1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

I'm not either.

I paid $308 shipped for the HT Tumbler.

Solidarity.gif

The only thing that would be cool is to have a a little 6" Loki PVC to throw around. that came with him. :wink1:

Well, the version of Loki coming out in December is the one that should fit with him, to toss around like a rag doll. He's 12ish inches tall!

HT Hulk is the final piece to complete the team
just like in the movie :rock

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8cK_15EDcM[/ame]

Just curious, and this obviously isn't the prime forum to be asking about Barbies, but Barbies arms and legs have had hidden joints since as far back as I know, and those things stay together pretty well for quite some time, in addition to taking plenty of abuse from kids. What do they make those out of?

I didn't hesitate ordering Hulk. As far as the arms, I will wait to be concerned after we hear what they are actually made of. But since someone posted something about the arms possibly being some sort of PVC, I decided to look it up. I'd suggest you do too.

We know PVC is used a lot in pipe work. I looked up PVC and flexible PVC and everything I read basically said, PVC is often used underground ( pipe line, swimming pools, man made ponds, etc ) because of its resistance to deterioration. One article I read said they used flixible PVC for an oil pipeline. And it lasted 10 years before deterioration started. And it usually won't start breaking down unless it reaches over 140 degrees.

If the arms are PVC, I won't be worried a bit!:wave

:goodpost: Let's just hope it's PVC

and i agree, a lot of my PVC hasbro figs are still in great condition

Youre ok with a grown man turning into a GIANT GREEN BEHEMOTH, but the pants are in question? :slap

The pants question makes me chuckle too. :dunno :lol

I believe Stan Lee was asked this once. He supposedly chuckled and said something like

I SUPPOSE BRUCE BANNER HAD REED RICHARDS MAKE A SPECIAL MATERIAL FOR HIM TO USE FOR PANTS.

Silly comics not being realistic!:slap:wave

hmmm, nice idea, what materia did they use on those barbies?

The pants question makes me chuckle too. :dunno :lol

I believe Stan Lee was asked this once. He supposedly chuckled and said something like

I SUPPOSE BRUCE BANNER HAD REED RICHARDS MAKE A SPECIAL MATERIAL FOR HIM TO USE FOR PANTS.

Silly comics not being realistic!:slap:wave

I remember that too!

Also in MALLRATS Brody asks Stan if the Things "dork is made of rock" And Stan chuckles "its a Super Hero Secret." :lol

It all makes me wonder how nuts we that we are probably asking questions about fictitious comic characters that the creators themselves don't even know or care to know about!

I didn't hesitate ordering Hulk. As far as the arms, I will wait to be concerned after we hear what they are actually made of. But since someone posted something about the arms possibly being some sort of PVC, I decided to look it up. I'd suggest you do too.

We know PVC is used a lot in pipe work. I looked up PVC and flexible PVC and everything I read basically said, PVC is often used underground ( pipe line, swimming pools, man made ponds, etc ) because of its resistance to deterioration. One article I read said they used flixible PVC for an oil pipeline. And it lasted 10 years before deterioration started. And it usually won't start breaking down unless it reaches over 140 degrees.

If the arms are PVC, I won't be worried a bit!:wave

Is there evidence of this or just one person's speculation? Honestly the price is way better than I thought it would be. Pvc is durable if that's their choice I will buy one. But if it's not clearly mentioned I probably won't risk it.

Is there evidence of this or just one person's speculation? Honestly the price is way better than I thought it would be. Pvc is durable if that's their choice I will buy one. But if it's not clearly mentioned I probably won't risk it.

Is there evidence of someone stating the arms are PVC?

LOL! That's not rubber tearing away at the elbow. THAT IS THE ELBOW! If you look at stills or even your own elbow, you'll notice it has wrinkles on your elbow. And it's made of PVC, not rubber.

^^^ This is where the PVC idea started. Dunno where he got that info, but Id like to know too.

Just a thought here, but obviously the typical HT stand wouldn't work on a figure this big. Since Hulk doesn't come out until next March, is there a possibility that they are working on a new, bigger stand that will come with the figure?

Or are they figuring that he'll stand up fine on his own because he has bigger feet? I'm thinking that there will be a stand.

Is this PVC talk about the arms just wishful thinking to stop one from worrying they bought a figure with a limited lifespan or actually stated officially?

And regarding price, if it was my business I'd be charging as much as I could get away with for each and every figure. It IS a business. Not surprised at all at the $300 price tag based on his size, uniqueness and the price tag on other recent figures.

Pre-ordered... Love flex-pay.

This is what OMG posted in the original Hulk thread that was closed.

The arms (skin) I believe is made of soft PVC not rubber ~

I don't know what knowlege OMG would have to make this statement, or if its true, but it was made.

Back