1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, he looks fantastic.

image.jpg

My only concern is the neck. I hope it's not a soft plastic. Because if it is color fading issue is inevitable.

Becuase the common neck fade issue?(not really a thing) Which I've never heard of. 400 releases and not a single one has this issue. But sure.

Because of the apparent fade issues on the older Iron Men. Not that hard to figure out what he meant.

I know what he meant. But every single figure has a neck. And not a single one, ever, has had this issue. So, it's a completly made up problem. Thor, Cap, iron man stark heads, superman, batman, Leon, coulson, fury, Hawkeye, black widow, kyle Reece, terminator....all have plastic necks. Not one has this issue. Again..completly made up problem based on mistaken belief. The iron man pink panties wasn't "soft plastic" but a rubber/vinyl material. Outside of those few figures it's not an issue on other figures. And I've never heard it being an issue on any neck.

There are paint rubs on neck though. Like the hulk's. Hot toys always suggests to lift the head before turning the head to avoid those issues. Wise advice indeed.

Don't recall a neck fading issue, but the Mk 3's may have. Would have to check old pics buried somewhere to confirm but it's possible. That being said, it would be extremely rare and definitely not 'inevitable' as the initial poster commented.

You are correct, it is possible. But pretty much anything is. I just don't see the point "worrying" about something that's never been documented as an actual problem, on a figure that's not even out. It's like every day someone's "worried" about the rubber or fade and 95% of them have never actually had a problem, or only had it once five years ago. There's ten times more talk then actual problems. But all the talk leads to new people complaining about an issue that probably isn't actually an issue.

You are correct, it is possible. But pretty much anything is. I just don't see the point "worrying" about something that's never been documented as an actual problem, on a figure that's not even out. It's like every day someone's "worried" about the rubber or fade and 95% of them have never actually had a problem, or only had it once five years ago. There's ten times more talk then actual problems. But all the talk leads to new people complaining about an issue that probably isn't actually an issue.

Agreed 100% but I say let them complain and/or worry. These collectibles have steadily risen in popularity, price and quantity. I'd hate to see HT go the way of Hasbro.

does look good but is it me or are his feet about 1/2" too long? Could be the angle of the shot. ??? Other than that, I just hope it doesnt have a neck fading issue ;)

True that. I rather be worried about pleather or lousy quality leather like jackets that break after months in storage. Heh. Hot toys only real issues are breaking pegs and crooked stars.

True that. I rather be worried about pleather or lousy quality leather like jackets that break after months in storage. Heh. Hot toys only real issues are breaking pegs and crooked stars.

Yeah the only issue I've had with hot toys is those. Hellboy jacket and a few ankles.

Back