1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened him. I didn't get ratcheting knee joints on both legs. It doesn't seem like a major deal since the joint is still tight like any regular Mark Suit figure out of the box, but I'm wondering if it will matter with more dynamic posing? Anyone else encounter this with theirs?

Yeah, one of the knees on mine doesn't have tight ratchets like the other one. But it doesn't really affect the stability of the joint.

Picked up on the weekend, but my arc reactor light switch is buried in his body. Retrieved it at last but what a pain on a $300+, figure I am happy my local store will swap it for another.

12604382683_6448eea692_o.jpg

12600655704_57c6b2f26e_o.jpg

I added a second gun to War Machine to bulk him up. It works perfectly as I had predicted in the Patriot thread.

After having the figure for a while, the diecast adds a lot of weight to the body and the joints feel much more sturdy. Visually its pretty difficult to tell if its plastic or metal even up close. Its all the articulation which makes this superior to every other armored figure. It even rivals a true type body. I'd like to see these joints become standard on all figures in the future. The only complaint I have is the placement of the light switches. The switch for the lights on the head is under the 'mohawk' panel on his head, I don't know if its just mine but the light kind of shines through the seam at the front. its very subtle but it still bothers me. I think this design worked better on Mark 7 , where the switch was under the removable face plate. I don't know why they changed it. And worse, the switch for the light up base is on the bottom, which means I gotta lift the whole thing up ( while its holding a heavy diecast figure) just to turn the lights on.Really inconvenient. (With the Tony Stark base, I could just reach behind the figure with one hand, turn it on, show my friends and turn it off, quick and easy.) The rest of the switches are all covered by removable panels. Cosmetically , it looks nice cause everything is hidden, but its very impractical to have to remove the panel flip the switch and close it and then do it all over again to turn it off. The chest light is particularly hard to access, you need that wand tool to help pull the cover off, which is made of metal. Odds are I just won't bother with any of it. "The whole thing lights up but its too much of a hassle, so just use your imagination" I think they should just make a remote control to turn it on wireless.

War1.jpg~original

War2.jpg~original

War4.jpg~original

War3.jpg~original

"HAULT This is a restricted area!"
War5.jpg~original

War9.jpg~original

"Perimeter lock down, area secure."
War10.jpg~original

War11.jpg~original

Anti-air support
War14.jpg~original

"Echo Foxtrot, move out"
War16.jpg~original

"Delta, hold position."
War17.jpg~original

"Tango down"
War19.jpg~original

I think I'd still rather prefer colored plastic. Die cast means painted metal which can chip or flake. I'd much rather pay a lower price for colored plastic.

Uhh no, If it is from China, plastic flakes way easier than die cast painted metal... All I collect is Die cast made figures from Asia, made in China, and model cars and the only issues I ever have with paint is with plastic pieces, THOSE flake way easier. Unless the colors are molded in plastic, but not painted over.

Uhh no, If it is from China, plastic flakes way easier than die cast painted metal... All I collect is Die cast made figures from Asia, made in China, and model cars and the only issues I ever have with paint is with plastic pieces, THOSE flake way easier. Unless the colors are molded in plastic, but not painted over.

you're probably right. But I think I'd rather prefer the lower price for plastic version since I'm just displaying it. But that's just my preference :)

I "think" the plastic on the Hot Toys Iron Men are colored plastic, not painted plastic right?

Picked up on the weekend, but my arc reactor light switch is buried in his body. Retrieved it at last but what a pain on a $300+, figure I am happy my local store will swap it for another.

That seems to be the going problem with this one, once my new torso arrives I'm going to take apart the old one before I smash it just to see how hard it would be to fix in case anyone else can't get a replacement.

My Iron Man Milk has a very slight scratch on the back of the thigh and is white underneath.

I would be interested to see or hear how that goes @rocbolt I wondered as well how hard it would be to fix it myself.
You would think the switches would be more secure since there is pressure being applied.

I wanted to get some thoughts on this... I go my War Machine a couple of weeks ago, and just got around to opening it. It appears that there is a hair painted on to the chest piece. Does anyone else have something like? Anyone think its work hitting up Sideshow? Thanks!

warmachine.jpg

Back