

Plus, the lightning effect is pretty dang cool! :)

10984571_10152901683572344_8232928351538760811_n.jpg

What does the augemented reality app really do? Dont tell me its just a way to jack up the price? :lol

Finally!

First post edited to include official promo pictures :)

What does the augemented reality app really do? Dont tell me its just a way to jack up the price? :lol

"Furthermore, a specially designed 3D augmented reality (AR) app has been developed and will soon be available on iOS and Android devices to interact with the Thor collectible figure! With the use of the app, fans can explore and take photo of the striking 3D scene where a number of Ultron Prime’s dangerous sentries are swarming to attack the Asgardian prince!"

I think its just a fancy photo app

Weird looking sculpt. TDW version is better for sure. The only neat thing on this figure is the LED hammer.

18546739283_7e9a220685_b.jpg

He's got Gary Sinise eyes here. They're way off. The rest of the face is good.

I wasn't gonna bother with this but that augmented reality app has made me reconsider!

...said no-one ever.

I'M not pretty sure to buy a loose head but I'll definetly buy a pair of improved boots.

So there are 2 Mjolnirs included this time? Also they should have included an alternate roaring headsculpt.

Looks like Paul Walker, TDW sculpt was much better. So far, only Captain America has surpassed his predecessors.

The team's almost complete.

293algg.jpg

I see Paul walker too. I'm sure they'll tweak it before release.

I think it looks good. TDW version still will be the best but I'm getting this one. I love the light up hammer and the app idea is neat. Those arms... Ugh. Other then the arms it'll be good and the head sculpt will be tweaked. At least it's new and not a rehash.

Looks better here.

2056yir.png

I really like this one. And we know why it took so long. Lots of updates this go round. I was probably going to pick him up either way, as I have all the other Thor's so why stop now...but now it's a no brainer. Really like the light up meow meow. That's a pretty wicked looking hammer. Gonna probably need to pick up a second head to mod for a helmet. Again. But given he didn't wear it in the movie I didn't expect it.

This figure with the first Thor hammer base and the LA TDW rock base and I've got the best Thor to date. Finish up my throne eventually and he's all set up.

I have all the other Thor's so why stop now...

I know there are a lot of collectors with a thing for Cap, but personally, if there was one Avenger I'd collect multiples of (aside from Iron Man of course), it would be Thor over Cap... In an effort to stay minimalist, I'm quite happy with my TDW by itself though (for now...)

I know there are a lot of collectors with a thing for Cap, but personally, if there was one Avenger I'd collect multiples of (aside from Iron Man of course), it would be Thor over Cap... In an effort to stay minimalist, I'm quite happy with my TDW by itself though (for now...)

-2011 Thor is very underwhelming. 7/10

-Avengers Thor is great body-wise, sculpt lacks but is better than the 2011 sculpt. 8/10

-Thor: TDW is excellent. 9/10

-AOU Thor looks good but the eyes are off (for now). 8.5/10

Back