1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if it does get pushed back there will be more time to save I guess. I'd rather wait a few more months for Hot Toys to get this right than have it be a hot mess that comes out on time.

I saw the power pose displayed in a store today and I got excited. My last payment would be the 15th of next month if they are on schedule, and my Armory payments would start the month after, so it would stay 1 flex payment per month if this is on schedule.

didn't really liked this armor at first but after seeing the movie a few times, can't resist to order it. and this will look epic with the tony stark workshop setup

Can't wait to have it although this surely will get delayed for a few months!

This is one of very few armors I'm looking forward to displaying with battle damage parts on. Can't get here fast enough :D

I don't think it will get pushed back. Simply because they are ahead of schedule on other figure lines, which means more time and attention towards this guy as one of the next in line releases!

This is one of very few armors I'm looking forward to displaying with battle damage parts on. Can't get here fast enough :D

Hell yeah :exactly:
I've never really been fan of displaying battle damage but this one I'll probably do so too :lol

I don't think it will get pushed back. Simply because they are ahead of schedule on other figure lines, which means more time and attention towards this guy as one of the next in line releases!

:pray: even though still really doubt. They might just announce more iron man suits instead lol

Hell yeah :exactly:
I've never really been fan of displaying battle damage but this one I'll probably do so too :lol

:hi5: The promo pics of this figure in BD parts are bar none the best of any figure imo. Really looking forward to having this in hand to display with Tony all bloodied up in the Mark 42!

Have they ever made a Tony Stark head inside helmet w/o battle damage yet, aside from Username's AWESOME customs?

Have they ever made a Tony Stark head inside helmet w/o battle damage yet, aside from Username's AWESOME customs?

Yes the original Mark 2.

Mk2Oct3120132_zps3aefeaeb.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Tony was not all bloodied up actually.

If they got that face in there, it will definitely come out. So it can be modded to add an armour test face afterwards.

Thanks for your kind words.
:hi5:

This guy is definitely next on my list, but do you guys think there will be potential problems with the die-cast like paint chipping?

This guy is definitely next on my list, but do you guys think there will be potential problems with the die-cast like paint chipping?

The potential for paint chipping is, from what I've heard, 100% certain. All diecast tarnishes, and depending on conditions such as improper room temperature, high humidity, and lack of dusting, can degrade very quickly. I know people who collect diecast cars often buy diecast maintenance kits. However, I'm not a pro. I'm only relaying information I heard secondhand and I don't own any diecast products myself. While plastic degrades too, it sounds like diecast requires much more maintenance and degrades much quicker, making HT's move to diecast very confusing.

The potential for paint chipping is, from what I've heard, 100% certain. All diecast tarnishes, and depending on conditions such as improper room temperature, high humidity, and lack of dusting, can degrade very quickly. I know people who collect diecast cars often buy diecast maintenance kits. However, I'm not a pro. I'm only relaying information I heard secondhand and I don't own any diecast products myself. While plastic degrades too, it sounds like diecast requires much more maintenance and degrades much quicker, making HT's move to diecast very confusing.

Once again that is a bunch of crap. I still have die-cast cars and figures that are in great condition.
If thsi chips or has problems then its just cuz HT didntt do it worth a ****. I have the die-cast 1/4 endo and i love the weight it has.

Back