1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GvHtKrk.png

They should look very close, it's the same suit. But there are differences.

I feel the Terminator boys would go into rages of debate discussing those proportion differences... like they do whether Police Shootout or Steelworks have the more Arnie shoulders...

What are the differences between the two figures? Not much has been released except for the message from HT Facebook page. I figure any differences are small, based around accessories.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

My armour on the mid-section has gotten a little chip in the paint armour, I don't want this to get damaged by humidity or water and start degrading areas around it, and don't have a picture of it.

Does anyone know stuff you can put on diecast areas affected to stop damage? Or the type of paint used on it, I don't want it to look out of place but at the same time I don't want further damage to it.

A little late to the party but got this guy a few weeks ago. Easily my favorite armor of the trilogy.

9737629150a39cbed0bf2e9f54b39058.jpg

4cc96c89e75d7f9a8a0f96e05087e6de.jpg

e88f2e38a236cae18372e04674bd609a.jpg

Hey guys just bought this figure off an ebay seller and they didnt include the batteries, does anyone know what type this figure uses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a pretty good deal on a new MMS 340 version of this suit on Amazon. Pretty excited to have an Iron Man armor coming in. It just shipped, so I'm hoping I get by the end of the week.

I just got this today. It's amazing and heavy. Except for the gold piece on the left shin, just below the knee, that falls off. **** that piece. Gonna need to glue it down. Gonna need to buy glue. Also, I wish that the switch for the battery on the head was located under the head, near the ball joint so that I don't have to scalp it when I wanna see the lights. I hope that's been fixed for the Mark 46!

Overall, I'm glad I have this armor, it's fantastic.

I just got this today. It's amazing and heavy. Except for the gold piece on the left shin, just below the knee, that falls off. **** that piece. Gonna need to glue it down. Gonna need to buy glue. Also, I wish that the switch for the battery on the head was located under the head, near the ball joint so that I don't have to scalp it when I wanna see the lights. I hope that's been fixed for the Mark 46!

Overall, I'm glad I have this armor, it's fantastic.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I received this from eBay this week, was the main figure I regretted not getting since I was late to the HT game. Now, I love the figure but both arms pop off incredibly easily. They hold up for any pose, but almost any movement to get to a pose and they pop off. I don't really feel like going through the return process because it's not a huge deal breaker, but a bit frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix it? I thought about dabbing a tiny bit of superglue on the ball joints and letting them dry before popping them back in, to add a bit of resistance. But any kind of work on a HT figure makes me nervous lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I received this from eBay this week, was the main figure I regretted not getting since I was late to the HT game. Now, I love the figure but both arms pop off incredibly easily. They hold up for any pose, but almost any movement to get to a pose and they pop off. I don't really feel like going through the return process because it's not a huge deal breaker, but a bit frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix it? I thought about dabbing a tiny bit of superglue on the ball joints and letting them dry before popping them back in, to add a bit of resistance. But any kind of work on a HT figure makes me nervous lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Some were like that. If I remember the nes released first in Asia had that problem and the ones released for the US were kind of fixed. The right arm on mine would fall off.

Found it kinda neat that RDJ considers the Mark 42 as his favorite armor so far (he even remembers its numerical designation) from one of his recent live videos on Facebook.

Found it kinda neat that RDJ considers the Mark 42 as his favorite armor so far (he even remembers its numerical designation) from one of his recent live videos on Facebook.

I think RDJ remembers the 42 because it was just 2 million shy of what he got paid to make IM3 (44 million). I'd think an actor who broke the highest paid for a single movie record might remember a few details:rotfl

42 is actually a character in itself, scrappy and has personality. My favorite too!

NhVNRXM.jpg

This is why I like the armor so much. Say what you will about IM3, the fact that the suit itself felt like a character with an entertaining personality says a lot. Loved the color scheme also.

Back