1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more that I look at the pictures the better it gets. Damn, this figur looks fine. Personally, I think the golden parts of the armor look awesome.

Looks real nice, but I just can't get into the new armor, too much gold for my liking or something.... needs more red.:monkey4
I would like to see previous armors in diecast tough.

When I first saw some of the movie pictures I thought Iron Man was into Desert Storm.

I also hate that they've effectively gotten away with only providing one base now, by combining the round and HoA aesthetics.

$310: 2 heads, hands and a bunch of interchangble parts VS $160: 4 heads, weapons, jetpack & a bunch of hands Hmmmm.

It's a moot point. The SSC figures were rising in price for the Clones a bit ago and people were *****ing out right then too. HT raises the prices because people pay. SSC does the same. This one will sell without fail because Iron Man is the cash cow of HT even though diehard fans like myself who even have the con exclusive colored Marks get effectively priced right out.

I will probably cave and buy this because let's be honest I'm weak and will ***** about it the entire time but the days of nabbing all armor variations and characters (War Machine/Iron Patriot I'm looking at you) are over. Even Iron Whiplash is going to have to be a pass given how big that one should be and how much these diecasts are.

It's a moot point. The SSC figures were rising in price for the Clones a bit ago and people were *****ing out right then too. HT raises the prices because people pay. SSC does the same. This one will sell without fail because Iron Man is the cash cow of HT even though diehard fans like myself who even have the con exclusive colored Marks get effectively priced right out.

I will probably cave and buy this because let's be honest I'm weak and will ***** about it the entire time but the days of nabbing all armor variations and characters (War Machine/Iron Patriot I'm looking at you) are over. Even Iron Whiplash is going to have to be a pass given how big that one should be and how much these diecasts are.

Its strange, I'm of totally opposite opinion. I would rather spend the money on a bigger more impressive plastic MMS like Iron Whiplash, than this figure, or Iron Patriot.

I think these release dates are Hot Toys actually getting a grip and realising they aren't going to get it out by October/September so they are giving us the 'pushed back' dates.

If they give themselves enough time they might be able to release some early which isn't a bad thing!

Its strange, I'm of totally opposite opinion. I would rather spend the money on a bigger more impressive plastic MMS like Iron Whiplash, than this figure, or Iron Patriot.

I guess it depends on your focus. I have all the Marks and so for me continuing the collection is continuing my own Iron Man specific collection. I bought War Machine but as the prices continue to escalate I want to continue my existing collection. It'd bugging me personally if I had Ivan but was missing one of Tony's suits.

The Mike, the scalpers are ruining the hobby as well. :/

It's terrible with the diecast collecting market.

I think these release dates are Hot Toys actually getting a grip and realising they aren't going to get it out by October/September so they are giving us the 'pushed back' dates.

If they give themselves enough time they might be able to release some early which isn't a bad thing!

Ugg when had hot toys release a figure early? Never.. It is always as listed or even later.

Scalpers have been "ruining" the hobby for years, that isn't new. There are members of these boards who openly do it without a blink. The scalpers wouldn't have anything to scalp if people stopped buying. Complaining about it is the equivalent of using a rocking chair, gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

Never said it was new but it hasn't made anything better. There's also been a huge change since Hot Toys saw what some people were making from customs. You can't tell me Hot Toys never saw that and said, lets get these mugs... they'll pay it no matter what.

all of you complaining about the price.. when u see IM3 MOVIE.. youll change ur mind and Pre order it... its a die cast figure plus an annual increase..soo. they gave us a PLASTIC mark 7 for 250..5% increase and a die cast figure... ill take it

people were paying 300 for the plastic DX 12 BATMAN that need all this modifications to look accurate.. just sayin

all of you complaining about the price.. when u see IM3 MOVIE.. youll change ur mind and Pre order it... its a die cast figure plus an annual increase..soo. they gave us a PLASTIC mark 7 for 250..5% increase and a die cast figure... ill take it

people were paying 300 for the plastic DX 12 BATMAN that need all this modifications to look accurate.. just sayin

Seeing the film has nothing to do with it. And comparing what you get with the Mark VII and DX12 accessories wise to the two diecast figures and calling it "comparable" because they've added 40% metal is just Stockholm Syndrome for toy collectors.

Back