1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Vision

I think you're either insane or born in the 21st century.

(Or you're just straight-up trolling since you haven't even seen the film yet.)

Yikes Gully, none of the above. I love both practical and cgi effects when they are done right for the right situation. Not everything practical or cgi is all good or all bad. Do studios rely on cgi too heavily now? Yes, yes they do. But are there awesome applications and examples of cgi effects? Yes, yes there are. And I have not seen the film yet so I'm only going off of stills and I said that. But looking at the live pics below it just looks too much like obvious make-up to me on his face and hands. Like I said before, I wish they would have continued the face appliances onto the nose and around the mouth. And on the hands too.
The reason I thought cgi might work in this case is because the vision is a synthetic life form and his movements looking not quite human might actually be a plus in this one case. And his eyes look too human now. Look at that last concept art pic.
Why did they change it from that? It looked a whole lot better.

A_AoU_4-27-15_10.jpgVision_Avengers_Age_of_ultron.jpgB87ur5KCQAAh1fg.jpg

Yikes Gully, none of the above. I love both practical and cgi effects when they are done right for the right situation. Not everything practical or cgi is all good or all bad. Do studios rely on cgi too heavily now? Yes, yes they do. But are there awesome applications and examples of cgi effects? Yes, yes there are. And I have not seen the film yet so I'm only going off of stills and I said that. But looking at the live pics below it just looks too much like obvious make-up to me on his face and hands. Like I said before, I wish they would have continued the face appliances onto the nose and around the mouth. And on the hands too.
The reason I thought cgi might work in this case is because the vision is a synthetic life form and his movements looking not quite human might actually be a plus in this one case. And his eyes look too human now. Look at that last concept art pic.
Why did they change it from that? It looked a whole lot better.

I think I'm happier with the way he looked in the film honestly, especially with the sort of angle they went for with Vision and how it specifically ties into Ultron's story. His body language felt inhuman without feeling alien, and his human eyes emanated a certain a level of focus and calmness that really seemed to match his charming personality.

I don't think I would've liked Vision much if he looked like the concept art.

I think I'm happier with the way he looked in the film honestly, especially with the sort of angle they went for with Vision and how it specifically ties into Ultron's story. His body language felt inhuman without feeling alien, and his human eyes emanated a certain a level of focus and calmness that really seemed to match his charming personality.

:goodpost:
I also thought he was portrayed well. Bettany does an amazing job as do the FX team.... I really liked the character and his scenes, especially the action ones, amazing

I'm glad everyone thinks it worked out well in the movie. I'm sure I'll be happy with it too once I get to see it in motion on the big screen. I'm starting to get more hyped up he closer we get to the weekend!

I'm starting to get more hyped up he closer we get to the weekend!

I'm so ready. I found a place that's playing it tomorrow afternoon and absolutely nothing will stop me from seeing it. :D

I'm so ready. I found a place that's playing it tomorrow afternoon and absolutely nothing will stop me from seeing it. :D

Even if RDJ and Chris E told you to stay home cuz they'll visit your house?

Do not read spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet!

Seriously don't!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Do not read spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet!

Seriously don't!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was wondering about this as well! :hi5:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back