1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still am having a hard time deciding if I want this or the Silver Centurion more. I'm not a die hard Iron Man fan so don't really need more than one suit for my collection (plus I already have Tony Stark- The Mechanic on order). On the one hand this one is cool and the idea of it being diecast seems kind of interesting and it got more screen time, but on the other hand the Silver Centurion kind of looks badass to me for some reason.

I still am having a hard time deciding if I want this or the Silver Centurion more. I'm not a die hard Iron Man fan so don't really need more than one suit for my collection (plus I already have Tony Stark- The Mechanic on order). On the one hand this one is cool and the idea of it being diecast seems kind of interesting and it got more screen time, but on the other hand the Silver Centurion kind of looks badass to me for some reason.

I totally agree. That blade on the Silver Centurion amazing.

I PO'd the Silver Centurian as it reminds me of the comic version growing up. I keep finding myself going back and looking at the Mark XLII though. It's hard not pulling the trigger on it too. Do they have some sort of rehab clinic for this? :)

I'm kind of leaning towards getting both too :lol I really like them both but can't decide on just one.

I PO'd the Silver Centurian as it reminds me of the comic version growing up. I keep finding myself going back and looking at the Mark XLII though. It's hard not pulling the trigger on it too. Do they have some sort of rehab clinic for this? :)
Yeah, I like this one because the look of the Mark XLII is unique and also the battle damaged pieces on this one are cool.

This would be my first Iron Man armor

I will make this as a centerpiece of my collection along with tony stark

Being partly made of diecast added an extra bonus on it.

I am just hoping that the workmanship will be a work of art and will make my jaw drop.

In about 3 months, assuming there are no delays. Most of us are anticipating it to be knocked back, though.
It seems like just about every Hot Toys figure is delayed from it's scheduled date. This one being diecast I'm betting it for sure will be pushed back. I still haven't placed my order yet but am thinking of doing so. Only thing stopping me is putting down the nonrefundable deposit since I'd want to flex pay him through Sideshow. I'm thinking later this month after the holidays and whatnot I'll place my order for it.

I think that's a good bet. Personally, I like the flexpay scheme and did the same with War Machine II (paid NRD early this month and first payment will be coming out December 25th). Really don't care how long it's delayed; it's nice having it 3/4 paid off by the time it's released.

I think that's a good bet. Personally, I like the flexpay scheme and did the same with War Machine II (paid NRD early this month and first payment will be coming out December 25th). Really don't care how long it's delayed; it's nice having it 3/4 paid off by the time it's released.
That's kind of how I feel too. That way I can have a few different figures on order at a time but if they all end up releasing around the same time I'm not paying a ton all at once for them and instead there's some breathing room.

I'm unsure whether to get this one or if I should go for the Mark VII.

Ohh decisions, decisions..

Well considering the Mark VII is sold out, get the XLII. Unless you really like the VII and don't mind paying a premium.

Initially I really disliked this armour but over time it has grown on me a lot. Not so much that I'd buy it but it is a very cool design and in die-cast looks pretty stunning. Between the two I'd definitely go for the XLII.

this one is pretty sweet, i might consider picking this one up. it would be awesome if HT release a head sculpt of Pepper Potts or interchangeable face as an exclusive to go with this figure

this one is pretty sweet, i might consider picking this one up. it would be awesome if HT release a head sculpt of Pepper Potts or interchangeable face as an exclusive to go with this figure

:exactly::goodpost:

I'm unsure whether to get this one or if I should go for the Mark VII.

Ohh decisions, decisions..
I like this one a bit more than the Mark VII. Not a fan of the Tony head sculpt for that one and sort of like that the XLII figure comes with the in helmet head sculpt. Not to mention that the Mark VII is probably pretty expensive by now.

I like this one a bit more than the Mark VII. Not a fan of the Tony head sculpt for that one and sort of like that the XLII figure comes with the in helmet head sculpt. Not to mention that the Mark VII is probably pretty expensive by now.

Agreed, I think this will be better than the BD Mark 7 :)

Back