1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps someone can enlighten me. I keep seeing comments like, "its the prototype I'm not worried," in response to sculpts, colors, etc. of something that may be a bit off with a figure. Can someone share a time when something was 'off' with a prototype and what was delivered was a revised version of what the community disliked? Conceptional designs do not count. I'm talking hard copy prototypes to the consumer product.

In my mind, the molds are already made. Color pallet already selected. Fabrics and other materials chosen. Essentially, the prototype is exactly what you are going to get with your final product because all the final design decisions have been made. Prototype is there just to give the consumer an idea of what to expect while protecting the company for any small discrepancies that may occur during the mass production process. I'm also assuming when they are mass produced, parts come from different companies so again, the prototype and consumer version will vary slightly. Prototype doesn't mean Hot Toys is there eagerly awaiting your feedback to make drastic changes that cost lots of money.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me. I keep seeing comments like, "its the prototype I'm not worried," in response to sculpts, colors, etc. of something that may be a bit off with a figure. Can someone share a time when something was 'off' with a prototype and what was delivered was a revised version of what the community disliked? Conceptional designs do not count. I'm talking hard copy prototypes to the consumer product.

In my mind, the molds are already made. Color pallet already selected. Fabrics and other materials chosen. Essentially, the prototype is exactly what you are going to get with your final product because all the final design decisions have been made. Prototype is there just to give the consumer an idea of what to expect while protecting the company for any small discrepancies that may occur during the mass production process. I'm also assuming when they are mass produced, parts come from different companies so again, the prototype and consumer version will vary slightly. Prototype doesn't mean Hot Toys is there eagerly awaiting your feedback to make drastic changes that cost lots of money.

No, the prototype is not always final. Most of the time it is a 1:1 (maybe a few versions of it) hand built item. Often it doesn't even have articulation yet, just parts that are tacked on. Notice the disclaimer on prototypes that this figure is pending approval and may be changed. (I have not looked much at this figure yet so I am unsure but that's the standard approach). It can change.

Figures like arkham batman, ams2, drax, and others have all had differences between proto and final. Most figures have minor differences. Going from a 1:1 hand built and painted figure by a master to a mass produced figure

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details can subject to change without further notice

That's the disclaimer.

Well...they did change the material on the ASM2 Spidey from Proto to final product. So I actually might wait to pre order this one.

Is it guaranteed that he'll get a figure in Civil War? Probably but if they do I hope thy improve on this Proto.

the material covering his body makes it look like a cheap toy LOL

Looks just like the MoS material and that didn't feel cheap in-hand.

Is it the same body too though?
review_htmossuperman_1.jpg
vision0008.jpg

I want to know if this figure is going to have the right chest. In the move it looks like he has armor on his chest under the suit. Its more angular than a regular human chest. It's defined unlike with this figure. Well I can kind of see angles there in the pic above but thats it. And I can't find a shot in the movie to help show what I'm talking about.

The figure looks great. Vision was pretty coo in AOU but he never really resonated with me so this is an easy pass, despite looking awesome. Cool for any completists though!

Agree. I noticed the same thing as well when compared to the movie. The figure here is sorely lacking any sort of clear chest definition.

I want to know if this figure is going to have the right chest. In the move it looks like he has armor on his chest under the suit. Its more angular than a regular human chest. It's defined unlike with this figure. Well I can kind of see angles there in the pic above but thats it. And I can't find a shot in the movie to help show what I'm talking about.

The cape looks really good and overall a cool figure. Feels a little bit of a bare bones release however. Hopefully priced reasonably. I really wish we could have got a little yellow ingot though. I know it would have been small but would have been nice to get the 4th gem to put with the others. Here's hoping for an exclusive item.

Looks like the same body to me...

Also to add to the whole prototype discussion, yes the ASM2 Proto fabric was very different from the final release.

I think it looks pretty good. I'm not a fan of the separate head and neck. They should be one piece to keep the colors and lines together. But overall, pretty darn cool. I had no desire for it, but congrats to all of you who have been waiting for this.

The biggest problem I have with it is that they have the design on his neck too far up. Combined with the ears that stick out too much, it gives the impression he's wearing a bonnet, tied with a bow underneath.

Or an old woman with a headscarf:

View attachment 185091

:lol :rotfl

The head sculpt does seem a bit off but hopefully will be tweaked a bit. Still so pumped for this one hopefully the price will be reasonable!

I agree, it's slightly off but I'm sure HT will tweak it before release. I like it, still a really good looking figure though and I will deffo be adding it to my collection.

Back