1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is a great figure. Actually looks like a person can fit inside. The newer ones are nice but this has a unique shape that gives it the edge

Anyone has fading of the red colour on the back rubber part of the pants?

Yeah most are probably going to fade eventually. The rerelease Hong Kong version is plastic in that area so they improved it on that version.

Yeah most are probably going to fade eventually. The rerelease Hong Kong version is plastic in that area so they improved it on that version.
Yeah, it looks like the same improvements in Mark 43. Too expensive though. Oh well, at least it's only at the back.

Thanks for the reply

I'm sure it's been discussed in detail earlier in this thread, but I wanted to know if there is an easy way to know if the figure is from the rerelease or the original release? I've been looking at getting one on the secondary market but don't know how to tell, especially if the pictures are just of the figure itself. Any tips or advice? Also, does the rerelease sell for a lot more than the original release? Thanks for any info!

I'm sure it's been discussed in detail earlier in this thread, but I wanted to know if there is an easy way to know if the figure is from the rerelease or the original release? I've been looking at getting one on the secondary market but don't know how to tell, especially if the pictures are just of the figure itself. Any tips or advice? Also, does the rerelease sell for a lot more than the original release? Thanks for any info!

The rerelease was for Disney Hong Kong (I think) it doesnt come with the battle damaged parts and just a crotch stand. The only improvement is it uses the mk 43 body which has improved articulation and a plastic butt instead of rubber.its a pretty bare bones release.

The rerelease was for Disney Hong Kong (I think) it doesnt come with the battle damaged parts and just a crotch stand. The only improvement is it uses the mk 43 body which has improved articulation and a plastic butt instead of rubber.its a pretty bare bones release.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep this in mind while looking on eBay, etc.

Given the minor issues with this figure. I'd have to say it's still my favorite suit. Plus I used an extra hand for a custom Tony Stark

Can anyone give me any insight on removing the neck post on this? I've tried several times with no luck -- I was starting to think it wasn't going to work, but then came on here and saw Irok's photo and now I have to do it!!

Can anyone give me any insight on removing the neck post on this? I've tried several times with no luck -- I was starting to think it wasn't going to work, but then came on here and saw Irok's photo and now I have to do it!!
I'm not certain he removed it. From the picture, it looks like that Stark headsculpt is resting ON the neck ring, not in it. It looks to me like someone decapitated Tony, and balanced his head on an empty armor. XD

But I'm just going by the single picture, so maybe it's done differently.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a pretty sick display. Why don't you just ask irok himself?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a pretty sick display. Why don't you just ask irok himself?

I did, but I agree with CupcakeMcGraw, and I was hoping to get some tips before I start unscrewing him (too late!) from someone whos taken apart a 42/43. I'll try and remember to take photos as I go.

One of my favourite armors
5e80e496969da124cda3b59f37f04c3e.jpg

Just got this and it has a loose arm joint to shoulder. Any fix?

I think you may be able to pull the arm off and tighten the screw on the joint.
Sorry for no pic. I'm at work and not near my figures.

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a video of the figure being disassembled:

Back