1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So on the right arm of the figure, I tried to unscrew the screw so I can put the batteries in, but it won't seem to unscrew. I've used various screwdriver sizes and it won't budge at all. I tried so much that I'm just grinding the plastic and the metal of the screw.

What do you recommend. It's quite frustrating as Hot Toys used to put the batteries inside and not have us put it in. Any suggestions?

I never try out the batteries on these figures, light up features aren't really what appeal to me when purchasing a suit, it's the figure itself I want..., thinking I should maybe check they actually work now though (if nothing else). :)

So on the right arm of the figure, I tried to unscrew the screw so I can put the batteries in, but it won't seem to unscrew. I've used various screwdriver sizes and it won't budge at all. I tried so much that I'm just grinding the plastic and the metal of the screw.

What do you recommend. It's quite frustrating as Hot Toys used to put the batteries inside and not have us put it in. Any suggestions?

I had to pop the arms off and I went through all of my mini screwdrivers until I found one that fits. I placed the arm in the palm of my hand and applied a lot of downward force on the screw while turning it at the same time. I did this slowly but steadily until the screw started to turn. I managed to get them both out with no damage to the screw. They are ridiculously tight. When I put the screws back I just snugged them so they hold the covers in place but they can be removed eadily.

Best of luck.

It's great that they keep the batteries separate on these but they made some of the panels ridiculously too tight. I had War Machine 2.0 and the chest light screw ended up getting stripped. They may as well just keep the panels and screws separate in the box as well.

It's great that they keep the batteries separate on these but they made some of the panels ridiculously too tight. I had War Machine 2.0 and the chest light screw ended up getting stripped. They may as well just keep the panels and screws separate in the box as well.

That is a very good idea.

I think this is hands down the finest Iron Man figure yet! Loves it I does.
064387ff5fbc4ea07c192f93cfda7cc6.jpg
31b0c125638c1426fe037ca55a388e4a.jpg

Was that you on facebook asking about what your first Iron Man figure should be?

We are looking into recording a new episode of The Hottoycast tomorrow so look for it a few days later and yes we will be reviewing this guy along with Elder Predator, Thor Light Armor and more. :)

Mine arrived yesterday. Paint application and overall condition of the figure is great. My only gripe and this is more of a gripe on all recent figures is that the bases are getting too damn big. I'm running out of display room. I might have to move away from ikea detolf cases. Any suggestions for a wider display option?

Mine arrived yesterday. Paint application and overall condition of the figure is great. My only gripe and this is more of a gripe on all recent figures is that the bases are getting too damn big. I'm running out of display room. I might have to move away from ikea detolf cases. Any suggestions for a wider display option?

I am wrestling with that exact issue right now. An smaller alternate secure base would be nice.

Back