1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'll be sending my whole figure back for a replacement. Apparently all of Sideshow's "replacement" parts have paint/chip imperfections and scratches. Making it pointless to have them send any. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Took me three Patriot's to get a good one, let's see how many of these it takes. :thud:

Guess I'll be sending my whole figure back for a replacement. Apparently all of Sideshow's "replacement" parts have paint/chip imperfections and scratches. Making it pointless to have them send any. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Took me three Patriot's to get a good one, let's see how many of these it takes. :thud:
All HT Iron Man figures have intentional paint chip/scratch effects so sending it back for that reason is fruitless.

That's unacceptable.

But why? I can understand it on the battle damaged pieces, but my clean parts shouldn't be like that.

That's an HT decision, presumably to add to the realism of the figure having seen combat. They aren't marketed as flawlessly painted straight from Jarvis.

Wait, are you talking about HT's "wear by design" or actual paint chips, cracks, etc.?

Actual chips in the paint and armor. I understand purposely adding wear but this isn't that. This is where they ****ed up when painting and assembling the figure and boxed it up anyway. :(

Some more pics of this incredible figure :)

4a9a8ygu.jpg

ysenydap.jpg

I always hate seeing people getting quality control issues when it comes to expensive items, there really is no excuse when being charged a premium..., it also makes me apprehensive when I've ordered the same thing & haven't got it yet. :(

That's an HT decision, presumably to add to the realism of the figure having seen combat. They aren't marketed as flawlessly painted straight from Jarvis.
I thought this was common knowledge? Numerous reviewers have pointed this out...plus we're a few movies in where this trend has been going on for some time

It sucks but their will always be a chance for QC issues no matter how much you are being charged. Items that are hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars have QC issues.

Paint defects I can live with, they can easily be allowed for as battle damage, it's the dodgy looking arm joint that's worrying me. :(

I love this figure!!! Cant get enough of it, I feel the money spent on the MK 42 was well worth it. Even more than Iron Patriot and War machine Mk II

Mk 42 by defiler257, on Flickr

Back