1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there are subtle differences, will it be something big enough for some to prefer one version over the other? Also, will there be any improvements in how it is made? Hard to answer this when the AOU one hasn't even been released though. My guess is they are using the AOU one here has a "prototype" in the same way they used the DW LA Thor with slightly different paint as an early convention prototype for AOU Thor.

My guess is that CW Vision will be released after other Civil War figures and could be as late as a year away from now. I also wonder, especially now that it seems like they are almost exactly the same, if the run on the original Vision will be smaller knowing they will essentially be reselling the same figure with a different stand down the road.

I don't know how it will vary from the Aou version. As neither is out and one we have not seen. But it's not the same prototype. You can see changes.

Left is CW right is Aou.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the differences... I suppose the next question would be if the AoU proto is actually screen accurate or not... I only want one Vision, and I could care less if he comes with Mjolnir, but I want the one thats closest to screen accurate. I remember the first protos for the AoU version were off a bit. At least the head was.

The initial prototype for Aou was pretty bad actually. They used a modded robocop civil head. So the original proto head shown and used for photos wasn't very close. But the one that is being used for production, and the one from the above side by side is very very close to perfect. And to be screen accurate and theme accurate the hammer is really a must. So as it stands right now, without knowing what the CW version may come with, or if there's a second costume, I would take the Aou version. For that price, throw on a monthly coupon..it's a pretty good deal. 200 bucks. I'll get both becuase in an idiot "gotta have them all" collector. Lol but right now, if I was choosing, it would be the Aou. Plus it's a first appearance. Those tend to hold up value wise.

It's the newer one. Pretty much what the production piece will look like.

The difference between the first prototype and the CW prototype is irrelevant, the question is how different is the CW prototype is from this?

The difference between the first prototype and the CW prototype is irrelevant, the question is how different is the CW prototype is from this?

It may be irrelevant to you, but he SPECIFICALLY asked if the sdcc prototype, which was the Aou version and the only version announced at that time, was the old prototype or a newer one. So no, it wasn't irrelavent to the actual question asked.

And further, I answered your question on the top of this page. And the page before. And I even went so far so to post the two prototypes (the new Aou and the new CW) side by side and circled a few of the differences.

Far left initial proto. Middle sdcc (and production base) proto. Far right new CW proto

The far left old proto has a lot of difference between the newer proto from Aou. And thus from the CW proto. Ears, eyes, mouth, chin, collar, cape attachment ect.

The difference between the Aou and CW is small. But enough to notice if you take the time. Eyes are softened (the sockets and bones around them) the collar has a few changes. Check the side by side on the post I did before where I circled four or five differences between the final Aou proto and the initial (shown at toy soul 2015) CW proto.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

It may be irrelevant to you, but he SPECIFICALLY asked if the sdcc prototype, which was the Aou version and the only version announced at that time, was the old prototype or a newer one. So no, it wasn't irrelavent to the actual question asked

My comment was never meant to imply that you didn't answer a specific question accurately or that you were not being helpful to the person asking in doing so. My point about it being "irrelevant" is only that after they moved on from the original prototype of the AOU version to a more production ready prototype of the AOU version it doesn't do much good to compare the CW prototype to the first AOU prototype if you are trying to get an idea about what the potential differences may be between the AOU and CW production pieces. Of course nothing is certain until they both come out and ship, but it seems reasonable that the most relevant information in terms of comparing how the two might actually turn out in the end would be to compare the most recent versions of each rather than versions HT already moved on from.

Of course, looking at the original AOU prototype may be relevant in terms of someones' interest and general curiosity about differences that take place as these things develop. I have no problem with this, but I thought the context of the conversation was one that was trying to figure out what differences there may be in the product in the end.

Perhaps, I misunderstood what was going on, or what prototype what which. Again though, my use the word "irrelevant" wasn't intended as a criticism of how you answered questions but rather commentary on how useful an out of date prototype is in determining potential differences in production pieces when there is an updated prototype closer to production available. Doesn't the newer AOU prototype render the previous AOU prototype irrelevant in terms of giving us the best idea of what the final product will look like?

If I am not getting it - sorry.

And further, I answered your question on the top of this page. And the page before. And I even went so far so to post the two prototypes (the new Aou and the new CW) side by side and circled a few of the differences.

Thanks, I hadn't posted in this thread in a while, and I forgot what I had even asked. I'll check it out. Thanks for answering my question.

Far left initial proto. Middle sdcc (and production base) proto. Far right new CW proto

The far left old proto has a lot of difference between the newer proto from Aou. And thus from the CW proto. Ears, eyes, mouth, chin, collar, cape attachment ect.

The difference between the Aou and CW is small. But enough to notice if you take the time. Eyes are softened (the sockets and bones around them) the collar has a few changes. Check the side by side on the post I did before where I circled four or five differences between the final Aou proto and the initial (shown at toy soul 2015) CW proto.

View attachment 233495

View attachment 233494

Thank You.

I don't know how it will vary from the Aou version. As neither is out and one we have not seen. But it's not the same prototype. You can see changes.

Left is CW right is Aou.

View attachment 231114

Thanks for this. Just for clarification is the AOU prototype shown the newest one closest to the production version?

So far, these subtle differences don't make me want one over the other. The cape on the figure worries me some and if the CW version does a better job that might matter to me. Or, if they make the gem in his head light up that would also be a difference that would make me want the CW version. Otherwise I think I'll go with the AOU one because I like the base and is his first appearance.

Thanks for this. Just for clarification is the AOU prototype shown the newest one closest to the production version?

So far, these subtle differences don't make me want one over the other. The cape on the figure worries me some and if the CW version does a better job that might matter to me. Or, if they make the gem in his head light up that would also be a difference that would make me want the CW version. Otherwise I think I'll go with the AOU one because I like the base and is his first appearance.

Yes it is. That middle picture is pretty much what the production figure looks like. Not as metallic, as that's partly the lighting. But otherwise, the same.
I can't tell if its because of the way the figure is posed, but it also appears that the shoulder parts of the cape setup sit a bit more flush with the shoulders, where the AoU version sits kinda high off the shoulders.

It may just be the pose. I couldn't tell in person so if it's different it's small.

Back