1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email that my last flex payment got pushed back to February to coincide with the expected delay of shipment. Boooooooooooo.....

A February release in the states feels generous at this point. Vision would have to come out overseas like right now in order for the U.S. to get it in Feb.

So is this the same on or a new one with a different name plate? 37fae928b4e9d43e2457bcf22293c407.jpgfa07a6929ed2fd7d827aef846d2b2121.jpg

The Avengers version is not even out so I would guess the same with a different name plate and maybe something extra to make you want to spend another $200

The avengers one being out doesn't mean this is the same.

The one at toy soul says it's the CW version. It looks like there's a few slight changes. Like with Aou cap and CW cap. Small stuff.

Looks exactly the same to me, unless the green is darker. I see no glaring differences in comparison, but the pictures are kinda dark.

This is very dumb, they need to tackle these releases before jumping on the next one if they gonna redo the same character twice, the fact the Avengers one isn't even out yet and now they have this one soon to be on the market makes no sense.

The avengers one being out doesn't mean this is the same.

The one at toy soul says it's the CW version. It looks like there's a few slight changes. Like with Aou cap and CW cap. Small stuff.

If there are subtle differences, will it be something big enough for some to prefer one version over the other? Also, will there be any improvements in how it is made? Hard to answer this when the AOU one hasn't even been released though. My guess is they are using the AOU one here has a "prototype" in the same way they used the DW LA Thor with slightly different paint as an early convention prototype for AOU Thor.

This is very dumb, they need to tackle these releases before jumping on the next one if they gonna redo the same character twice, the fact the Avengers one isn't even out yet and now they have this one soon to be on the market makes no sense.

My guess is that CW Vision will be released after other Civil War figures and could be as late as a year away from now. I also wonder, especially now that it seems like they are almost exactly the same, if the run on the original Vision will be smaller knowing they will essentially be reselling the same figure with a different stand down the road.

I have been trying to see a difference but don't see it. I would imagine this version will come with cooler accessories though.

Let's not forget the difference between what we sometimes see at a show vs the actual release. Age of Ultron Thor is completely different to the 'sneak' photos we got..

I'd be surprised if a whole new head sculpt is developed for this Vision, unlike the AoU Thor version.

It might come down to people wanting all matching stands.

I think I'll stick with AoU version and have a plain dynamic stand to use if I want him displayed with the CW teams.

Back