1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the product looks ok. That being said, it's not as good as it should be for the price. The proportions are off. Don't they have access to the actual computer models? I can pay the extra money but for the increase I want it to be spot on. I wanted to get this suit but it's just not good enough. I'm going to wait now and see how good the new Superman figure looks along with the Arkham City Batman. If neither of those pass muster than I think I'm going to go back and pick up Luke Skywalker. I don't want to buy two figures when I really only want one but it still has the most wow factor for me out of anything released in the last year that I didn't buy. How can they get a crappy movie figure like Snake-Eyes so right and fumble this?

I just want to know more about the actual differences between the new diecast MMS and the all plastic MMS. I don't like the price increases, but it is what it is. No amount complaining is going to change it. And like someone said a few pages ago, HT saw what their figures were bringing in the secondary market, and decided to grab that profit for themselves. Oh well. We pay the price for that.

The figures are awesome now, they'll be awesome while I'm making flex payments, and they'll be awesome in hand. I don't torture myself with the love hate roller coaster with HT. I have not PO'd either this or IP yet. But I will as soon as I get some more info @ the how the changes with diecast impact the actual final product.

I just hope that comes soon. Maybe during the cons throughout the spring and summer.

Last edited:
Quick question are the battle damage parts the usual plastic, I am just curious if the intend to have diecast in the arms how would the pull it of.

Quick question are the battle damage parts the usual plastic, I am just curious if the intend to have diecast in the arms how would the pull it of.

I wonder about that myself.

For the price they're asking, one would think all the exterior panels (including the BD parts) are made of metal. But with Hot Toys, you just never know.

I'm not going to preorder this.
I'll wait until we get feedback about the final production figure.

They have suburb customer service and go out of their way to replace parts if they come damage. They even sent people replacements for the Joker 2.0 BOX because most came damage during shipping.

If they have the part that's broken, they'll send it to you. If not, they'll offer you a partial refund back or a full refund but you need to return the figure obviously.

Yes, they are excellent at replacing parts. Had a stud missing off of the DX Luke Skwalker belt, and they sent me another belt. Didn't have to return or destroy the other belt. I also have a pin sized hole (can only see it very close) on the S shield of my Reeve Superman. For that, they gave me a $30 credit.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I can see myself picking up some from this Diecast series. They do look pretty sweet.

I am really disappointed that this does not have a helmet with a Pepper HS. I guess they have a year, so maybe they will add it later. But knowing HT they could be planning on making a separate Mark XLII movie promo edition just for her.

I am really disappointed that this does not have a helmet with a Pepper HS. I guess they have a year, so maybe they will add it later. But knowing HT they could be planning on making a separate Mark XLII movie promo edition just for her.

It's Iron Man were talking about, of course they are. There will be at least two versions of her.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark 42 Diecast Series MMS

I will pass for this one, and wait for the "Movie Promo" Battle Damaged Mark 42 that will be announced soon:

ironman3-poster-watermark-jpg_162144.jpg

Knowing Hot Toys' constant milking of Ironman license, probably that will most likely be true :slap

How great would it be if a pepper in armour HS is an exclusive to SS for their next Iron Man 3 release...:cuckoo:

Great looking figure! Kinda torn on whether I want to pay extra for die-cast. But then again, other than a PPS statue, what choice do I have? :dunno

This one is definitely the way to go compared to the PPS version imo. Yes it cost more but you get a fully poseable figure with BD parts and and a RDJ sculpt. The PPS version is very limited in what you get for your money.

Wasn't really after this armour, but now that it's diecast .....

Might see how the Iron Patriot turns out, before placing my NRD at SSC. I have a backup at BBTS though :D

If i get one or both of these, i will be using my reward points to bring the price down to something i can live with.

Still waiting for the Heartbreaker :impatient:

Back