1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardcore fans can be a very vocal minority. I think for the vast majority of casual fans, IM3 was great. :)

I get what your saying about perceived fans not liking a movie even if it has big numbers...but even if the fan community dislikes a film to make hundreds of millions of dollars people liked it. There's really no other way it gets this numbers. Many people see it multiple times. People recommend it. I'm not saying everyone likes it. But massive amounts of people do. It's not just people wanting to see it or nearly every movie would do it. And that's just not what happens. Fan communities for most of the franchise represent a small percentage of overall audiences.

The height thing...yeah it's funny how people look at it. I have a unique view having worked in sets. The one that always gets me is Tom Cruise. The guy is tiny. I saw him on a set and he was a full foot shorter then a costar but on screen they where portayed eye to eye.

yeah, in searching for that downey photo i stumbled on articles about cruise being **** about his height. that's a pretty funny tidbit.

Hardcore fans can be a very vocal minority. I think for the vast majority of casual fans, IM3 was great. :)

i don't think i've seen anyone say that they flat out think iron man 3 is terrible.. i think a lot of people, when judging it, compare it to the other marvel movies. but even then, i really think iron man 3 is quite good. but then again, i really enjoyed iron man 2.. so, what do i know.

i don't think i've seen anyone say that they flat out think iron man 3 is terrible.. i think a lot of people, when judging it, compare it to the other marvel movies. but even then, i really think iron man 3 is quite good. but then again, i really enjoyed iron man 2.. so, what do i know.

I liked IM2 too. In fact, I felt that it held more replay value than IM3 for me (I still enjoy re-watching it until today). I think it's one of the Marvel movies that aged better.

Well this is the right landing pose for this armor though. On the movie his knee doesn't touch the ground.

iron-man-3-suit.jpg

Not sure if anyone still cares but a good trick is if you have the Mk. 43 use the neck post on the 42 to make the landing pose look better. I tried to find pics of when I did this but unfortunately can't. Trust me though, it works as the 43's neck post allows for more upward movement and I remember when I got my first 43 I was trying to figure out why the landing pose looked better on an essentially repainted figure and discovered that the neck post had better up and down movement.

If you don't have a 43 that you can just swap neck posts with then your best bet is to get out the dremel and cut away some plastic from the 42's neck post. Take the head off and you'll see what I mean.

Well, since the memberships are part of how they keep paying the bills...and it serves as a bit of a disincentive to scammers just signing up over and over...makes sense to me.

Well, since the memberships are part of how they keep paying the bills...and it serves as a bit of a disincentive to scammers just signing up over and over...makes sense to me.

i never said that it didn't make sense. i just said it was strange.i guess i'm just used to forums that don't require you to pay a yearly fee in order to sell something.

i'm not complaining about it or saying that it's wrong.. i just said it was strange because i haven't been to a forum structured that way. most of the other forums i visit seem to make money through ads for sites that sell whatever the forum is based around. and if you donate to the site you're allowed the same perks that this one allows (except of the selling thing), also.. wouldn't the post count and member time period do a well enough job at deterring scammers from signing up to sell something?

the way i see it would be.. if someone buys enough of these figures and sells stuff regularly, it's probably more affordable to go through here than it would be to go through eBay and deal with their fees and whatnot.

but hey.. i would think that this particular hobby is more conducive to this structure. someone who is buying these types of figures regularly should be able to afford a measly $25 every 365 days.

For some reason, some of the 42's (and to an extent, the 43's) pics tend to have elongated necks. You nailed yours though. They look like movie stills. Great job!

It's where you position the head, or where he is facing. When you face him forward in line with the chest, it allows you to move the neck joint down (towards you) to the lowest position, hence making the head appear lower and the neck shorter. When you turn the head towards the left or the right, the neck part of the neck joint hinders it and you have to adjust and push the head up a little higher in order to turn it more, hence the neck appearing longer since it is showing more.

Back