1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah we at SSF are a small minority. Seeing the overwhelming response at Toy Hunters and Facebook, people for the most part will still buy despite price increases.

Gonna pre order this once its up on uk sites. 3 month gap between this and IP without the delays which WILL happen so roughly a year to put some money aside for this and IP.

Think that will be it then for me and the IM diecast, going to pick up the mark 7 clean for a classic red and gold representation. Getting expensive this hobby and i have other proprieties.

Only $310!!! Plus, at least it comes with more accessories than IP at pretty much the same price.

This will be the only HT IM3 figure I will be buying because of the price. Sadly, after finishing the Avengers line and getting this, there will be very few HT figures I will be getting the in the future. I can see a basic MMS costing almost $400 by the time the next Avengers movie comes out.

Hot Toys has answered all of the *****ing about secondary market prices, now they just charge secondary prices up front eliminating the flipper. Toy fair exclusives they now make more of than regular releases, thus eliminating the scalper. Who says Hot Toys doesn't listen to their customers:lecture:lol. Why wouldn't they give us die cast figures for 20% more?

Hot Toys has answered all of the *****ing about secondary market prices, now they just charge secondary prices up front eliminating the flipper. Toy fair exclusives they now make more of than regular releases, thus eliminating the scalper. Who says Hot Toys doesn't listen to their customers:lecture:lol. Why wouldn't they give us die cast figures for 20% more?
Not to mention all the times I read in the past "Happy with the figure but lifted it out of the box and it felt so light..." -- never could understand that criticism.

Anyway, that's not to say I'm totally against this new line. I'm really only interested in a definitive Mark III or IV, and this new series will solve the fading cod piece issue (using ABS). If one's only buying one or two figures, then it's not such a bad proposition. If one has to have every single release, then I can see the bump being an issue.

Last edited:
Hot Toys has answered all of the *****ing about secondary market prices, now they just charge secondary prices up front eliminating the flipper.

That's because when they noticed people flipping the figures for exorbitant prices, they weren't thinking "this is unethical and has to be stopped." They were thinking "how can we make all that money ours?"

I don't see really see what the issue is about the "40% die cast material" some people are having here.. I mean, do HT mean it's only 40% on the outside or on the total figure? If they mean the outside, the armor, then I'd complain that it wasn't really much of a die cast figure.

But if they mean the whole thing I don't see the problem with it being 40% die cast as they probably made most of the armor in die cast and everything under/inside in plastic. Why waste more expensive material to increase the prices even more and not to mention the weight it will have if it was all die cast?

Because it's a joke when you have the Play Imga Mark VII for 80% metal + HoA (Also made a bit of metal) that sells for $350.

It's a joke because it's clear that Hot Toys CAN sell this for cheaper but they won't for more or less reasons.

No point in bickering over it. It is what it is. Prices have been rising and it seems the Mark VII will be the last plastic mms mark suit.

I said it before and I'll say it again, they have the market and us by the b@lls. At this point it's either you eat what they give you or you don't and simply don't buy it.

They need some serious competition before anything changes as they don't even communicate with us fans. It's something that won't change anytime soon.

They need some serious competition before anything changes as they don't even communicate with us fans. It's something that won't change anytime soon.

I'm truly dreading the day it's $450 for a figure and it's not that far away.

I'm truly dreading the day it's $450 for a figure and it's not that far away.

It'll happen and the sad part? If there's no competition by then, people will have no choice and buy it from them. It's what's happening now. Iron Man figures used to be $160 and people thought that was expensive for a toy, now it's $310 for a plastic toy with 40% metal.

But it is what I said, they have no competition, so at the end of the day it's just a matter of if you buy the figure or not.

And how much will a high-end 1:4 scaler be by then? Its all a bit absurd. These things better be impervious to all forms of damage at the price they're getting to.

I know people always freak out if you say something negative about anything and are also rather rude to people who haven't made 100's or 1000's of posts on here but,

To me, this figure looks ridiculous. The immediate impression I got was negative, In all the photos, I saw the total disregard for the proportions of the character which have been finally pushed a bit to far. If you were to stand R.D.J. next to this figure you would realize that this suit, should he actually wear it, would tear him to pieces. The torso is way to long the legs to thin and the neck impossibly long. the Word my GF chose for it was "too Caterpillary" which I think fits rather well.

I know a lot of people are big on the "well I'm not to uptight about this or that" or "your being to picky" and to that I have to say bullcrap! It's a THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR TOY.

Even if you want to say you're rich and the price doesn't matter, (which is a stupid thing to say anyway) If you are asking this extremely high price for a 12" figure that you can barely articulate, and will do very little more than stand on a shelf, then yes you're damn right I'm going be picky, especially about the absolute basics, because if you can't get those right then you need to rethink your career.

I think at this level they need to either DRASTICALLY reduce the price, or get it f'n right.

I've been reading/collecting comics since the 70's and Ironman (and spiderman) has always been my all time favorite Marvel hero(s), but even I don't need YET ANOTHER Ironman

just my 2 cents.

It'll happen and the sad part? If there's no competition by then, people will have no choice and buy it from them. It's what's happening now. Iron Man figures used to be $160 and people thought that was expensive for a toy, now it's $310 for a plastic toy with 40% metal.

But it is what I said, they have no competition, so at the end of the day it's just a matter of if you buy the figure or not.

I was just looking at the Hulk and thinking, heh $299 for 16.5 inches tall. Then thinking, hmm Iron Man 12 inches tall, for $309.

I was just looking at the Hulk and thinking, heh $299 for 16.5 inches tall. Then thinking, hmm Iron Man 12 inches tall, for $309.
Yup you and me both bud. I saw the Hulk and saw that it was $299 and I though to myself..huh well that's cheap. :slap That's how you know it's already happening to our heads. We're so used to these prices hiking that we don't realize just how much it's actually going up.

I might just buy the Hulk instead at this point.

Really trying to limit myself from what I buy from now on. Might just buy this and Mark and call it quits. Will have my fill of Iron Man figures enough to fill up on Besta shelf and be proud of it.

Not looking forward to their future prices.

I can understand why The Bat wasn't coming to 1/6. No doubt about it that would have been over $1,000.

I'm undecided on this figure at the moment. I do like the way it looks and the fact that it comes with battle damaged parts plus the regular parts. Just not sure if it's worth the price, but I also know that Hot Toys are likely just going to become more expensive as seems evident.

I'm just glad that I mostly have my one line (Nolan Batman) I collect and that it's close to being finished. Aside from that I only have a few other characters that I really want. This hobby as awesome as the figures are can be a bit much.

I will get this and a MK III when it comes. The price is definitely limiting most of us on getting all of these.
Will probably do the same and call it quits for Iron Man. Maybe expand to the other figures if they ever release them/announcement.

Back