1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what would piss the international community off more. Announcing that as part of some marketing deal that Popcultcha in Australia would be the exclusive carrier of the upcoming Mark 46 suit (in limited numbers) or that the Mark III diecast would get a tweak and re-release in the form of the Mark II just for Popcultcha for the same reason..

You can bet there will be dozens of people on Facebook complaining that another old suit has been rereleased again instead of Drax or Yellowjacket... I wish some of them would do a bit more homework instead of jumping on the whole Hot Toy has a love affair with Iron Man bandwagon..

People probably think the release of one figure = the non-release of something else they wanted. That or they haven't logically thought it through because I share your guys exact same line of thinking. What if they released a DC Mk6 with all the bells and whistles AND it was only sold at one shop that people didn't have access to? Oh man, just imagining the hate... Emperor Palpatine would be in heaven.

As a new collector, I would be interested in getting this (depending on the price), eBay prices on the old one was pretty high

Image1467011625.177230.jpg

Mark 6

It's actually a good thing. A company would never waste the resources on something like this unless the market is expanding and needs to in order to meet market demand.

I'm new to this hobby within the last 6 months and I know I'm not the only one. HT is addressing market needs, simple as that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It's actually a good thing. A company would never waste the resources on something like this unless the market is expanding and needs to in order to meet market demand.

I'm new to this hobby within the last 6 months and I know I'm not the only one. HT is addressing market needs, simple as that.

If they were truly trying to reach more new collectors doubt it would be issued in such an exclusive way. Nah hot toys knows exactly what will happen. These will be all on eBay and hour after store opening :lol Hot toys will get the money anyways though so they don't really care.

At least it's just a dumb reissue that's an exclusive and not a new character or figure.

If they were truly trying to reach more new collectors doubt it would be issued in such an exclusive way. Nah hot toys knows exactly what will happen. These will be all on eBay and hour after store opening [emoji38] Hot toys will get the money anyways though so they don't really care.

At least it's just a dumb reissue that's an exclusive and not a new character or figure.
Everything HT does in regards to the new Shanghai store is the company's attempt to bring in more customers. I don't think offering a top selling product in a new market is bad business. Yeah, they know people will buy the figures. So, of course they'll provide the new store with stock of a popular item.

People criminalize standard business moves with HT like I've never seen.

HT also can't control the secondary market.

Didn't say it was bad business at all. In fact my post says they'll for sure get good money for them so not sure where you're getting that.

What I mean in terms of exclusivity is that they are only offering it to their Shanghai market. Yes it's a new outpost for them, but if they were trying to reach more collectors and tap into the sales that would otherwise go to the secondary market than it would make sense to sell this world wide as there seems to be a good amount of demand for the return of these suits.

In regards to Hot toys not controlling the secondary market that's absolutely true. Doesn't mean their oblivious to it. They gotta know that these exclusives mostly just seem to end up double the price on eBay. So either they know and don't care or know and are fine with it as to keep these "collectible".

Like I said just glad this isn't a diecast reissue that's exclusive or a new character.

So this guy got some kind of re-release with Figuarts too. I dunno, I liked this suit the least.

Yes we will. I bet within 1 year either Mk. IV or VI in diecast.

Oh and I also don't understand why people are bent out of shape with these releases.

I'm just annoyed with the Midas release.. I'd like to own the figure at a normal house party armor price.

Midas is the only figure that is more than just a stripped down version of the original.

I hope it gets brought over, but it's seeming ever more unlikely with each new reissue.

I'm just annoyed with the Midas release.. I'd like to own the figure at a normal house party armor price.

Midas is the only figure that is more than just a stripped down version of the original.

I hope it gets brought over, but it's seeming ever more unlikely with each new reissue.

Mine just arrived today and its spectacular! I paid a bit under $375 shipped, the eBay prices will settle. Look, I'm an Iron Man fanatic and own multiple versions of just about every suit. Suffice it to say, I've always had a difficult time picking my top 5 favorites but not anymore. INCLUDING upcoming releases, my top five are now: 1, Mk. 15 Sneaky (I know, weird choice). 2, Mk. 45. 3, Mk. XXI Midas Chrome. 4, Mk. IX. 5, WM Mk. III. Yes, I have strange tastes but if I were to go further into my top 10, you'd see some more obvious choices.

Basically my point is that it, for me, it takes a lot for an armor to make an impact on me and this one shot straight up to #3!

Back